Why the whining about mages....

90 Goblin Priest
How are yall encountering so many solo fights in BGs? I very rarely go 1on1 with someone in a BG. Even if it starts 1on1 its not long before 5 of their friends show up.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Also
09/24/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Grudgewick
spriests hit just as hard,

The highest I've crit someone is what? 44k on a low geared player? Mages (fire particularly) can hit me for much more WITHOUT the setup Spriests need to cast DP.

and can heal to full in 3 seconds?

Maybe if you didn't open with a silence you wouldn't have this problem. DKs, Mages, Warlocks, it's all the same. If you open with a silence on a GOOD spriest, you've already lost.

better defensive cooldowns

http://www.myfacewhen.net/view/4360-fp
Edited by Syelfridge on 9/24/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/24/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Novâ
They are both annoying to solo unless you have an offensive dispel.
Because, you know, battlegrounds are balanced around solo play and all...

Like, you know, no Paladin or Death Knight has ever thrown up an invulnerability shield...

Having a Shadow Priest that can bring them down is fun.

I think people need to stop whining for nerfs until the 90 bracket is out. There's never going to be perfect balance in the lower brackets.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I heard untuned level 90 abilities at level 85 are relevant.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You guys have no idea what you're talking about unless you have played 3s on beta. Shadow priests do not EVER go down, they are the sub rogues of MOP unless they get nerffed, only with 2x more survivability.

Get priest to 30% -> fade and heal to full

Get priest to 30% -> dispersion and healer heals him to full

Get priest to 305 - > spectral guise and healer heals him to full.

Seriously its the most retarded thing I've ever seen in this game. Maybe you spriests will argue you need these defensive CDs in BGs and 1v1 but it does not justify being invincible in arenas
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
spriests are as bad as mages, if not worse, but they're both absolutely ridiculous atm.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
You guys have no idea what you're talking about unless you have played 3s on beta. Shadow priests do not EVER go down, they are the sub rogues of MOP unless they get nerffed, only with 2x more survivability.

Get priest to 30% -> fade and heal to full

Get priest to 30% -> dispersion and healer heals him to full

Get priest to 305 - > spectral guise and healer heals him to full.

Seriously its the most retarded thing I've ever seen in this game. Maybe you spriests will argue you need these defensive CDs in BGs and 1v1 but it does not justify being invincible in arenas

And i guess the healer is just sitting there untouched throughout the entire arena.

Cool story.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Lets put it this way, if priests are overpowered at 90, they will get a quick nerf, mages cant be nerfed because the reason they are overpowered is because of the control they possess. A good mage can control and kill 3+ people at a time almost constantly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Mages complaining about shad-
Wait, Mages complaining period...?

Are you seriously trying to say mages are better that shadow priests at the moment? Do you actually have a clue what a spriest is capable of? lol... We have damage and dispellable cc, that is about it. A good spriest will ensure not one frost bomb or frost bolt shatters or allow us to have any shields, cooldowns and buffs then disperse our burst and heal back up after we interrupt their shadow spells. GG.

09/24/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Repriesent
Lets put it this way, if priests are overpowered at 90, they will get a quick nerf, mages cant be nerfed because the reason they are overpowered is because of the control they possess. A good mage can control and kill 3+ people at a time almost constantly.

... and a good priest will make sure that mage has little control over anything at all including himself.

spriests don't have so many silences and don't have spell steal

but i agree both are disgusting

What do you mean? we both only have one silence, the frostjaw talent seems useless most of the time and I have yet to see it used effectively. To CC someone, polymorph is superior.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/24/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Abracadaver
Are you seriously trying to say mages are better that shadow priests at the moment?

Some better questions would be, when haven't mages been the best overall in pvp, or when haven't mages had the highest dps, or when haven't mages had the most utility of any sole dps class in the game? The answers are obvious.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Maybe they should just not have any rating the first few months, regardless of any class being OP or not, the whole season is going to be ruined in the first few weeks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/24/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Chuckkbass
mages have 3 silences
Improved counterspell now counts as three silences.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
I have been shredded by Spriests. Not that I am complaining about them. I don't see them very often, but they do hurt. I don't think they are ridiculous at the moment, though....
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Rogue
The spriest burst is at least bearable, mage is not, thats why.

To quote another mage..

"You should see what happens to people in the new shatter rotation. Frost bomb---deep freeze---frost bolt (60k) frost bolt (60k) ice lance (50k) Frost bomb explosion (60k) frost fire bolt (70k)

All these numbers are approximate, but generally they are that high. And all that takes about 4 seconds to do to someone. IF you somehow survive it, I'll just nova you with my pet and then take another 100k or so off you with a frost bolt/ice lance immediately after."

---

Wonder how this is gonna look like at level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
lol not to mention at 90 with druids skill mages get healing touch lol. this is why this is true lol --------> http://huntsmanslodge.com/wp-content/forum-image-uploads/iartisan/BuffNerf.jpg <------
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The spriest burst is at least bearable, mage is not, thats why.

To quote another mage..

"You should see what happens to people in the new shatter rotation. Frost bomb---deep freeze---frost bolt (60k) frost bolt (60k) ice lance (50k) Frost bomb explosion (60k) frost fire bolt (70k)

All these numbers are approximate, but generally they are that high. And all that takes about 4 seconds to do to someone. IF you somehow survive it, I'll just nova you with my pet and then take another 100k or so off you with a frost bolt/ice lance immediately after."

---

Wonder how this is gonna look like at level 90.

Those numbers are obviously not on players and effected by resilience..

09/24/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Skwish
mages have 3 silences
Improved counterspell now counts as three silences.

How does 1 spell suddenly become 2? It has a built in 4 second silence into the interrupt.. it's always been that way with talents nothing new here...
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
3 Silences?

Apart from Improved Counterspell and Frostjaw, I wanna know what the third spell is so I can put that one in my hotbar as well.

The only Mages that would have three silences would be the Blood Elves with their Racial Silence.

And as stated above we are not often the best. However, we can put up a fight. We have damage and survivability, but even that can be thwarted. All clothies are not made to die easily. Might as well get use to that fact. Our high DPS and skills have to make up for something do they not? :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]