Odd Forum Issue: WoW vs D3

- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
09/22/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Alvraen
I would quit anything pertaining to Blizzard immediately... but this isn't my soapbox.

Having rational, fairly well tempered people recognized for their ability to not blow up all the time as moderators would cause you to quit a game? You disappoint me Alvie.

Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I would quit anything pertaining to Blizzard immediately... but this isn't my soapbox.

Having rational, fairly well tempered people recognized for their ability to not blow up all the time as moderators would cause you to quit a game? You disappoint me Alvie.
I don't know how long you've been posting in other areas than Mac Tech, but there is a world of reasons why this is a horrible idea - and I know other greens and other people who share my ideals.. If you wish to pursue further dialogue regarding my stance, feel free to contact me via posting character name at gmail.
Edited by Alvraen on 9/22/2012 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Gnome Warlock
D3 has no Customer Support forums so folks end up putting all the questions on the Tech Support forums. Blues sometimes answer, but it is mostly left to customers. To the point where blues use my copy pastas now, which I am perfectly happy to share. Also, since D3 release there are NO blue posts on weekends. It is not like WoW so please do not assume. Without me there on weekends they get no answers at all, even to the easy questions!

Edit - On topic I just want this fixed. Seems Beta access is ruled out as a factor in it.
Edited by Tirla on 9/22/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do not play WoW, and did not participate in any beta or PTR. Still isn't working.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Gnome Warlock
Still not working as of Sunday morning. We have been unable to properly log in to the D3 forums since Friday night.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
09/23/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Tirla
Still not working as of Sunday morning. We have been unable to properly log in to the D3 forums since Friday night.

I can almost guarantee the moment the PTR authentication server is brought up, we'll be able to login again. And I bet we lose login capability again when they take it down. :(

Reply Quote
84 Tauren Paladin
I'm also going to state that I, too, am having the exact same issue, and there seems to be no fix for it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/23/2012 04:46 AMPosted by Tiapriestess

I can almost guarantee the moment the PTR authentication server is brought up, we'll be able to login again. And I bet we lose login capability again when they take it down. :(

Yes. I suspect that the issue does have something to do with the PTR authentication servers since the beta theory was disproved. I am now wondering if everyone with the forum issues also would have had the immediate dc from the PTR server issue.

I know not everyone with the issue has tried logging into the PTR while it was up. I would like to know if of the people who did try the PTR and are in the forum locked group if any of you were able to successfully get on the PTR? For the person who did not participate in beta but is locked do you know whether or not your account was flagged for beta access at any point?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Gnome Warlock
So it seems to be PTR related even if we never had anything to do with it. Please fix! I do not want to be down on the forums every time the PTR is down.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Tirla, your avatar looks like a SD version of Azonia of the Zentraedi from Robotech. :)

Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Gnome Warlock
She is in cobbled together goods in the days after hitting 85! Which was....last week. My main is a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Still not fixed. What's up with the Diablo 3 forums?

Is it related to people with WoW accounts?

Edit: Been a few days now, I like to post on the Diablo 3 forums, and not being able to do so feels like a basic feature is being taken away from me.
Edited by Goldbrand on 9/24/2012 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Well, I can safely say it isn't triggered by the presence of a mobile authenticator, since I removed mine and still couldn't post (thankfully I was able to restore the authenticator with little fuss afterward).

Since it started the moment the PTR authentication server went offline, it's a fairly safe bet that when it comes back up, so too does our posting ability.

I just hope they fix this before the PTR servers go down again in the future, because having forum posting ability tied to a PTR account that is about as stable as Charlie Sheen doesn't exactly instill confidence in the system. :P

Reply Quote
80 Worgen Warrior
I contacted support on the issue, and they gave me an e-mail address. Sent them an e-mail, and we'll see if they reply with anything of note.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
I'm not holding my breath on a timely response (or even a halfway coherent response) due to the fact everybody's spread so thin with MoP happening at midnight.

Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Gnome Warlock
Quite frustrating. I can't help anyone when I can't post :( Sure, MoP will distract me when I am home but forums help make the work day go by faster.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wish that we could at least switch from the diablo III profile to our WOW or other blizzard game profile when issues like this happen so we could still post over there. I may not be an MVP but I like to answer questions when I am looking at the forums and see something I can help with.
Edited by Vasala on 9/24/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
It doesn't matter what profile you use. It's the account that's unable to login. My default profile over there is Tiapriestess, same as here.

Reply Quote
1 Goblin Mage
Add me to the list of people with this same issue...

It seems to have happened after I opted into the D3 PTR, (which is downloading right now). But that's just speculation because I haven't bothered logging in to the forums for a while so I dunno. I do know that both my WoW and D3 accounts are active, and I can only log into the WoW forums. My battletag doesn't appear as an option when I'm on either site, and there is an error message near the account log in / log out box when I switch from WoW's community site to the D3 community site.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Question: do any of you guys have SC2 accounts?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]