Mount Roleplaying

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/22/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Sarinda
No Wrathion only thinks that he's the only one left in the world. And besides he can't be the last one left because I still have my own Black Drake mount :P

I'm doubting your mounts count really cause then there would be around 5 million or so of them... and I think Wrathion would sense one if there was that many :P

Wrathion believes that he is the last at least important black dragon, there are still those in Outland as well Blizz has said there may be one or two hiding away in Azeroth somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req

I'm doubting your mounts count really cause then there would be around 5 million or so of them... and I think Wrathion would sense one if there was that many :P

Wrathion believes that he is the last at least important black dragon, there are still those in Outland as well Blizz has said there may be one or two hiding away in Azeroth somewhere.
He means that it's pretty unlikely that 5 million exist in Azeroth, and our mounts don't really count when considering the amount of black drakes in the world.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Drakes (from the Dragonflights) aren't animals that can be tamed. They're sentient creatures, who in most cases, are smarter and more articulate than you (the player). They allow you to ride them. Even the Bronze Proto-Drakes showed signs of intelligence and reason.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
I'd say Black.

because there aren't any.

See this is something that irks me about WoWs story writing. You can't just be like there are no more black dragons because the red flight wiped them out hur hur! They didn't even mention the Dragonmaw clan who probably has a large stock of black drakes. The Dragonmaw orcs aren't just going to be like oh sure Alextraza take our mounts! no they are going to keep them! On top of that there is no way the red flight managed to kill ALL of them. I accept that a black drake is rare and that the flight itself is facing extinction but that there are no more period? that is just a load of bull...

Honestly I would have to say even if Chris Metzan came on this forum and said it himself I would tell him hes full of crap because you can't really argue with the reasons I stated here. It just wouldn't make sense logically.
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Mage
09/23/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Walegar
Honestly I would have to say even if Chris Metzan came on this forum and said it himself I would tell him hes full of crap because you can't really argue with the reasons I stated here. It just wouldn't make sense logically.

Please stop roleplaying. Now.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
09/23/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Zelphyius

lol u mad? give me an argument that logically makes sense and ill change my opinion on this but I really doubt you can.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
The Dragonmaw orcs aren't just going to be like oh sure Alextraza take our mounts! no they are going to keep them!
I was wondering what happened to th Dragonmaw Clan's supply of mounts... Some of their bases seems to be made of their parts. Perhaps the Red Dragonflight told them to get rid of them and they either put them deep below ground with some other unknown encampment of Dragonmaw Orcs, they transported the rest to Outland, or else they killed them and used their parts for their survival.

On top of that there is no way the red flight managed to kill ALL of them. I accept that a black drake is rare and that the flight itself is facing extinction but that there are no more period? that is just a load of bull...
I'm not even really sure if the Red Dragonflight even would go hunt down the remainder of them. I mean they were just enemies of Deathwing and the majority of black dragons helped in Deathwing's goal right? So if there are some remaining black dragons out there who are unloyal to Deathwing's plans then why would the red dragonflight put a bounty on their heads? I mean Wrathion survived through all of this and the Red Dragonflight didn't try to kill him or anything.

Also it's been said multiple times in this thread that Wrathion only thinks he's the last one on the planet, which means that it is possible that there are some black dragons hidden deep in the planet or on Outland. So the notion that the Black Dragonflight went extinct is absurd at best.
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Walegar

lol u mad? give me an argument that logically makes sense and ill change my opinion on this but I really doubt you can.

Saying Chris Metzen... ruined the argument... He created one of the biggest Mary sues in the game.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
09/23/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Vynathlon
The Dragonmaw orcs aren't just going to be like oh sure Alextraza take our mounts! no they are going to keep them!
I was wondering what happened to th Dragonmaw Clan's supply of mounts... Some of their bases seems to be made of their parts. Perhaps the Red Dragonflight told them to get rid of them and they either put them deep below ground with some other unknown encampment of Dragonmaw Orcs, they transported the rest to Outland, or else they killed them and used their parts for their survival.

