killing machine more latency friendly?

90 Human Hunter
I'm getting tired of killing machine procing literally as i am hitting obliterate. With DW that can affect my dps quite a bit. It's not a LOT but it happens enough to become a bit annoying. I think one issue of it is probably cause i get a 90-120 latency on average and by the time it procs it isn't really showing up fast enough for me to react. not that i could react within the time frame. But, nonetheless I'm tired of it getting used like that proccing as soon as i hit the button and being used.

Other then that I am curious on some stuff with frost. I personally don't like frost but to be truly competitive i have to be frost so far DS showed this as unholy my dps went up and down a lot as frost first time in a long !@#$ time my dps was about 29k averaging. I think i should be getting more dps I see records of such high dps from frost dks. Makes me want to believe 90% of the "pro" dps is from Good rng and i really don't like that idea. can we please make frost less RNG based. Stop making other players look bad Vs someone getting 50 procs per fight. I get like 3-6 procs per fight at most some of which end up in obliterate as said above.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Ignore KM.

You'll do the exact same DPS than someone who isn't ignoring it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ignore KM.

bah. get 50 procs and it could double ur dps. that's 50 guaranteed crits. unless u get natural good rng with crits alone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Except waiting with those procs to be able to use them on FS/OB for DW/2H ends up being a DPS loss due to overwrites, so you're better off just ignoring KM entirely.

Deliberately paying attention to procs and ignoring them results in basically the same amount of KM-FS's and KM-OB's. What determines that waste ratio is simply your priority--not your latency.
Edited by Euliat on 9/21/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Only in pvp do you really have time to think about it and only in pvp does it really make a difference.

Ignore KM.

bah. get 50 procs and it could double ur dps. that's 50 guaranteed crits. unless u get natural good rng with crits alone.

By saying to ignore it, I'm pretty sure Euliat didn't mean to hold off all attacks until the buff fades...
if you just continue your rotation without concern for which attack you use KM with, your DPS will be within 2-3% (I've read) of someone who manages to get them all exact.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yes, that's what I mean when I say ignore it.

09/21/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Kätämie
if you just continue your rotation without concern for which attack you use KM with, your DPS will be within 2-3% (I've read) of someone who manages to get them all exact.

There's no difference in DPS. Not even 2-3%. Not even 0.50%.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/21/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Kätämie

Which is pretty much impossible unless you are a robot.
With patch 5.0.4 I switched to 2H Frost to keep the hastefrost play style and was convinced that a six digit OB was worth an overwritten KM proc because I held off for a FS. Then I took to the forums because I, as have many other DKs, thought that the way KM was supposed to be used on your 'main' strike was unfeasible in a RNG and latency based envinronment.
Then I read the exact same thing from Euliat 2-3 weeks ago, went with it for the following raids and actually saw my DPS increase by a noticeable margin all across the board and dwarfed my previous personal record on Ultraxion.
(This is personal experience and in no way based on any kind of calculations.)

09/21/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Ryeleigh
Stop making other players look bad Vs someone getting 50 procs per fight. I get like 3-6 procs per fight at most some of which end up in obliterate as said above.

Now, of course you can blame RNG all you want. But its called RNG for a reason. Claiming that you only have bad days while everyone else has an above average amount of good days is just silly.

Seriously, just turn off proc-related addons and go with the standard priority for a while and try it out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yeah what Euliat is pointing out is the scenario like a 2 Handed Frost just obliterated out all their runes and then KM procs. They have the option of Frost Striking the KM (Helping them gain future obliterates) or sitting on that KM for how many seconds waiting for their runes to cycle back. It's that hesitation for seconds on end doing nothing that is the true loss. In particular if you have dry swings that will be landing before you would be able to spend that KM on your primary ability.

Frost's example, I only have 5 RP, I have 2 frost runes and 2 unholy runes available and a KM proc'ed. I could spend 3 globals to get the RP to Frost Strike or I could spend that KM on an Obliterate getting the extra RP in a single global and actually only have to HB after it to be able to frost strike again. The other option would spending 3 globals 1 of which would have been either DnD or PS which are not high damage abilities to finally spend the KM on a FS. Now add in how many dry swings you would have had in those 4 total globals where you'd finally have Frost Striked? That is how it can be a dps loss and why Euliat suggests ignoring it for the most part.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/21/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Skeron

Which is pretty much impossible unless you are a robot.
With patch 5.0.4 I switched to 2H Frost to keep the hastefrost play style and was convinced that a six digit OB was worth an overwritten KM proc because I held off for a FS. Then I took to the forums because I, as have many other DKs, thought that the way KM was supposed to be used on your 'main' strike was unfeasible in a RNG and latency based envinronment.
Then I read the exact same thing from Euliat 2-3 weeks ago, went with it for the following raids and actually saw my DPS increase by a noticeable margin all across the board and dwarfed my previous personal record on Ultraxion.
(This is personal experience and in no way based on any kind of calculations.)

Stop making other players look bad Vs someone getting 50 procs per fight. I get like 3-6 procs per fight at most some of which end up in obliterate as said above.

Now, of course you can blame RNG all you want. But its called RNG for a reason. Claiming that you only have bad days while everyone else has an above average amount of good days is just silly.

Seriously, just turn off proc-related addons and go with the standard priority for a while and try it out.

how is 2h frost I like 2handers but thought the gap for PVE was too much between 2h and DW. I haven't dps'd on my dk in a longg time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
the difference is trivial. play what you like
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
how is 2h frost I like 2handers but thought the gap for PVE was too much between 2h and DW. I haven't dps'd on my dk in a longg time.

The MoP pre-patch made 2H not only viable again, but theoretically pace ahead of DW and UH by a tiny margin. Like Kusari said, you can play whatever spec you want without any kind of repercussions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/22/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Skeron

The MoP pre-patch made 2H not only viable again, but theoretically pace ahead of DW and UH by a tiny margin. Like Kusari said, you can play whatever spec you want without any kind of repercussions.

YAY i remember in the past it was DW or go home. this makes me happy ^.^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]