WoW Remote Chat- WONT STOP LOGGING ME IN

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I've gone over several of the other multiple forum posts of people describing this sort of problem and have tried a lot of these so called fixes, logging back into the application re-downloading application, etc. But the application keeps logging me on the game, no matter how many times I log back in and log it out.

I finally got frustrated and logged into the application one more time earlier today to try one more time and logged out of it, low and behold it actually logged me out of the game for the first time in weeks. I go to the fridge come back and look at my wife's computer whom has the guild page up and I'm logged back into the application even thou I just logged out of it and removed it from my cell phone.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating I am my guilds raid leader, and I'm responsible for the raid if someone can't make it they whisper me and let me know, but they can never actually know if there whispers are going through to me or to this applications "Ghost Mungzta". I sound like such an idiot if someone misses raid, "Yeah I'm gonna have to bench you, you didn't say anything to anyone about not showing up the other night..." "Ugh yeah I did you were signed into remote chat and I sent you about 5 messages saying I was going to be late.." I need this remote chat crap removed from my account or I need a FIX asap before the new raiding tier starts up.

UPDATE: After reading a few more posts I logged in on my phone, was going to sign into mobile guild chat to try to sign off manually from that for a reset. I keep receiving Chat Connection Error: Unable to establish connection to the server, 10 attempts, not working.
Edited by Mungzta on 9/24/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
You should try the tech support forum. Also, use the enter key every once in a while, it'll make your post easier to read.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Same thing happening to me. A GM told me to remove my cache and wtf folders to see if that helps, but with MoP hours away from launch, theres no way im re-setting up my binds/macros/action bars again. Just going to live with it ha!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You
should
try
not
trolling
other
peoples
in
a
while
it
will
make
you
not
look
a
jerk.

God forbid someone be new to forums or there posting standards.
Edited by Mungzta on 9/24/2012 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
This is something we are aware of and are looking into right now. This has to do with a change on the server, so we're seeing if we can address it at that level without requiring a client update.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Hopefully this will be looked into soon. This is a big distraction!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I would like to add my voice to this because I'm having the same issue. I've logged out of remote chat on my phone, and two seconds later I'm logged back in. It's a huge distraction and no one knows if I'm logged into the game, or at my phone to receive messages. I've even tried logging out and removing the application from my phone while logged out. It logs me back in somehow.

Hopefully it can be resolved soon and thanks in advance for fixing it!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
pN
This bug is pretty darn annoying. It has had me logged in for a week, you logout of the app and 30 seconds later you find yourself logged back in on the guild list.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This is still a problem. It still does it for me...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes, still a problem as of Jan 13, 2013.

It's getting to be extremely annoying. I've had many "missed" tells. And it's not like it's leaving me in constantly...it's on and off, on and off, on and off.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Have you tried logging out of Guild Chat with the Online/Offline button? If you don't do this, it will keep you in an Away state.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not a problem of keeping me online in an away state. It's a problem of me being offline, online (Green speaker) or online and away (Yellow speaker).

Sometimes, when I am logged into the game, with NO SPEAKER, the speaker just appears. And i'm in the middle of dailies or farming or heroics or something.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I gquit today to HOPEFULLY solve this issue. The problem is with GUILD CHAT, so my reasoning is that if I'm not a part of a guild, it can't log me into guild chat. Sad that I have to leave a guild because Blizz can't even listen and address my problem, much less attempt to find a solution.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7416066985#11
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]