Dear Korgath....

1 Orc Rogue
I am sure there will be the jackasses that will say crap like "who are you" "cry more" etc etc, but I still wanted to throw this out there.

Some people have children, and have to get up at any given moment, without word, so its common practice to maybe ask, or give someone a good few minutes before you just blatantly boot them from group.

Two times in one day and both times I was gone for maybe 2 mins tops.

Seriously. Patience is a virtue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Or just mention something right off the bat...be like "hey guys I may have to afk a couple mins during the run, please don't boot me." You could even make a macro for it so you don't have to type it. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
^ Smart advice. As a long time player with an 8 month old - balancing the randomness of child care while playing has been an interesting task to say the least. I've now limited my game time to late at night when he's sleeping...but sometimes I'll still jump in during the day.

Making your group aware of your situation ahead of time seems like a pro idea - and if they still boot you, well then, playing with douchebags is never FUN anyway. So don't stress'em.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
^ Smart advice. As a long time player with an 8 month old - balancing the randomness of child care while playing has been an interesting task to say the least. I've now limited my game time to late at night when he's sleeping...but sometimes I'll still jump in during the day.

Making your group aware of your situation ahead of time seems like a pro idea - and if they still boot you, well then, playing with douchebags is never FUN anyway. So don't stress'em.

Hey .. Please say hi to me in game.. I need more female friends... :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Don't have kids.

Easy solution.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you say something in say/party/raid, I won't initiate or vote yes if a kick vote comes up.

If you don't say a thing, you bet your butt you're gone if you're AFK without notice.
Edited by Kaitelynn on 9/29/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]