Do you cry over RP?

100 Human Warlock
I've never cried; come close once or twice during an exceptionally emotionally taxing scene I had to write out.

I have, however, shed a few tears when writing pieces of my own short story/novella. Usually the glorious last stand at the end.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
I have a few times, but it was only when some really epic roleplay came to an end.

I cried at the end of the Hieronymus/Jadagar arc.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Vesp, your cat is beautiful :).

I can safely say that I have loved my pets far more than I have loved some humans.

Part of that, of course, is that people generally care more about things that depend on them. Then there's also the thing where animals generally aren't scumbags whereas people can often be everything but decent.

This is how I feel too. There are many times I prefer the company of my dogs over people, sometimes even family. It's something that really can't be explained to someone who has never experienced it.

One of my favorite dog quotes really says it well:

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever — in case I need him. And I expect I will — as I always have. He is just my dog.

---Gene Hill
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I have a few times.

I don't really want to go into detail about it, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Why is it a crappy pic. :( I like your cat. Although he looks less than happy.

That actually is his happy face, hah. He's not as miserable as he looks, I promise!

http://i.imgur.com/o1RG5.png

About sixteen years old and still going strong!
Edited by Aurinaka on 9/24/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Not RP, but books and movies category here as well.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
http://i.imgur.com/vJpVd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zI4su.jpg

My cat says hi.

Crappy pic, but it's the only one I've ever been able to take where he actually looks at the bloody lens.

Awww. He doesn't look too thrilled there!

I know this is all OT, but I'm such a sucker for pets. I love seeing and hearing about them.

This is the tribute I made for my golden the day after I lost him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyGDiOIIex0
Edited by Kesi on 9/24/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
there is no way i'll be able to watch that while i have work to do, is there? :(
Edited by Lito on 9/24/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No. I've not met a single RPer good enough to make me even a little sad.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I have before. Not revealing why/when, though. <.>

I remember when. It was a certain ERP. ;)

Answering the question, yes, sometimes. Not often... at all. One that I remember is crying over writing Systar's origin story. That was terribly difficult to write.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Ferenold was her Teacher! Why do all professor/student relationships in WoW need to have naughty implications? QQ
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior

Ferenold was her Teacher! Why do all professor/student relationships in WoW need to have naughty implications? QQ

because moon guard. because hawt.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
Yes
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Brutunk
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/03/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Rucifel

Hexon. Just hearing his character's backstory made me feel sad, Ruci.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
yes.
Reply Quote
No.

I'm a manly woman.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Nope, never.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I cried when We did emily's funeral
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]