Mount Roleplaying

91 Orc Hunter
Of the following drakes listed, which do you think would be the most difficult to tame? This is relevant to a character I'm currently developing.

Albino
Azure
Black
Blue
Blue Proto
Bronze
Green Proto
Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher
Red
Red Proto
Twilight
Vitreous Stone
Volcanic Stone
Violet Proto
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Either the Frostbrood Vanquisher, or the Twilight Drake.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Frostbrood Vanquisher, though I'm begging you, don't use that in RP.

Anyway, the most likely option would probably be a regular old drake. Red and bronze drakes are especially likely, as they're allies of the Alliance and Horde. I'm not sure how they'd feel simply chauffering you around, though. I would only call on them in times of emergency, when you need to get somehwere and nothing else can do the job. If you're looking for a simple beast that won't talk or do anything special as you ride it, other than maybe shoot a fireball or swoop down to eat a mountain goat, I'd go with a proto-drake. They're hella hard to tame, considering that they're barely sentient, plus the amount of meat they'd want before being tame is insane, and they're pretty much always hungry. What happens when you run out of meat? Will it have built up enough trust to not eat you? Or will it, in its endless hunger, simply devour you and fly off, licking its lips?

A bit more on regular drakes... Make sure you're open-minded and like to talk, because, unlike proto-drakes or gryphons or anything like that, they will usually atempt to engage in conversation, give advice, and try to help you make your adventure more enjoyable. If your character's not the type of person who takes kindly to criticism, even constructive crtiticism, choose something else. As for proto-drakes, all you really need to do with them is toss some meat in front of them every hour or so, and they won't roar annoyingly/do a barrel roll and send you plummeting down to your doom. Or eat you. Or piss on your soul.

That's my advice. Hope it helps.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/22/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Srdotsalot
Frostbrood Vanquisher, though I'm begging you, don't use that in RP.
Eh I disagree, I'll have to go with Twilight Drake imo. Think about it, they were sentient and likely agreed with what experiments they went through, meanwhile the Frostbrood Vanquishers were elite wyrms in the Lich King's armies, but what you're forgetting is that they were members of the Scourge, which means that the Lich King was controlling their wills. Once they were freed from the Lich King's control then they reverted back to what they were before: blue drakes only in an undead state which might have mental issues. Although I guess in a way you could argue that they have a mental illness thus they can't fly as well, but I think there are too many factors involved in it. If for example, the owner is a death knight who will be using it in battle then I think it'd be easier to use than a Twilight Drake, but if say you're a farmer and you're just using it for transportation from one farm to another then I think it might be too much for a battle hardened drake such as itself and will likely cause trouble. Although now that I think of it a Twilight Drake would likely think the same way as well and would likely burn down the farm regardless of what its mental state is once it has the chance to do so.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
I suppose. You make a good argument, but honestly, I still have to go with a frostwyrm. Considering they're WYRMS, they're probably very big realistically, so how are you even gonna get up there without a ladder? Plus, yeah, probable mental illnesses. Even if they didn't have them before, when they regained free will, thoughts, stuff like that, they probably took one look at themselves and... I dunno. Went insane? Simple killed themselves? They're abominations of nature. But whatever. I think both would be INSANELY hard to tame. Let's call it a tie, shall we?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
Yeah I suppose so, although since Black Drakes are members of the Black Dragonflight they'd likely have the same mentality as the Twilight Drakes would so I'd have to include them with this tie as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I'd say Black.

because there aren't any.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Really? None? I thought it was twilight drakes that were gone save for Goriona and MAYBE one or two others. Oh yeah, I forgot about that, Vyn. I guess you kind win...

