where was thrall?

90 Orc Warrior
where was thrall during the raid of icecrown citadel?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/22/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Nerfmebro
where was thrall during the raid of icecrown citadel?

He was with Varian Wrynn.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
After attending the meeting in Dalaran and the Argent Tournament, Thrall returned to Durotar.

He left Garrosh Hellscream and Varok Saurfang to oversee the Horde's interests in Northrend.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
And before the question of "why" comes up, the natural desasters leading up the the Cataclysm started well before the Northrend campaigns ended. Thrall probably returned to deal with environmental issues in Horde lands.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Good thing he wasn't there. He would have cleared the raid with his super shamanistic powers of death before we even entered the raid. Can you imagine?

Player: Ok so we need to do that on the first boss. Does every body understand the strat?
Thrall: No need friend! The Lich King is dead.
Player: Thrall! But what are you doing here?
Thrall: I saved the world! Now excuse me, but I gotta go save the world from another threat. Sylvanas, hold this Helm of Dominance for me please. Take care guys.
Edited by Cobble on 9/22/2012 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/22/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
He was with Varian Wrynn.

Varian was inside Icecrown Citadel during the raid (along with Jaina, Muradin, Garrosh, Varok, Sylvanas, Darion, Tirion and an assortment of other friendly but unimportant characters). Thrall wasn't there.

09/22/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Caeledor
And before the question of "why" comes up, the natural desasters leading up the the Cataclysm started well before the Northrend campaigns ended. Thrall probably returned to deal with environmental issues in Horde lands.

Thrall had no reason to be there. He wasn't going to fight Arthas directly (since the Horde couldn't afford to lose him) and he wasn't about to dishonor Garrosh by pulling the commander role out from under him.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

[quote="66779073714"]And before the question of "why" comes up, the natural desasters leading up the the Cataclysm started well before the Northrend campaigns ended. Thrall probably returned to deal with environmental issues in Horde lands.

Thrall had no reason to be there. He wasn't going to fight Arthas directly (since the Horde couldn't afford to lose him) and he wasn't about to dishonor Garrosh by pulling the commander role out from under him.

Which doesn't actually invalidate the fact, but further reinforces the fact that Thrall was being a good leader. He didn't need to oversee Northrend, because he had put (at least one) competant commander in charge, which allowed him to deal with domestic issues.
Reply Quote
At least Varian had the balls to go himself.

Thrall pussed out.
Reply Quote
Wowee wow wow.

This may explain it: (please excuse the terrible music, just mute it:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3KCI41jnIo
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
At least Varian had the balls to go himself.

Thrall pussed out.

To be fair Varian and the Alliance were more tied to Arthas than Thrall and the Horde were. Except the Blood elves and Forsaken, both ex-Alliance races.
Edited by Sgtcrispy on 9/22/2012 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Varian was inside Icecrown Citadel during the raid (along with Jaina, Muradin, Garrosh, Varok, Sylvanas, Darion, Tirion and an assortment of other friendly but unimportant characters). Thrall wasn't there.
So I've got a bit of a question here: If all these people were here why didn't they help at all with the fight against the Scourge? Besides Muradin and Varok it just seems like they sat back and watched. It would have been nice to I don't know have Sylvanas help us defeat Lord Marrowgar or something. It just kind of seems stupid for them to watch us die against Arthas and then just wait for us to bring them back their possessions.
Edited by Vynathlon on 9/22/2012 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
So I've got a bit of a question here: If all these people were here why didn't they help at all with the fight against the Scourge? Besides Muradin and Varok it just seems like they sat back and watched. It would have been nice to I don't know have Sylvanas help us defeat Lord Marrowgar or something. It just kind of seems stupid for them to watch us die against Arthas and then just wait for us to bring them back their possessions.

Yeah, It should have had more involvement, at least in a buff sense.

Icecube Tirion was dumb as well.
Edited by Chorrol on 9/22/2012 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Player: Ok so we need to do that on the first boss. Does every body understand the strat?
Thrall: I saved the world! Now excuse me, but I gotta go save the world from another threat. Sylvanas, hold this Helm of Dominance for me please. Take care guys.

The Lich King would of roflstomped Thrall.

But I did get a chuckle out of your scenario.
Edited by Môko on 9/22/2012 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req

The Lich King would of roflstomped Thrall.
That's true, Thrall didn't get his sueish powers until after the Lich King died, so he would have just been a powerful warrior with magic powers, much like Tirion was during the fight.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin

ROFL! That would totally happen too. aaaaaaaaah.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
09/22/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Vynathlon

In a rather futile attempt to rationalise their lack of involvement, i'll point out that you are attacking an enemy citadel. We know there is ongoing fighting throughout Icecrown citadel, we see it on the ramparts (both between the Horde and Alliance, and both against the Scourge). All the above are likely side tracked holding off the Scourge reinforcements and giving us time to confront Arthas.
Reply Quote
Good thing he wasn't there. He would have cleared the raid with his super shamanistic powers of death before we even entered the raid. Can you imagine?

My day is now made
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The basic lore behind that is that Thrall had much difficulty leaving Orgrimmar because of the instability of the new Horde. As the original Hidden Enemies quest line showed, he was waging a shadow war with the shadow council.

It's also the reason he had such trouble leaving for Orgrimmar when he first heard of the Mag'har.

Furthermore, Thrall didn't actually want to go to war in Northrend. Garrosh did. So he sent him in his stead, and only showed up for the Argent Tournament and the meeting in Dalaran.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
what drailen said...........granted i think that tirion shouldnt of been icecubed and sylvanas should of been there, she probably wanted him dead more than anyone. Heck even jaina should of been in the fight

Heck tirion and sylvanas could of atleast held off some undead hordes and occasionally helped us and buffed us.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/23/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Caeledor

In a rather futile attempt to rationalise their lack of involvement, i'll point out that you are attacking an enemy citadel. We know there is ongoing fighting throughout Icecrown citadel, we see it on the ramparts (both between the Horde and Alliance, and both against the Scourge). All the above are likely side tracked holding off the Scourge reinforcements and giving us time to confront Arthas.
It would have been nice to be able to work alongside them against the Scourge then, not just avoiding them altogether and heading off to our deaths instead. Also with so many powerful lore characters in one place wouldn't it have made sense for them to join us in the fight against Arthas or perhaps bring the gunship into the fight or something?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]