Why backload almost ALL of our DPS?

90 Orc Warrior
This change confuses me:

Mortal Strike now does 165% weapon damage (down from 185%).
Overpower now does 105% weapon damage (down from 120%)
Slam now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%).
Raging Blow now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%),
Bloodthirst now does 90% weapon damage (down from 100%).
Wild Strike now does 195% weapon damage (down from 220%).

Before people say "you'll be fine at 90"...
We've already seen DPS at 90. There have been tens of thousands of iterations run through SimulationCraft. This is obviously not the be-all-end-all, as we see parses pop up on either end of its results, but it's a pretty good baseline for observing class capability. We know where the Warrior specs stand. We've also seen plenty of live examples on the MoP beta servers.

We also know that Execute makes up a wildly disproportionate amount of our DPS. The final 19.9% of a fight gives us ~20% of our DPS in far less time. And now there's an average 20% reduction in weapon damage coefficients across essentially all major damaging abilities in our priority "rotations"--reductions that actually take us below numbers that Blizzard deemed "too weak" in the last TWO MONTHS.

I'm confused by the notion that Blizzard wants us to do so little damage for 90% of the time a fight is active. Execute makes up such a large portion of our damage already, it's the only reason we were competitive.

Why should a progression guild bother taking Warrior DPS now if we're putting out useful damage for such a small portion of the fight?

Some clarity on such a distorted damage spectrum would be fantastic.

/boggle
Edited by Broggernaut on 9/21/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I normally don't complain at nerfs.... This one is retarded. I don't understand how Blizzard thinks this is okay when mages and paladins hit so much harder.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
*Long spanning topic about how a large amount of warriors want Execute to be toned down in favor of increasing damage on our other abilities*

*Nerfs to every skill except Execute*

Makes sense to me.
Edited by Uddercup on 9/21/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm just baffled.

We've already seen Blue posts saying they outright want to give Fury a little more help, especially with its damage at lower levels.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It seems there's only one thing moving the developers besides their paycheck, and that's mage tears. God forbid a warrior having a chance against a mage player who is not a retarded!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I hate the fact that warriors - incredibly fun to play at the most basic of levels - has the worst numbers design in the game at the moment.

When you break it down - in either pvp or pve - the majority of a warriors success is going to come to his ability to line up cooldowns, stack the execute phase, and crit rng during those timeframes.

You may be way better than someone else rotationally, but the simple ability to line up cds and mash execute is going to be what seperates you.

Its awful to think of that. Thats not to mention how unfun hitting like a wet noodle for most of the fight is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Warrior nerfs have never been necessary. The skill cap required to play a warrior has increased dramatically, while the number of warriors that play the game has decreased sharply. Our class has been so shaky this past year and a half its hard to understand where Blizzard is coming from with nerfs like these. I would love to see the numbers where our core DPS abilities need a 20% nerf across the board, but sadly those are never present. Meanwhile we see casters continue to receive buffs or neglect that was akin to the entirety of Casterfail.

It's baffling to see nerfs like this when the game has not even been released yet. And probably more will follow shortly after. Hard to think about the promise this new expansion was bringing when again it follows up with nerfs that don't seem to fit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The Execute phase should simply alter our rotation, not alter our DPS.

I don't understand how anyone thought this would be a good idea. It was perfectly fine before.
Edited by Torpedo on 9/21/2012 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I also noticed the note about Gurth.... which makes me wonder, did warriors really need to be adjusted... it's not like every warrior doesn't have one, thus where is the "more damage than intended" really coming from?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm just baffled.

We've already seen Blue posts saying they outright want to give Fury a little more help, especially with its damage at lower levels.

Again, I have yet to see this post. The last time I heard GC talk about Fury was months ago, not anytime recently. If someone could find a post within the past two weeks that says this, I would be much obliged.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The only ability I wanted to see nerfed was Execute. Blue has repeatedly stated that they are happy with it. That's well and fine, the vast majority of the player base of that class are not happy with it. So rather than nerf Execute, they nerf our 100-20% main abilities. Thanks Blue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm just baffled.

Again, I have yet to see this post. The last time I heard GC talk about Fury was months ago, not anytime recently. If someone could find a post within the past two weeks that says this, I would be much obliged.

Here you go :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6515991780?page=13
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

We also know that Execute makes up a wildly disproportionate amount of our DPS. The final 19.9% of a fight gives us ~20% of our DPS in far less time. And now there's an average 20% reduction in weapon damage coefficients across essentially all major damaging abilities in our priority "rotations"--reductions that actually take us below numbers that Blizzard deemed "too weak" in the last TWO MONTHS.

I'm confused by the notion that Blizzard wants us to do so little damage for 90% of the time a fight is active. Execute makes up such a large portion of our damage already, it's the only reason we were competitive.

Why should a progression guild bother taking Warrior DPS now if we're putting out useful damage for such a small portion of the fight?

Some clarity on such a distorted damage spectrum would be fantastic.

/boggle

This nerf does much more than lower and shift more of out damage in the execute phase percentage wise (execute should go from 10-12% to 15-17% with this hotfix).

Bloodsurge is bordering utterly useless and is only a very minor dps increase, TG will no longer use wild strike out side Bloodsurge and will now pick up WW instead, this makes the glyph of raging wind mandatory for all TG warriors.
Removing the damage from core abilities and not execute pushes TG away from SMF even further making SMF the clear dominate spec.

The raid selection for a warrior is a double edged sword, on fights where there is hard phase above sub 20% warriors will be sat as we should be around 10-15% less damage then other classes assuming we are all roughly balanced. But when a fight has an exceedingly hard sub 20% then warriors are the way to go as we trivialize other classes doing up to twice as much dps than other classes during that phase.

The Execute phase should simply alter out rotation, not alter our DPS.

I don't understand how anyone thought this would be a good idea. It was perfectly fine before.

should be a slight to mild dps increase, not a large proportion
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I didn't mind the percentage of damage Execute contributed before these nerfs, maybe a bit high for SMF but TG seemed okay. But I thought it was very close to being too much. This is just too much backloaded damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It's funny how "everything will be fine @ 90 " is even an excuse people try to justify things with. We are paying to play this game and regardless of your level, your class, and your spec your role should be competitive with everyone else and reflected on your gear and skill. From the experience i've had with the patch so far on many toons across many different levels there are always certain specs just cant compete levels 1-84 in an instanced group situation dps or otherwise.

simply put: this expansion will be amazing 86-90 maybe so, but now the overall mechanics of the game has changed, and the new mechanics simply do not scale by level at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]