Is SW:I better than FDCL since patch?

90 Gnome Death Knight
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone's been using SW:I and seeing if it does better than FDCL since the update to damage(or was it just a tooltip change?).

I actually found for fights like Spine or Rags, Mindbender worked really well because there's intervals where you need massive dps and parts where you don't dps much at all. (prolly fights like Hagara, too)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Fairly positive SW:I is still garbage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/24/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Nixxe

My old friend came back and we dueled a bit just messing around and testing abilities... he is in vicious gear and not 1 piece of ruthless let alone cata... im fully decked out and +50 pvp power gems.. the works.

My SW:I hit him for just over 40k but not quite 41k constantly... so i have to wait for my SW:P to tick on him and literately 1 millisecond before it fell off i pop SW:I and i see 40k... that's trash... by MB hits harder lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I've been using SW;I over the other already, actually. I tried out both when they made the changes, and came up with nearly the same numbers. I just feel more comfortable with it. I was already watching how long I have left on my DoTs. I tried it with FDCL, and I felt like a mage, chasing around procs constantly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like FDCL more because I don't have to use it at a very specific time, meaning I don't have to recast VT too early, wait to cast DP for 2 GCDs or wait to cast MB for 2 GCDs so I can SW:I and recast SW:P before doing those.
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Death Knight
You will need to use FDCL in arena, because people dispel your DoTs. You might be able to get away with SW:I in BGs but the procs you'd get from spreading dots would be better than spreading little bits of burst around here and there, you could use all of the procs on one target to put the hurt on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/24/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Nixxe

Don't know what the hell your talking about. SW:I hits like a truck, Ive seen it hit for nearly 70k in pvp, against a full cata target (or nearly) at that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/25/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Därkdisciple
Don't know what the hell your talking about. SW:I hits like a truck, Ive seen it hit for nearly 70k in pvp, against a full cata target (or nearly) at that.

I was talking about PVE, but if that's all it hits for, I'd definitely take FDCL over it anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/25/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Nixxe
I was talking about PVE, but if that's all it hits for, I'd definitely take FDCL over it anyways.

It crits over 100k in pve.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Därkdisciple

Once every 18 seconds. It's trash.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/04/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Därkdisciple

If you're basing DPS off of top end damage, you're doing it wrong. Not to mention that FDCL MS can crit for around that too, doesn't cost you a tick of SW:P, and can typically be cast more than once every 18 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
If SW:I generated did anything about generating Shadow Orbs I would probably at least consider it... but it doesn't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I've gotten around to falling in love with FDCL with Mind Spike glyph. The only thing I don't like is the activation of Divine Insight and MB being on cooldown...I assume this has something to do with the glyph, as I didn't see it before.

Either way, I won't be taking SW:I unless they make it do something else than way less damage than FDCL, like maybe spawn puppies, bunnies and one single grizzly to destroy my target.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Let's take a cue from Herald Volaszj in Old Kingdom, who actually had a good Insanity spell.

SW:I should cause your PvP target to be knocked into a different phase and hallucinate all their allies as shadow images attacking them.

There. Now it's fun!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
No CD, right?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Just tested it out of curiousity.....and, it does hit harder, then mind blast, mind spike, shadow word of death, anything really, even JUST tested compared to devour, it hit a tad bit harder then a full charged devour.

To be honest, being able to cast it less often then the insta spikes.....very well may be worth the higher controlled burst....being able to full devour, insanity, shadow word of death X2 on someone is a pretty substantial amount of damage.

(I have 25.13% pvp power).
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Give Priests an AoE SW:P and let us activate all the insanity's at the same time. Would make it awesome choice for PvP like a Spriest combustion.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Still can't decide.....we are also losing the 15% chance of a free/instant flash heal as well when going this route....it does feel like insanity needs a little bit extra....either give a shadow orb, or maybe a passive crit chance increase for it, maybe a small mini fear on crit, something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
IDK Just did a few arena matches in 3s... None of my SW:P stuck long enough to even do damage let alone get an Insanity Proc...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/06/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Kardona
None of my SW:P stuck long enough to even do damage let alone get an Insanity Proc...

Also I've noticed this with FDCL, too. Getting VT up on a target at all is pita, it staying up it's full duration is like a miracle. I realize this will be less of an issue with 4 piece, but until then it seems very tedious to keep up.

I was playing around with SW:I a bit today and it does hit rather hard but is awkward to use and is only usable in shadow form, so if you have to flash heal during the time you need to be using insanity you are sol. That leaves Mindbender, which against anyone with half a brain will be cc'd.

That whole tier of talents just seems not so amazing atm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]