I think Blizzard should hire Mark Millar

55 Draenei Death Knight
Think of it, the man is a comic book writer but with a talent for making great story comes true. I think he can inject what we need in the WoW genre and he would be a lot cheaper then Knak or Golden. IN fact maybe have him spear head a few WoW comic project .

He write comics so he would have plenty of time to write for wow if the price is right.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Think of it, the man is a comic book writer but with a talent for making great story comes true. I think he can inject what we need in the WoW genre and he would be a lot cheaper then Knak or Golden. IN fact maybe have him spear head a few WoW comic project .

He write comics so he would have plenty of time to write for wow if the price is right.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHHH

Mark Millar would not be cheaper that Golden. Golden is cheaper than Millar.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd rather they steer away from comic book type stories.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Um, after reading "Ultimate Comics: Avengers"...no. No. Not ever. No. ...!@#$ that %^-*, no.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Well that was ultimate avengers they WANTED to be bold so he went bold.

Read his fantastic four original works it was quite human and action pack. Also read his spiderman under marvel knights he did great with it , all of that was kept to a minimum. He's a very talented writer and should be utilized as such with Wow comics.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
D.M. Cornish, Scott Westerfield, Neil Gaiman, Cherie Priest... any would be good
Reply Quote
99 Undead Priest
I only know Millar through Kick-!@#, which I thought was pretty good. Personally, I'm sort of tired of superheroes, but thought he managed to get a lot of mileage from his particular take/deconstruction of the concept.

Part of me would like to see Orhan Pamuk write an elaborate novel discussing the confused state of orcish culture, pulled between pride for the old days, shame over the same, and uncertainty over their place in the world particularly regarding the elements of human culture they absorbed during the internment.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
09/20/2012 04:12 AMPosted by Desidarius
I'd rather they steer away from comic book type stories.

With the kind of tripe the 'story' of WoW is sprewing these days, you're kinda too late.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid

No, the word you're looking for is "garbage," he went garbage. The first two Ultimates were bold. The new stuff is just !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The writer of the New "Transformers: More than meets the eye" comic series is quite good. I can just imagine what he'd do with Azeroth.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

No, the word you're looking for is "garbage," he went garbage. The first two Ultimates were bold. The new stuff is just !@#$.

Ultimate X-men is pretty good.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Mark Millar writes horrible comic books though. I'm seriously trying to think of a good comic the man has wrote and not a single one comes to mind.
Edited by Sgtcrispy on 9/21/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
The first two ultimate was his the third was by mark wade who decided to fubar everything up. All of Mark Millar comics if not most get turn into movies. I think he have the right amount of edginess to make Wow from cartoony comics to updated in your face comic and STILL keep the comic feel of WoW.

I would however have Geoff Johns revampe the entire dragonflight storyline and maybe bring back deathwing as good guy. The man have mad skills.

Come on these are COMICS writer, an industry that is failing more and more each day it is only a matter of time before they go the way of the dinosaur. Two guys like that can do soo much good for Wow it's not even funny.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
09/21/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Crappytank
The first two ultimate was his the third was by mark wade who decided to fubar everything up. All of Mark Millar comics if not most get turn into movies. I think he have the right amount of edginess to make Wow from cartoony comics to updated in your face comic and STILL keep the comic feel of WoW.

That doesn't mean it's good. Plenty of crappy things get turned into movies. Plus, I can't even think of anything of his that has been turned into a movie other than Kick-!@#. No he doesn't, Mark Millar is "edgy to the extreme" for no reason other than shock value. Millar writing WoW would be something like Garrosh have forced sexual intercourse ( the R word is blocked ) with Jaina Jaina, getting her pregnant and then murdering her while Thrall has forced sexual intercourse with the corpse. and then Varian stops by to eat some dead kittens. He's an awful writer.

I would however have Geoff Johns revampe the entire dragonflight storyline and maybe bring back deathwing as good guy. The man have mad skills.
Considering his New 52 Justice League run is incredibly awful I don't have too much faith in him. He's done good things, but recently his work has been very sub-par.

Come on these are COMICS writer, an industry that is failing more and more each day it is only a matter of time before they go the way of the dinosaur. Two guys like that can do soo much good for Wow it's not even funny.

Get some good comic book writers and then we'll talk.
Edited by Sgtcrispy on 9/21/2012 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Again have you not read his acclaim works, not ALL of his stuff is edgy to the extreme. He put the moderm take on Superheroes and make them less cartoony and more serious but able to fit into this world.

I think seeing as how WoW is comic book-ish it appears to be done by BAD comic books writers. Millar not Bendis, but Millar have the plot flow to actually make the WoW -universe good and edgy, for us to feel danger being in it.

As Far as Geoff Johns I didn't think he was a good person to write jusitce leauge to be honest with you. However he would be GREAT with different aspect of the dragons look at what he did for the Green Lantern universe and the color specturm?

I would submit Grant Morrison name into the Arena but most of the stuff he writes is pretty trippy so that wouldn't go well with people.

Alan Moore might be good but then we would be on a frigging psychedelic trip by the time we are done playing WoW.

Joss Whedon is too expensive

I would say Mark Waid since he seem to be the old type of writer that you like.

I think Steven Niles would be a great writer for a stand alone forsaken vs Worgen comic series.

Dan Jurgerns might be good for the Draenei since you like the older works.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I would be very, very entertained if Larry David ever wrote even a short story for the Warcraft universe.

I mean this.

This is not a troll.

He could, in the very least, wrap the lore up with more competence than the actual writers. And he would make me smile while doing it.
Reply Quote
I can end this discussion right now.

Hire Timothy Zahn

In fact, hire him to reboot the entire Warcraft franchise

Blizzard will be rolling in the money and everyone will be happy
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Judging from his Works I don't think I would want Timothy Zhan to write anything from WoW universe. He would heavily flavor WoW with the Star Wars universe since that is his bread and butter for so long. And we ALL know how well a Star Wars MMO fares....
Reply Quote
Are you judging, or did you actually read anything he did?

Zahn wrote 5 Star Wars books. Those 5 he wrote were pretty much the best books written in the Star Wars EU, including the Thrawn Trilogy, which pretty much kicked it all off. His books are pretty much held sacred.

Plus, he's just a genuinely good author. He's written other stuff that's not Star Wars related, so he can be trusted to write books in the WoW universe, provided context

As for how well a Star Wars MMO fares, that's debatable, but I'd say they do pretty good. Galaxies was up and popular for years until they closed the door. TOR, while it has its faults, is just as popular, if not more than Galaxies was.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
No. Blizzard should hire me. My amazing colossal ego can stand up to and defeat Chris Metzen's gargantuan ego.

/thread
Edited by Dallanna on 9/21/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]