MoP 5.4 Elemental Guide: Zap that Orc!

100 Troll Shaman
I'm just so lost because I can only burst up to like ~200k, 230 or 240k if I get the shadopan trink to proc early.

I'm just lost as to why Simcraft is telling me my burst is 285k.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What setting are you talking about seeing this burst in.

Depending upon how the beginning of the encounter goes I've seen my burst over the first 20 seconds or so vary from 200-350k or so.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
There has never been a time where I've seen it touch over 250k. I'm just so lost and becoming discouraged because I don't feel like I've been doing anything different but my DPS is just not where it was in 5.1-5.2. I consistently ranked on bosses last tier and even some this tier but lately it's just not happening
Edited by Ingrathis on 4/8/2013 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Skull Banner. Before this past week your raid hasn't had a warrior for a good long while.

WoL has you bursting at 281k in your H Vizeer kill last night, and over 300k in the Blade Lord kill.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Right but on Simcraft I don't have Skull Banner checked off. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
At what point do you start favoring Haste over int for gemming? Im not having severe problems with my dps but I just feel like I can do more with the gear that I have. Im not sure if I am lacking in the haste or Mastery or If its just in my head and I need to get over it,
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
At what point do you start favoring Haste over int for gemming? Im not having severe problems with my dps but I just feel like I can do more with the gear that I have. Im not sure if I am lacking in the haste or Mastery or If its just in my head and I need to get over it,

1) No trinket from Sha of Fear or Shado'pan Assault
2) No legendary meta

I noticed a jump in haste's value after I dropped EoT from Sha, and from what sims have been showing for BiS weights, my best guess is that haste loses more value after the meta. I just got the 4-pc tonight and have yet to sim how it impacts stat weights (depending on how it handles it I expect a negligible boost to haste, no boost to crit, and either no boost or a noticeable bump in the value of mastery.) It's still meh, but it's not a loss outside of very specific circumstances (basically fights that last between 3 and 4 minutes long.)

Depending upon your specific gearing setup Mastery might push ahead of haste after the T15-4pc. It bumped mastery within the margin of error for me.
Edited by Gistwiki on 4/11/2013 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I got the meta today; Mastery sims 2.24 and Haste 2.02
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Interesting. Very interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
just picked up my 4pc tonight as well and sim valued my stats as the following:

int 4.16
crit 1.78
haste 1.89
mast. 2.21
Edited by Totonic on 4/11/2013 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Wondering if the Lei Shen pants would be the non tier BiS because of the !@#$ ton of red sockets and the int bonus....thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Wondering if the Lei Shen pants would be the non tier BiS because of the !@#$ ton of red sockets and the int bonus....thoughts?

Ra'den Chest > Primo Helm > Lei Shen legs I believe it is.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Gist, is there something wrong with SimC 520-7? I just got my 4pc, and when I sim, I get my interval between ascendances to be around 174 seconds, which I don't think is correct.

Is there something wrong with how the 4pc is implemented?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gist, is there something wrong with SimC 520-7? I just got my 4pc, and when I sim, I get my interval between ascendances to be around 174 seconds, which I don't think is correct.

Is there something wrong with how the 4pc is implemented?

Could possibly be a bug with that build specifically. 520-7 is bugging out for me and refuses to complete sims most of the time. I've been using 520-6 which is showing an interval of 114.4s on a 1k iterations sim I just ran through, and simulationcraft.org has a 2500 iterations sim up on 520-8 with an interval of 115.3s on their ele profile.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Could possibly be a bug with that build specifically. 520-7 is bugging out for me and refuses to complete sims most of the time. I've been using 520-6 which is showing an interval of 114.4s on a 1k iterations sim I just ran through, and simulationcraft.org has a 2500 iterations sim up on 520-8 with an interval of 115.3s on their ele profile.

I feel like it's a bug with me... I just tested 520-6 (don't know where to DL 520-8) and I still don't get the right interval. I simmed your profile using 520-6 and I see you getting 114s interval as expected.

Where's the override for the Ele T15 4pc bonus? I somehow just feel like it's not getting applied properly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Near the bottom of the profile on the simulate screen there should be something that looks like this:

# Gear Summary
# gear_strength=80
# gear_agility=80
# gear_stamina=22832
# gear_intellect=16839
# gear_spirit=4246
# gear_spell_power=9439
# gear_hit_rating=508
# gear_crit_rating=2754
# gear_haste_rating=12067
# gear_mastery_rating=7251
# gear_armor=45675
# meta_gem=sinister_primal
# tier15_2pc_caster=1
# tier15_4pc_caster=1

# main_hand=athame_of_the_sanguine_ritual,weapon=dagger_1.80speed_2812min_5224max,enchant=jade_spirit

Underlined the important part
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It looks fine to me but I'm still getting weird intervals. Ugh, could you please sim my profile real quick?

I'm just confused on my stat priorities with 4pc and meta and a haste trinket atm ><
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It looks fine to me but I'm still getting weird intervals. Ugh, could you please sim my profile real quick?

I'm just confused on my stat priorities with 4pc and meta and a haste trinket atm ><

I'm getting the same for you but not for me. If you have a twitter or totemspot account I'd suggest poking Binkenstein. That has me stumped for the time being.

Edit: AHA! I figured it out! There appears to be an interesting discrepancy in the Ascendance line of the troll profile action list

Non-troll profile:
actions+=/ascendance,if=active_enemies>1|(dot.flame_shock.remains>buff.ascendance.duration&(target.time_to_die<20|buff.bloodlust.up|time>=60)&cooldown.lava_burst.remains>0)

Troll profle:
actions+=/ascendance,if=active_enemies>1|(dot.flame_shock.remains>buff.ascendance.duration&(target.time_to_die<20|buff.bloodlust.up|buff.berserking.up)&cooldown.lava_burst.remains>0)

The main difference is in the underlined portion of the line. What it means is that the Troll profile forces you to hold Ascendance until Berserking is active, whereas that isn't the case for the non-troll profile where that "time>=60" essentially tells it to use ascendance when available if at least 60 seconds has passed.

This results in a ~1.5% dps loss in your current gear. Use this line to fix it:

actions+=/ascendance,if=active_enemies>1|(dot.flame_shock.remains>buff.ascendance.duration&(target.time_to_die<20|buff.bloodlust.up|buff.berserking.up|time>=60)&cooldown.lava_burst.remains>0)
Edited by Gistwiki on 4/22/2013 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Hmmm. That seems to have done the trick! Thanks!

Time to play around with the berserking line and see how to use it now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]