On top of that there is no way the red flight managed to kill ALL of them. I accept that a black drake is rare and that the flight itself is facing extinction but that there are no more period? that is just a load of bull...
I'm not even really sure if the Red Dragonflight even would go hunt down the remainder of them. I mean they were just enemies of Deathwing and the majority of black dragons helped in Deathwing's goal right? So if there are some remaining black dragons out there who are unloyal to Deathwing's plans then why would the red dragonflight put a bounty on their heads? I mean Wrathion survived through all of this and the Red Dragonflight didn't try to kill him or anything.

Also it's been said multiple times in this thread that Wrathion only thinks he's the last one on the planet, which means that it is possible that there are some black dragons hidden deep in the planet or on Outland. So the notion that the Black Dragonflight went extinct is absurd at best.

pretty much my point. Although I am really thinking if the red dragon flight told the reds to dispose of them the Dragonmaw would just give them the middle finger. The aspects are also mortal now thus decreasing the power of the flight as a whole. Dragonmaw are the least likely faction to do anything a dragon told them to do.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid

Saying Chris Metzen... ruined the argument... He created one of the biggest Mary sues in the game.

The writers handling of the black dragon flight was sloppy at best and I am sure even Metszan would be inclined to agree. I understand Blizzard wanted to kind of push the dragons out of the story but its highly unlikely the flight itself has one remaining member. Wrathion is probably the only remaining dragon that is old enough to do reproduction. Unless he finds a female to do the nasty with there probably won' be any new dragons of that flight for a few thousand years.
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Mage
The writers handling of the black dragon flight was sloppy at best and I am sure even Metszan would be inclined to agree. I understand Blizzard wanted to kind of push the dragons out of the story but its highly unlikely the flight itself has one remaining member. Wrathion is probably the only remaining dragon that is old enough to do reproduction. Unless he finds a female to do the nasty with there probably won' be any new dragons of that flight for a few thousand years.

Metzen is law. His word is law. If he says there are no black dragons, there are no black dragons. If he says that Garrosh becomes a demon, GARROSH BECOMES A DEMON
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
Tamer/trainer was a bad choice of words. I'm not sure how to word it, someone that the dragons trust easier than most other people? Even that doesn't really come out the way I want to get it across. I don't intend the toon to be some kind of crazy hero, just a friend to the dragon populous, even the meanest craziest wildest ones (to a limited degree).

As for the black drakes, I'm curious about the guy out in Blade's Edge, too.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
09/23/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Vynathlon

I would think the Dragonmaw would now use Nether Drakes again.
They are backed by the Horde, I could easily see them getting passes from the Horde to go to Outland and "liberate" a few.
Also, Netherwing have ZERO representation among the other flights. They are a gray zone. A exploitable gray zone.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
09/23/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Fumeblast

They are backed by the Horde, I could easily see them getting passes from the Horde to go to Outland and "liberate" a few.
Also, Netherwing have ZERO representation among the other flights. They are a gray zone. A exploitable gray zone.

From what I have heard they are going to bolster their ranks with proto drakes in Northrend because those type of dragons are not in a short supply by any means.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
09/23/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Zelphyius

Metzen is law. His word is law. If he says there are no black dragons, there are no black dragons. If he says that Garrosh becomes a demon, GARROSH BECOMES A DEMON

*POUNDS FIST ON TABLE* NINE NINE NINE NINE! METZAN ET ZE LAW! LOL....okay,okay I'm done...

Here is the thing. I am not saying lets just disregard everything Metzan has put into WoW lore and all play Nekoni aniemei cat creatures and be half dragon, half murloc, half worgen...Kirin'tor was a terrible rp server btw...All I am saying is if a writer leaves something completely and utterly unexplained than I think the role playing community should be inclined to have their interpretation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/23/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Walegar
pretty much my point. Although I am really thinking if the red dragon flight told the reds to dispose of them the Dragonmaw would just give them the middle finger. The aspects are also mortal now thus decreasing the power of the flight as a whole. Dragonmaw are the least likely faction to do anything a dragon told them to do.
Doesn't really matter though because if the red dragons are out to destroy the black dragons and the Dragonmaw Orcs are harboring them then wouldn't it stand to reason that the red dragonflight would simply destroy them for getting in their way?

