My Impression of KJ (repost from openkj)

85 Worgen Death Knight
I rerolled on this server a couple of months back and have been very impressed by the activity both in game and on the forums. I play the game as an escape for a few hours and logging in and seeing an active wpvp community and guild where there are constantly groups running motivates me to play.

That said there is also an element that pushes me away to play on another server... the immaturity in the forums.

Geez people why don't you grow up and start playing the game for what it's meant for... to have fun? Go kill some horde/ally/dragons, farm gold, dance naked on a mailbox, level new toons, etc. and steer clear of the negativity. If it tries to suck you in just turn around and leave.

My 4 boys (7 and under) are more mature than some of you.

------------------------------
(Follow up)
There is a difference between rogue players trying to stir things up and leaders of large/successful guilds participating in and, in some cases, leading discussions.

I came from the KT server and there was an ongoing war between 2 of the more successful 25-person raiding guilds. They would hit the forums with all sorts of drama and craziness. Eventually their leadership realized how dumb they looked and stopped it.

Look at HiJ... I don't see them stoking the fire with silly posts on the forums.
Reply Quote
Great post, Xave.

You bring up a good example with HiJ.

Another great example would be SWBRB. We hardly ever post on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Another great example would be SWBRB. We hardly ever post on the forums.

Requiem doesn't either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I does nut c nu negativity, thur is so much luv around hur.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I truly wish you had a more mature and level headed community to play with.

Unfortunately, this is World of Warcraft and not too many people fit this description. KJ is an enormous server with even larger egos flying around. I admit that I am guilty of being immature at times, but I do know when it's appropriate to treat this like a game.

HiJ have their fun elsewhere, trust me. At the same time, they are upstanding members of the community, although quiet.

There is no escaping it, no matter where you go on the internet. With large communities, there will always be issues.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Cute.
Edited by Earthroot on 9/21/2012 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/21/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Earthroot
When some of the leaders of some of the said guilds are the ones participating and starting the drama is no wonder the cycle never ends.
The cycle never ends because this is the internet and this is what anonymity on the internet breeds. It has NOTHING to do with whether or not people who happen to lead guilds do or don't do the drama.

It then becomes a question of why people in those guilds allow themselves to be lead by immature and childish leadership or more so why they continue to subject themselves to that kind of environment and negativity. Personal attacks or attacks on guilds seem to be very childish things to do and I can only hope (but I doubt) that people will realize how immature it is and stop.
It won't stop because see above. And the reason people don't care if their guild leaders do it is because they know that this is what 95% of the wow forums has on it. KJ is not unique. And this pettiness you see now... This isn't even half of what it used to be like, except today there's more entitlement syndrome.

In some of the cases its obvious why a player is in those guilds-The player him or herself is a immature person whom enjoys that environment and the drama and attention they can get by acting childish online because no one wants to be their friend in real life.
I love how you call for people to be mature, and stop personal attacks. And then you make a personal attack.

o.O

I also don't understand this obsession with "why doesn't everyone think like me" about these guilds that people are in. Don't like a guild? Then don't join it. But stop complaining about how everyone else shouldn't be in it either just because YOU think they shouldn't be in it, and that they should have some disdain for it like you do.
Edited by Moojerk on 9/21/2012 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Keep it in the KD sec- oh wait.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Ruie #1
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/21/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Earthroot
love how you call for people to be mature, and stop personal attacks. And then you make a personal attack.

Who was I personally attacking? I didn't mention any guilds or names, not my fault how you choose to interpret my comment.
It does not need to include a specific name or individual for it to be a personal attack...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I love you moo
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I need more personal attacks on myself.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Rueful
I need more personal attacks on myself.
Fat cow scumbag.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
/powers up
Reply Quote
OH GOD MY EGO! IT HALPS MEH STROKE MEH E-PEENOR!!! AWWWWWWWWWW BABY
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The cycle never ends because this is the internet and this is what anonymity on the internet breeds. It has NOTHING to do with whether or not people who happen to lead guilds do or don't do the drama.

I will agree and disagree with part of this. This is the internet where people hide from real life for certain issues. Those people will troll forums all the time because they hate everyone for the most part. As a community if you took a stand against it, it WILL stop. Say if you were the GM or officer of Toothpaste Defense coming on forums flaming people and trolling. If tons of members of your guild told you stop acting immature. People in your own guild started ignoring you, or people quit your guild in numbers. What type of impact would that have on you? On Pvp realms most people have this online ego. Most egos will not last when people quit and they don't have these lost sheep to follow them. SOME people feel powerful with people logging talking to them time over time. Hanging on every word they say, watching them play games through videos. Take that away from them their entire attitude will change. Or they will leave realm try somewhere new.

You can change people on the internet because my old server Zul'Jin we did it to two guilds. This guy Hellsbargin no $*#@ was on almost all Alliance ignore list. He was losing people to play with and it changed his entire attitude around. You will see bigger egos from people who lead guilds because they feel they have the followers. It isn't true at all for everyone but if you really have been on different servers and know PvP people they fit that personality.

I do agree it will never change because people are scared to make a stand for what is right and mature. No one will because they have the safety of the keyboard. Or they do agree they are acting out of line but are going to defend their online friendship with the person. In order to fix it the community has to want to fix it.

A GREAT example was when free server transfer went up from Area 52 and Zul'jin to Dentarg. Lots of people took the transfer to this low pop server flashing their achievements and titles bragging and trolling. They were not getting any responses, no one was joining their new guilds. People stayed in the old ones and the community didn't put up with these people. Thousands of people fled the server because no one wanted to do anything with them. Again one of them was Hellsbargin who ended fleeing to another server to hide which then came back to ZJ and apologized and is a normal player.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I know what you mean. First time reading KJ forum was gonna try look for a 2200+ Spriest/Warlock for 3v3 in MoP but I back out instead after seeing how people were acting. While not all is bad I would try to avoid the forums if possible. yolo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
09/21/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Priëstitute
Say if you were the GM or officer of Toothpaste Defense coming on forums flaming people and trolling

I'm an officer in my guild but I understand the point you are trying to make with this.
The attitudes and actions of the guilds officers hugely effect the attitudes and actions of the guild members.
I'll edit my posts and drop it.
Edited by Earthroot on 9/21/2012 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

BTW half of the guild would = 400 so I hope this does not happen.

09/21/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Priëstitute
You will see bigger egos from people who lead guilds because they feel they have the followers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Nothing's affected my guild and this is coming from expansions of trolling from myself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]