Before I Delete My Mage. .

65 Orc Warrior
I am at level eight right now, I know it's early for a character but what spells I do have don't seem very functional. Everything is on top of me eating my face and it's getting to the point I am becoming frustrated. I am dieing a lot and not sure what I am doing wrong.

Does the rotation clean up a lot better at ten or so? Or am I gonna have to push through until twenty or so?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
at 8 you should have blink, frost nova, and ffb

just take it 1 mob at a time
Reply Quote
65 Orc Warrior
Ok, I will try that. Thank you. :)
Reply Quote
65 Orc Warrior
It just seems really odd that they don't have more abilities in the beginning to help keep some distance between you and your target. As a warrior I had no problems getting my feet on the ground and demolishing stuff for the first twenty levels.

Seems kinda unfair for mages. . =/
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
it's all about keeping your distance

once you unlock ice barrier at level 30 casting feels a lot better
Reply Quote
Do you aggro mobs b4 you cast anything? Cuz this is the only scenario I can think of from your post.

If you are a first time caster, stay 40 yards from your mobs and cast something. They will die b4 they even reach you. Casters just don't charge at things.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You learn blink at level eight now?

Wow, queue a whole bunch of "back in my day" and "you whippersnappers have no idea what it was like" stories from THIS GUY RIGHT HURR.

<--(this one)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
seriously? this guy is complaining about it being to hard at level 8 when you basically one shot everything?

take about the hour it takes to level up to 20 or so and enjoy it.

remember your not a warrior when your playing on your mage, dont charge into things, kill them from range...

also you get your water ele at the start dont you? or did they change that again?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/24/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Damper
also you get your water ele at the start dont you? or did they change that again?

You get it at level 10, not level 1, the start. We've never got the Water Elemental at level 1.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
lol you're not even level 10 yet and you have blink and frost nova. What the heck is wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
09/24/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Sethmann

You get it at level 10, not level 1, the start. We've never got the Water Elemental at level 1.

that is true, you get it when you chose your spec...

but i mean come on, what does it take 20 mins to get to level 10?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
This is sad when level 85's are telling a fresh Mage how easy it is at low levels. It is no longer a cake walk at low levels. We are NOT a Glass Cannon. We are equipped with squirt guns at best. Sure we can dance and Blink and Freeze, but it takes forever to kill one mob. Nothing like it was prior to the 5.0 releases. Things are horrible at lower levels. This is from a non - BOE point of view, but it was actually fun at lower levels before the 5.0 releases.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
if you delete your mage can you send me your gold?
Reply Quote
15 Dwarf Priest
Wow, queue a whole bunch of "back in my day" and "you whippersnappers have no idea what it was like" stories from THIS GUY RIGHT HURR.

<--(this one)

Guy?

Alia, don't look now, but you're...female.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Um... I remember leveling my mage at low levels. OMG pain in the rear. Very helpful to partner/group up with someone.
Reply Quote
As a mage who leveled in the Vanilla era, all I can say is keep your distance and slow mobs down. From what I hear though, once you get Ice Barrier, the Mage life gets a whole lot easier.
Edited by Jereyne on 9/27/2012 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
54 Troll Mage
I just came back to WoW from a vanilla server and figured leveling would be a lot easier here. It is probably 2x as fast but then again I have almost 2x the levels to gain. It looks like it is about on par as far as how quickly mobs die on my mage.

This is my first time playing WoW with any expansions but from what I have read it should be much faster. Mages seem to be one of the worst for DPS in PvP and PvE in lower levels. In BG's I can kill people who can't heal right now but I have to completely out play them. As for healers they do more damage then I do, my damage can't even budge their hp with the heals/shields, and for some reason mana is unlimited for lower levels. I guess WoW wanted to ease players in and truly teach them one thing at a time..... mana management 101 must come at a later level.

With all this I am just assuming things get better at the end. I'm a cloth style player and will stick with it because I like the style. If you stick with it you will figure it out and it sounds like in the end balance will happen. I have actually read posts about how unfair and OP mages are at end game. The good part is that the tougher the journey the more rewarding it will be to reach max level. I'm guessing 90% of chars being made now are one of the unkillable healing classes in lower level BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
frostbolt, run, frostbolt, run, frostbolt, run, frost nova, run x 1000000

and for the love of gods stay out of BG's
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Halvandra, Racthoh's advice is sound. Snipe single targets, keep your distance, don't get cornered, have an escape route. It pays off in the long run.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]