... I've said this repeatedly already. WRATHION IS NOT THE LAST BLACK DRAGON IN THE WORLD. HE ONLY THINKS HE IS!!!!

09/23/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Zelphyius
See above statement.

... The Dragonmaw Orcs were mainly instrumental in the destruction of the Alliance in Twilight Highlands and the conquering of the land, now that they don't have any mounts I can see them either abandoning them or else telling them to get through it by supplying them some sort of other means of transportation. They used the red dragons for years before that in the second war they could go back to doing it again, and the Horde has utilized the strength of red proto-drakes in their wars, the Dragonmaws could use those.

As for your concept of how the Netherwing have no representation, they are known to the Blue Dragonflight and have become allies with them. The blues would probably back them for it. And then the blues would tell the Alliance and then they would stop the Horde from taking them over.

Here is the thing. I am not saying lets just disregard everything Metzan has put into WoW lore and all play Nekoni aniemei cat creatures and be half dragon, half murloc, half worgen...Kirin'tor was a terrible rp server btw...All I am saying is if a writer leaves something completely and utterly unexplained than I think the role playing community should be inclined to have their interpretation.
Or the lore community. We practically flesh out any and all issues relating to lore which the roleplaying community picks up from us, fleshes it out even further for use for rping, then gets picked up by the other roleplaying communities out there and is then implemented for use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you want to be something similar to the character from How to Tame Your Dragon, I would stick to the more intelligent sort and consider your character's personality against the normal personalities of the type of dragon/drake. After all, he didn't tame dragons...He befriended them and worked with them. Its kind of funny to me how most people just ignored what you were trying to do there.

I think its a neat idea as opposed to say... Being a dragon. xD

Good luck and, imo...

If you want decent opinions where people care about what you're doing rather than arguing? Find some friends/acquaintances who know lore well and/or read up on them yourself. Its always nice to have a sounding board but from what I see, not much of this is very useful to your needs. Most of it seems to be a repetitive pile of answers and bickering.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
("Doesn't really matter though because if the red dragons are out to destroy the black dragons and the Dragonmaw Orcs are harboring them then wouldn't it stand to reason that the red dragonflight would simply destroy them for getting in their way?")

Not necessarily. The Dragonmaw may not be able to full on beat the red flight but a war with them would be to taxing because Dragonmaw orcs excel at fighting dragons and taming them. The dragon flight is not at their full strength anymore they are severely weakened so if they were going to act upon it they should of before Deathwing's destruction which probably wouldn't be possible either because attacking the Dragonmaw would create even more problems that the red flight does not need when a crazed aspect is about to destroy the world.

this is the one I am responding too.
Edited by Walegar on 9/23/2012 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Walegar can you edit your post so it's more clear as to which paragraph you're responding to? Because the quote you have right now is responding to yourself.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
If you want to be something similar to the character from How to Tame Your Dragon, I would stick to the more intelligent sort and consider your character's personality against the normal personalities of the type of dragon/drake. After all, he didn't tame dragons...He befriended them and worked with them. Its kind of funny to me how most people just ignored what you were trying to do there.

I think its a neat idea as opposed to say... Being a dragon. xD

Good luck and, imo...

If you want decent opinions where people care about what you're doing rather than arguing? Find some friends/acquaintances who know lore well and/or read up on them yourself. Its always nice to have a sounding board but from what I see, not much of this is very useful to your needs. Most of it seems to be a repetitive pile of answers and bickering.

AND THAT IS WHY I TROLL THE HELL OUT OF THESE FORUMS! *bumps Alwrenn* 10/10
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]