2H Frost / Unholy PVE Gear List (iL463+)

90 Worgen Death Knight
156~ pieces of gear, from heroic dungeons, raids, quests, rep, brewfest, halloween, Crafting and a few BoEs. All classified from best to worst, per slot.

It took me around 9 hours to put everything together and fit in in a grid nicely, and I'm still adjusting things such as adding WoWhead links to items (which takes forever to manually write down a script command to 156 lines..)

http://tinyurl.com/FrostDKMoPGear

Stat Weights (the "Value" tab) taken from the EJ Guide. (thanks to Requïem-Fenris)
Str = 1
Haste = .597
Crit = .394
Mastery = .334

Hit and Expertise (the Avoidance tab) is just 1:1.

Somethings may be wrong, and most of the BoEs and patterns' sources are unknown. If you are aware of them, let me know.

If you found this useful, bookmark it. It will be updated and changed throughout Mists.

Oh, and if you want to share this, please go ahead. Just give credit where it's due.

Happy raiding fellas.
Edited by Dusteh on 9/30/2012 3:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Amazing. This is exactly what I was missing and is greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Glad I helped. I originally made this for myself after my RL suddenly told me I was going Frost head first into mop (I was blood for cata) I made this in quite a rush, although it turned out pretty good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As with all BiS lists, it's important to note that a piece of gear might not be an upgrade for you depending on the rest of your gear, specifically in regards to hit and expertise.

This is a really good information source, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This is indeed mainly an information source, it's not made to tell you what you should use depending on x gear you have on that y slot. You should be able to use your own judgement to determine what piece is better than the other in your case.

And a quick FYI about the 'Total' tab
I wanted to make a list similar to one I was using for my rogue: http://www.shadowpanther.net/weapons-pve.htm#Daggers
but I'm not exactly sure how to weigh the stats correctly to make it an accurate Attack Power scale ( in the link above the MAEP column stands for Maximum Agility Equivalence points, I wanted to recreate something like that.) If I ever come around to knowing the appropriate formula to calculate this, I will then morph the list oriented towards that and include notes to mention gear upgrades, like you said.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Very good work. Thank You!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You're Very Welcome!
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
That happens to be a very nice thread you have here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
thanks you very much for this
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Thanks for this!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
My pleasure.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
Is there a way to change something so it works for DW?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
for DW you'd have to make another list with these stat weights:
Strength = 1
Haste =.443
Mastery =.462
Crit = .334
Edited by Dusteh on 9/30/2012 3:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
And a quick FYI about the 'Total' tab
I wanted to make a list similar to one I was using for my rogue: http://www.shadowpanther.net/weapons-pve.htm#Daggers
but I'm not exactly sure how to weigh the stats correctly to make it an accurate Attack Power scale ( in the link above the MAEP column stands for Maximum Agility Equivalence points, I wanted to recreate something like that.) If I ever come around to knowing the appropriate formula to calculate this, I will then morph the list oriented towards that and include notes to mention gear upgrades, like you said.

You would need to find stat weights for every stat to be able to do something like that. Once you have the stat weights, writing a formula is simple. According to EJ, the stat weights for 2h Frost are:

Str = 1
Yellow hit = .674
Expertise = .674
Haste = .597
Crit = .394
Mastery = .334

Now you have 2 options. You can assume that even a window-licking DK will get to 7.5% hit and expertise, and ignore them in your gear weighting. This is the easy thing to do. If you want to try and account for getting to the hit and expertise caps, the formula is harder. The easy formula would look something like this:

=SUM(E5+(F5*.597)+(G5*.394)+(H5*.334))

Make a new column and copy that into every cell and it will automatically change the 5s to the proper number for each row.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Once again all the BiS 2H weapons for each "bracket" are god damned AXES...

I really wanna find the moron at blizz who keeps making axes the best weapons and embed an axe in their skull.

That aside, great list! Been looking for such a thing for a while, thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Thanks a bunch for this. Very helpful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]