5.0.5 - 8% dmg boost to Lightning Bolts

90 Draenei Shaman
It appears even Blizz took pity on us Elementals...

Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by approximately 8%. This also applies to Overload Lightning Bolt and Echo of the Elements Lightning Bolt.

source http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170

most every other class got a nerf! Proof Blizzard regularly overlooks the shaman forum by default...
Edited by Ackbahr on 9/21/2012 12:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
not sure if this change went to lower lv shammies as well. But i've noticed my single target damage has gotten better at lv 55 on my elemental shammy. Or maybe its because the other classes got weaker.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It would be a baseline increase, Derik so you'd see higher damage everywhere.

I'm happy they gave this to us. One thing that bothers me though is that it's always a change to LB's damage when they have to make adjustments.
Reply Quote
I believe its easier to work around filler vs making a nuke stronger. Since lvb has been twicked to have lava surge charges now and our cooldown at 87 i dont see them fixing it anytime soon. But its always nice to see some extra damage given to us.

Also look at the bright side, any movement fight we are required to use the cast on move lb glyth will make us shine even more.
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Warlock
yeah modifying lightning bolt boosts our consistant damage without making us more bursty (which is a very touchy issue, especially for pvp) and keeps ascendance from going 'really good' to 'omfg did that lava-shaped train just hit me' which would consequently get ele nerfed because of pvp... sigh
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
a bit of a strike against elemental blast isnt it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Now that they're doing that they should just make lava burst an auto crit without flame shock so that we only have to rely on it for procs. Lava burst doesn't hit that high either anymore, so I don't see why not.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So, does this affect enhance as well?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/21/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Zhaadow
So, does this affect enhance as well?

Yes, they buffed the actual spell. Obviously aimed at ele though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This seriously has to be the fastest I have seen them respond with a buff to Ele (when needed). Usually they need to "review logs" for about half an expansion first.

Also, I think its funny that nobody at all complains if/when an elemental shaman gets buffed... ever. We might be the only class/spec that is the case for.
Edited by Xvi on 9/21/2012 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Warlock
Also, I think its funny that nobody at all complains if/when an elemental shaman gets buffed... ever. We might be the only class/spec that is the case for.

everyone feels bad for elemental, they have kinda sucked for like ... forever
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As far as I can interpret, this is for lightning bolt, so all 3 classes are affected. This is mostly important for those players who want to level a shaman, but now see the low levels as abysmally horrible dps.

I leveled 1-80 as resto, used rockbiter for a melee swing as it increased dps on mobs, and casted lightning bolt mainly with the lavaburst proc and the standard totems with an occasional heal back in the BC to WotLK. Since then leveling dps has been reduced, and normalized for some magical 90, with leet gear that most wont gear up to (hello cata legendary staff that shammies were balanced against but most didnt get thus most were under blizz's magical dps # ).

I genuinely hope this will make shaman leveling more accomdating. This is a small step in resolving many issues we all agree on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Good for ele :>

*soaks in the delicious MW benefits*
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
09/21/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Tatortotem
Yes, they buffed the actual spell. Obviously aimed at ele though.

Aimed at just Ele? My Enhance DPS wasn't nothing to brag about either. Sorry but I feel Shamans in general needed this buff. Not just the Ele spec ty very much.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/21/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Coriakin
My Enhance DPS wasn't nothing to brag about either. Sorry but I feel Shamans in general needed this buff. Not just the Ele spec ty very much.

I never had any problems with my DPS as Enhance. Full best in slot.

I consider the change a buff mainly for Ele, but one that I will relish in because it just makes my DPS that much more awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/21/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Swagbot
My Enhance DPS wasn't nothing to brag about either. Sorry but I feel Shamans in general needed this buff. Not just the Ele spec ty very much.

I never had any problems with my DPS as Enhance. Full best in slot.

I consider the change a buff mainly for Ele, but one that I will relish in because it just makes my DPS that much more awesome.

Indeed! I are excite

Also Coriakin, consider that our damage is balanced around Ascendance. Only going to get better.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Now they're going to nerf lightning shield :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I suppose I'm happy. Ele was already looking respectable on fights with movement; that just got better.

Of course I still haven't found out how much movement there is in the first tier of raiding for MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I dunno about percentages, but I have heard that it is a heavy movement raid. Hell I only ever ran one 5man while in beta, but I was impressed by the amount of forced movement involved.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
It appears even Blizz took pity on us Elementals...

Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by approximately 8%. This also applies to Overload Lightning Bolt and Echo of the Elements Lightning Bolt.

source http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170

most every other class got a nerf! Proof Blizzard regularly overlooks the shaman forum by default...

WOW a whole 8%??? Really?? I feel so special now. PATHETIC!!! If your lightning bolt hits for 1k it will now hit for 1080?? WHOA thats OP!!! Let me know when lightning bolt hits half as hard as a frostbolt then I might be impressed with the buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]