Buying/Selling Battle Pets???

90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm confused. On the AH there is a Battle Pets category and a Miscellaneous-> Companion Pets category.

All the current vanity pets we have now are sold under miscellaneous->companion pets, and I've read that wild pets can not be caged and sold on the AH, cause Blizz wants people to level them and not make it a cash cow industry.

So what is the category of Battle Pets doing on the AH? What goes under there?

Anyone from beta know?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Iirc when MoP launches you can crate your pets (bop rare pets included iirc) and put them on AH. If that is true I've already planned which ones I'm selling..
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You can crate and sell any non-unique pet you have. You can also have multiples of any non-unique pet.

For instance, an Emerald Whelpling as a companion might cost 10-15k on the AH. It would only be a level 1 pet if you bought it that way, though.

Under Battle Pets, on the other hand, you might find a level 10 or 20 or whatever Emerald Whelpling that's been battled and leveled up already. You can even buy someone's Phoenix Hatchling through the Battle Pet tab, even though it's a BoP companion pet, because it's not unique.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
09/24/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Krazzorx
Iirc when MoP launches you can crate your pets (bop rare pets included iirc) and put them on AH. If that is true I've already planned which ones I'm selling..

You can capture pets, you can cage them, and sell them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/24/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Caehlin
You can capture pets, you can cage them, and sell them.

Actually you can't crate pets captured in the wild. Blizz apparently wants people out in the world catching their own pets, not just buying them off the AH.

The only pets you can crate are non-unique companion pets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]