Disc Priests Definitely Need Survivability

90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm sad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow OP in PvP, disc UP. Yep, going shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Anyone remember what they said during cata beta?

"Priests will be good if not great"

Hey. At least no empty promises this time around.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
omfg DK's are either horrendously OP or I'm just squishy as all hell. I got opened up like a baked bean tin - every DK who actually has a brain goes straight for the Priest and sits on them with massive damage. The fact that interrupts are reduced isn't too bad (I juke that !@#$ anyway) but holy crap that damage - I've got no way to get away either! I have to have hard peels or I am literally shredded in 8s or less (no joke, this is from a DK less geared than me) and omg Pain Suppression is just a personal cooldown.

Oh yeah utterly shredded some Priests in 2's (lol, 2's I know) as enh/disc so I think they may be needing a bit of defense in the form of a cooldown. Really a clothie with 0 mobility outside of Fade (I get no sprints or anything) is basically a sitting duck and there is absolutely no way it can be justified (I am not tank in the slightest) even with some dodgy "But you get absorbs!" argument. Yeah? Well resto Druids get Lifeblooms that crit for 60k when I dispel a single stack but my shields can be spam dispelled to no detriment. Reaaaaaally would like a personal defensive (that isn't Fade/Spectral Guise).
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Priest
09/29/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Thanë
Definitely not happy with the way Disc is looking. Going to give it a go anyways, and I'll be leveling up a monk healer to swap to if it remains terrible.

Make sure you bring some vaseline you are going to need it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i think this might be worse than s9 =/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/02/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Benicillin
i think this might be worse than s9 =/

No thinking needed, this is way worse than S9.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So... I won't be able to heal in PvP?
Edited by Wofye on 10/2/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
our pvp set bonuses are pretty meh as well compared to other healers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/02/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Wofye

Nope, go shadow or reroll
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yep. this thread mentions everything i have to say about disc priests atm. well said. FIX US BLIZZARD PLEASE
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Priest
I am so sick of being lvl 90 and healing like im lvl 80/85. Pvp gear grind is going to be slow and long.
Reply Quote
my priest sucks. this is lame. theres absolutely no competition at all, its like a joke.
Reply Quote
It's not complicated and I am surprised Blizzard couldn't see the design problem.

Focused Will was a mandatory passive ability for the disc priest given we had no mobility. In MOP, we are given additional mobility and no Focused Will. The problem is that the mobility options are on a cooldown. We die to just about all melee (except for rogues this season...lol) when our escape abilities are on cooldown without Focused Will. The class is currently broken in PvP.

In summary:

Dear Blizzard,

Focused Will was passive and up 100% of the time. Our escape abilities are on a cooldown. Therefore we die like butter melting on a hot frying pan. One more thing, you couldn't figure that out without player feedback ?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I agree with pretty much everything in this thread, I find that survivability is really bad compared to any other healer (Like cata all over again lol) but this can be semi dealt with with good positioning and peels, the biggest issue of all though is our mana. Our regen is awful, even with 1 min shadowfiend, im oom 3 minutes into an arena while the other healer is sitting on 90% (not to mention after the arena i see that he outhealed me). Its just ridiculous, every expansion this happens and its stupid, I love my priest and I want to play it but I'm seriously considering rerolling.

Im not saying our surviability is okay by any means but I'm used to being the easiest healer to kill since wotlk, if they just fixed our mana i would be content to not complain but right now they are more or less unplayable, even when i get 2 full drinks off in a 3s match we lose because i go oom.

Pretty much I'm pissed that priests get the short end of the stick.... again
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
blizzard plz, do something about disc asap and not right before the end of the season. we have the worst mobility of all healers, the worst heals, no safe hard cc, no interrupt, and the only good thing we had got nerfed to the ground or needs a glyph now. our shields are weak and are gone in 1 hit and are bugged. void shift cd is too long, and pw: barrier is close to useless. our pvp bonuses are close to crap as well, doesnt help at all (4p bonus helps but honestly that should be baseline if our heals are not getting buffed). spirit shell is dispellable, our damage is weak and if we are in risk of getting school locked for doing it.

there are a lot of threads like this on pvp forums, blogs, etc. plz blizzard take players feedback this time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
taking away drain mana was a stupid idea, it gave disc priests an advantage in pvp with other healers on the other team. many can debate about it, but overall you had to earn your right to win still. that being said, in shadow form i was jumped by a ret pal and enh sham, was able to kill the enhance sham befor the paladin finished me off, this was all in a 1 min period. im guessing they were amatuers since neither even used a single macro. that being said, i was stomped by a warrior in less than 45 seconds as disc, both = levels, im no newbie to pvp and how to survive, there was just literally nothing i could do. in cata, i could walk circles around warriors 1 on 1 and never die. some more input on this would be nice though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This expac release, disc pvp priests suck bad... Last expac release, though, disc pvp priests sucked REALLY bad.

The Blizz PVP Priest guy who represents us in the meetings is getting better!!! Maybe next x-pac release, instead of sucking bad or sucking really bad... we'll just suck. We'll be on par with sucking, or as some say, average suckiness.

Lemons... nah. We have Lemonade.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/02/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Wofye

Does Spirit of Redemption healing count?

:(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's not complicated and I am surprised Blizzard couldn't see the design problem.

Focused Will was a mandatory passive ability for the disc priest given we had no mobility. In MOP, we are given additional mobility and no Focused Will. The problem is that the mobility options are on a cooldown. We die to just about all melee (except for rogues this season...lol) when our escape abilities are on cooldown without Focused Will. The class is currently broken in PvP.

In summary:

Dear Blizzard,

Focused Will was passive and up 100% of the time. Our escape abilities are on a cooldown. Therefore we die like butter melting on a hot frying pan. One more thing, you couldn't figure that out without player feedback ?

By additional mobility you mean...Phantasm? Shield freedom was infinitely better for mobility than Phantasm is. And Phantasm is needed for CC and damage avoidance, using it on mobility sucks. We had much, much more mobility with shield freedom than we do now. If we really have any now to begin with. =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]