Why the whining about mages....

90 Human Mage
09/24/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Repriesent
A good mage can control and kill 3+ people at a time almost constantly.

3+ terrible people... maybe

but still, your exaggeration is detracting from the impact of your qq
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
mages complaining? really??
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
It is about time Shadow Priests were brought up from their pitiful state in cataclysm.

Step aside Mages, you now have to SHARE your pedestal as the kings of pvp. Notice how I said the word SHARE.

I don't think you people realize how gutted shadow priests were in cata. They lost friendly dispel with no compensation, their heals were nerfed in power and mana cost through the roof, they had no self peels so melee sat on them and ATE them, they had one burst cooldown, terrible mobility, and nerfed dots.

Sorry, but Shadow needed a buff. They were a very weak class that needed to be babysat 100% of the time to do anything. Uninterrupted shadow priest casting wasn't even that great when you could have an arcane mage/boomkin doing the same thing.
Edited by Lureilyia on 9/25/2012 1:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Noneckloki
Because, you know, battlegrounds are balanced around solo play and all...
Never said they were.

09/24/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Noneckloki
Like, you know, no Paladin or Death Knight has ever thrown up an invulnerability shield...
Never.

I think people need to stop whining for nerfs until the 90 bracket is out. There's never going to be perfect balance in the lower brackets.
People keep saying this but its not balanced at 90 either lol.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
IMO.. Mages Locks and Spriests pretty much account for 35-40% of everyone that is playing right now, it isnt a single FOTM class its "these three classes are FOTM" They all need a nerf. These three are far and beyond better than all the other classes.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Mage
09/24/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Schimmer
both are disgusting
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/24/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Abracadaver
What do you mean? we both only have one silence, the frostjaw talent seems useless most of the time and I have yet to see it used effectively.

Would like to give you some advice on the frostjaw utility.

1st.Spec into it
2nd.Glyph Deep Freeze.
3rd.Make a macro: /cast Deep Freeze
/cast Pyroblast
4th.In combat: Cast frostjaw,use your macro,cast inferno blast,cast insta Pyroblast!,combustion,cast insta Pyroblast! =dead.
Now all of this assuming they don't bubble or trinket,this kind of strategy works against anyone most of the time.
Oh and if you are doing this to a healer,make sure they are silenced after they are out of Deep.
I have tested this today and in bgs and i can tell you right now....BEST THING EVEEEEEEEER!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/24/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Syelfridge
The highest I've crit someone is what? 44k on a low geared player? Mages (fire particularly) can hit me for much more WITHOUT the setup Spriests need to cast DP.

Got crit for 80k today from mind blast and i have 60% resil.
Don't even want to talk about their insane bubble.(for shadow)

And it's very fun when you are gettting smited to death. (for disc)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/26/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Caminar

And I also like your guild name <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/24/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Grudgewick
When spriests hit just as hard, have better defensive cooldowns, and can heal to full in 3 seconds?

i believe shadow priests are a scaling issue and wont be so bad geared at 90. The mage issue is more a problem with their vast tool-set, mega CC, short cds, control etc
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
i believe shadow priests are a scaling issue and wont be so bad geared at 90. The mage issue is more a problem with their vast tool-set, mega CC, short cds, control etc

K,what CCs?
frostjaw+ deep freeze and polymorph,though if you r getting pollied as a druid,ur bad.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
09/25/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Iwamoto
mages complaining? really??
Why does this make me laugh everytime a Druid says it?

K,what CCs?
frostjaw+ deep freeze and polymorph,though if you r getting pollied as a druid,ur bad.
^This. Any decent to good Druid would know that to escape some of these issues, all you have to do is change forms.
Edited by Lewkeiyu on 9/26/2012 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
09/24/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Grudgewick
When spriests hit just as hard, have better defensive cooldowns, and can heal to full in 3 seconds?

Bad warlock is bad.

BTW, mages can spellsteal spriest heals and bubble. L2P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Bad warlock is bad.

BTW, mages can spellsteal spriest heals and bubble. L2P

Btw priests can dispell mages bubble....uhhh....yeah....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]