MoP 5.4 Elemental Guide: Zap that Orc!

(Sticky)

84 Goblin Shaman
Question!

Of the secondary stats (haste/mastery/crit) is there one stat that is significant for AoE?

I am looking at how crazy chain lightning benefits from Echo of the Elements, so I am guessing Lightning Overload should be similar but even better. My guess is that it looks like mastery is the best for AoE, and I read somewhere that haste is not good for AoE.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
3/4 targets - Crit > Mastery > Haste
5 targets - Mastery >= Crit > Haste
Reply Quote
84 Goblin Shaman
Oh yeah, clearcasting with crit, probably procs a lot with chain.

thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I remember reading somewhere that Chain Lightning has a bad multiplier with fulimation compared to Lightning Bolt. is this just incorrect or is there somewhere where this is backed up?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I remember reading somewhere that Chain Lightning has a bad multiplier with fulimation compared to Lightning Bolt. is this just incorrect or is there somewhere where this is backed up?

Fulmination? No. Mastery? To an extent.

Each jump has 1/3rd of the normal chance to proc mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hey Gist, I see you haven't logged in to Totemspot for a while. There are some guide updates that you may want to copy over.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hey Gist, I see you haven't logged in to Totemspot for a while. There are some guide updates that you may want to copy over.

Yeah. I've been lazy about it T_T

I get out of work early today, so I'll let your post galvanize me into action >.>
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Up and running with all the 5.2 information.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
finally, we're 5.2 buddies
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hi Gist (And any other shammies)

I actually simmed my toon (oikodomeo - thaurissan) and found that for AOE,

Crit > Haste > Mastery was best. I made a longer post on MMO-C, but here were my findings.

HASTE > MASTERY > CRIT [I.e. "standard" Elemental stat prio]
Single Target: 122.6 K
3 Target: 195.7 K
5 Target: 218.9

CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY [This is what Simcraft is telling me I should be using]
Single Target: 121.6 K
3 Target: 205.4K << +10K from standard
5 Target: 230.3K << +12K from standard

CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE
Single Target: 121.2 K
3 Target: 202.5 << +7K from standard
5 Target: 228.1K << +10K from standard

CONCLUSIONS
In my gear, Secondary stats play very little impact in way of Single target. All combinations were virtually equal single target-wise.

For Cleaving(3) and full AOE (5), CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY shows the highest simmed DPS. Whether or not its true in reality, I have not tested much (appears true so far...).

If the above 2 are true, I'd safely reforge CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY for almost no loss in Single Target DPS, but substantial gains in AOE.

*note that I just left Glyph of chain lightning on for my tests. Couldn't really be bothered to unglyph it as I was just trying to see which stat config was the bet
** Used AS/PE talent build. Not sure what happens if I swap to Echo of Elements build.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
** Used AS/PE talent build. Not sure what happens if I swap to Echo of Elements build.

May want to. Not only is echo more or less mandatory for heavy AoE, but it also does a lot more for mastery than it does for crit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Has there been any changes or updates to trinket ranking when coupled with the legendary meta gem? Like has the rankings changed?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Has there been any changes or updates to trinket ranking when coupled with the legendary meta gem? Like has the rankings changed?

Everything was done with the meta in the beginning anyways. The only thing that changed was when Bink went from simming single trinkets to simming combinations of trinkets. It should be BotH > Wush when using the hit > Cha'ye > Unerring Vision > Wush when you can't use the hit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
To those who haven't already, could you visit this: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19aKH4KiGf5rTqYEZyHhyocqCFgbhVTLs916vw0EbqcA/viewform and fill in the form? Accumulating some user feedback on the guide distribution system.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
How does Ele Shaman synergy look with Unerring Vision? Do you gain increased benefits through flame shock crits? I'm looking for relative DPS gains between classes. Love you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
04/28/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Gistwiki

May want to. Not only is echo more or less mandatory for heavy AoE, but it also does a lot more for mastery than it does for crit.

Hey Gist - Thanks for the reply.

Simmed myself with the Echo + EB build. AOE is significantly higher BUT my sims still point to Crit > Haste > Mastery. For 5 target AOE.

According for a couple people on MMO-C, this happens as well. Crit is simmed to be best for cleaving, even over mastery.

I know we've established there's no haste breakpoints for ele - I'm asking if my results for Crit the best AOE stat by far (to the point where my simc says 0.6 Crit : 1 intellect) is correct.

Pardon my confusion.

MMO-C post:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1292029-Elemental-Soft-Haste-cap/page2
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
How does Ele Shaman synergy look with Unerring Vision? Do you gain increased benefits through flame shock crits? I'm looking for relative DPS gains between classes. Love you.

It's the worst of the four raid trinkets for Elemental.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hey guys,

I was wondering about an ideal opener with the new legendary meta. Is it worth procing the haste buff before applying FS for extra ticks/sec and hence more LB? Also, is it worth reapplying FS when it still has plenty time to run when the haste proc occurs and FS had been applied without the extra haste?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I have come to learn the shamanistic ways.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Gistwiki told me he hates you, and that you smell like you have poop clung to your fur all the time.

GET IN CONTACT WITH YOUR CHARMIN BEAR COUSIN AND ASK FOR BETTER TOILET PAPER
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]