Why did Dragonball GT suck?

90 Human Death Knight
I see people say it's a bad addition to the dragonball z series. Why? I thought it was decent. The soundtrack was meh, but if it had the soundtrack from say the Buu saga, it would have been fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It messed with Canon, it focused to much on Goku (the end of the Buu saga suffered from this as well), it had fairly stupid transformations compared to Z, it turned Gohan into an even bigger wimp than he was in Buu, and overall, it just really sucked.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Frozentime
but if it had the soundtrack from say the Buu saga, it would have been fine.

Bingo. I'm not the biggest DBZ nerd out there, but I seen all the Z episodes. Personally I felt Z ended off with a nice touch. I tried to give GT a chance, but the low beat "rap" style track killed it for me. That honestly was the #1 reason I disliked it and didn't continue with it.

Not to mention, I wasn't into Goku being a kid again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/22/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Frozentime
I see people say it's a bad addition to the dragonball z series.

At least it's better than the live action horribleness that I won't watch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh God, I could write a novel about everything that was wrong with Dragonball GT.

It mainly comes down to one thing, though: Bad writing. Without Akira Toriyama, the full weight of the story fell onto the shoulders of the idiots at Toei Animation, who were responsible for the filler that dragged down the previous two series'.

The pacing was bad. None of it made sense. And it just felt like terrible fan fiction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Because the creator of the series had nothing to do with it
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Oh God, I could write a novel about everything that was wrong with Dragonball GT.

It mainly comes down to one thing, though: Bad writing. Without Akira Toriyama, the full weight of the story fell onto the shoulders of the idiots at Toei Animation, who were responsible for the filler that dragged down the previous two series'.

The pacing was bad. None of it made sense. And it just felt like terrible fan fiction.

09/24/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Rogue
09/24/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

I have no freaking idea where people ever got this idea. He wrote for it, he oversaw production like he did with the dragonball and z animes, he designed the GT logo, and did various artwork and character designs for it as well.

Don't believe me? Watch the credits. He's credited as an author.
Edited by Kanden on 9/24/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The lack of Gohan being awesome killed it for me!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The series was already getting pretty ridiculous in a bad towards the end of dbz, GT just kept up with that trend.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/24/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Kanden

I have no freaking idea where people ever got this idea. He wrote for it, he oversaw production like he did with the dragonball and z animes, he designed the GT logo, and did various artwork and character designs for it as well.

Don't believe me? Watch the credits. He's credited as an author.

source? (other than the credits, he might not have had much input at all, and still be credited as an author)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]