I kind of doubt they'd eradicate the blacks too, what with Wrathion. They'll probably perform some experiments, see if they can duplicate the results. It would be a shame to see an entire dragonflight removed from existence.
Edited by Srdotsalot on 9/22/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Mage
I mean.... I hate it when peopel RP their drake mounts attacking people.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/22/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Srdotsalot
I kind of doubt they'd eradicate the blacks too, what with Wrathion. They'll probably perform some experiments, see if they can duplicate the results. It would be a shame to see an entire dragonflight removed from existence.
Well they did say in the most recent Ask CDev that Wrathion only thought that he was the last one left. To my knowledge Sabellian is still very much alive, and likely other members of the Black Dragonflight that didn't participate in the Siege of Wyrmrest Temple are still alive as well. It's going to be so ironic when MoP comes out and you come to talk to Wrathion while sitting on your Black Drake mount, with him saying he's the last one on the planet.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Violet, Green Proto's
as well as Albino, Black, and Twilight drakes
Because there are none.

That aside, I would think Frost wyrms would be most common, since they have little purpose after the LK's death (note, as permanent mounts).
As for most of the other flights, they may let you ride them if it helped them, but for little other reason, much less be permanent. Dragon pride and all.

As for Proto's... sure, but they are vicious as they come, so good luck trying.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
It's kind of a dragon-tamer (I hate to word it like that, but think something like Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon), someone who's patient enough and cares about the dragons enough to form bonds (after a lot of hard work) with even the meanest son of a buck. I didn't think much about the protos being savage beasts for some reason, but now thinking about that it is stated in a few quests. Derpy me.

The ideas presented here are all very helpful, and will definitely help me evolve the character without looking like a goof. That means they won't attack anyone, lol.
Edited by Cozzene on 9/22/2012 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Bronze drake for easiest. The bronze dragonflight are very open to the races of azeroth, and they're quite patient. They wouldn't be extremely hard to tame if your character gained the favor of one.

And black for hardest. The only KNOWN black dragon left is Wrathion, so it'd be difficult.
Edited by Ilidra on 9/22/2012 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/22/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Cozzene
It's kind of a dragon-tamer (I hate to word it like that, but think something like Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon), someone who's patient enough and cares about the dragons enough to form bonds (after a lot of hard work) with even the meanest son of a buck. I didn't think much about the protos being savage beasts for some reason, but now thinking about that it is stated in a few quests. Derpy me.
Uh I'm not really sure that a dragon tamer is a really good idea unless your character is sueish because well it's one thing between being a dragon 'tamer' and being something like a gryphon tamer because well dragons are just as intelligent as we are and well gryphons likely are less intelligent. I think the word you might be looking for is a red dragon tamer or a bronze or a green, etc, because it would take a large variety of skills to be able to tame any type of drake. For one, your character would have to be a psychologist or maybe a death knight in order to even think about taming a Frostbrood Vanquisher. As for a black drake or a twilight drake I'm not even sure if unless you're on their side that lorewise it would be possible to do so. I mean how do you convince a black dragon to be your mount when you're going around killing them?
Reply Quote
I'd say black because like Dristis said...the only one left is Wrathion. and he has the snooty rich boy personality to let someone ride him, saying has he thinks he can end a war on his own.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/22/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Sarinda
I'd say black because like Dristis said...the only one left is Wrathion. and he has the snooty rich boy personality to let someone ride him, saying has he thinks he can end a war on his own.
No Wrathion only thinks that he's the only one left in the world. And besides he can't be the last one left because I still have my own Black Drake mount :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why would a Dragon need a tamer though? They are just as smart if not smarter than most mortal races...and if you are taming them by force or against their will... enjoy having their respective flights hunt you down and eat you.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/22/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Drewan
Why would a Dragon need a tamer though? They are just as smart if not smarter than most mortal races...and if you are taming them by force or against their will... enjoy having their respective flights hunt you down and eat you.
idk what if you're training a Frostbrood Vanquisher which is mentally ill or else a drake of the opposite side or something? Perhaps then you'll need use of some decommissioning conditioning in order to have them lose themselves and simply become your personal mount?
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Vynathlon
No Wrathion only thinks that he's the only one left in the world. And besides he can't be the last one left because I still have my own Black Drake mount :P

I'm doubting your mounts count really cause then there would be around 5 million or so of them... and I think Wrathion would sense one if there was that many :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]