Antagonism breaths life unto Galakrond

90 Human Paladin
Foreign players from distant realms often stumble into Galakrond, take one look around and take the first plane home. It is often asked, "What is missing from Galakrond?". The common response is skill in a grandiose sense, which is a lazy and ill-informed response. Skill is for the most part, scattered on Galakrond, holding steady in sparse cliques that go untouched. There are numerous guilds on the realm that aspire to be more then what they are, but some lack motivation, some lack direction.

There have been several occurrences of inter-guild blood feuds, "rivalries" that are closer to blind hatred then actual rivalries. These feuds that appear on Galakrond seem to lack a persona, it lacks a face, so to speak. Guilds preach to be competitive, but the competitive nature takes the form of a certain extreme. Either the competition is so friendly that complacency is easily achieved or it takes the form of a blind hatred so extreme that complacency is reached again, as these guilds are so infatuated with hating another that rumors and ignorance satiates their raiding desires.

As a GM, I get quite a few letters in the mail. On occasion it is about one of my guildmates helping another player with optimization or light-theorycraft. Occasionally I also get mail messages, chatter when I'm on an alt, and e-mails about the blind-hatred that I spoke about above. I pay no mind to either, the hatred has become common, I get frequent messages about our raiders telling them how to play, or about some exploit that they swore they were doing, etc. I often listen in on trade to see some new rumor appearing out of the woodwork. Again, I pay no mind to these messages, I can only control what Primarch does, what others choose to fabricate about this guild and others that have received similar treatment are out of my control. However, there has been a recent change of tone to these messages, a personal touch.

I was elated, about two weeks ago I started observing chatter on trade, receiving mail, emails, that were antagonistic in nature but this time, they were talking up their own guild, here is the mail message, I'll leave out the toon name for the sake of confidentiality, as I respect this person more for this.

" Have fun with your realm first, it will be gone in a few weeks at the hands of my guild. Looking forward to seeing you from the top of the mountain, hail xxxxxxxx"

For the first time since Dragon Soul first opened, I received a message of someone telling me that they were going to kick our !@#. The realm needs more of this, a lot more. This is the element the realm is lacking, true competitive nature. I'm not talking about the blind-hatred, nor am I speaking to the soft-core rib-shots,

I'm talking about confidence and guild morale.

What other premiere raiding servers have that this server does not is a true competitive nature from the raiding guilds. Sure, you can have your friendships with other guilds, but why not let them know that you are going to $%^- on them when it is time for some progression raiding? It is a true belief that is nurtured at the core of any guild, without the belief that you can compete and beat out another guild, the pursuit is meaningless and futile.

Instead of sulking at tiers of the past, embrace your raiders and pursuit a fresh start with the Mists of Pandaria. Don't be so *!@#ing soft, talk $%^-, but make it about how YOUR guild is going to kick someones *!@, and not about how the other pissed in your cereal. Regardless if you are realistically able to compete or not, that is not the point. The point is that everyone is on equal ground right now, you don't need to raid seven days a week to achieve realm first, and achieve glory for your guild, all it requires, all any guild requires is a mindset, a goal, and a belief.

With that said, I'm telling all of you right now, Primarch will destroy you in tier 14. We are more prepared, have more resources, have more skilled players, have more everything then ever before. It is your job to get mad at that last sentence, it is your job to tell me I'm wrong and prove it. This is a competitive game, not hello kitty island adventures. TELL ME that I'm a #$%^ing idiot and my guild sucks, TELL ME why your guild is better. Embrace your potential and go forth. Regardless of who wins or loses this tier 14 race, the realm can only improve when the sirens of competition blare from each of the guilds that inhabit this server.

The tier 14 progression campaign begins in 58 hours, stop collecting companion pets and join the fight.

Here is our MoP trailer to piss you off more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxM-8cbspq0
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
ure guild scuks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
barley.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Edited by Alyi on 9/23/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hi Crop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/23/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Terraformer
Hi Crop.
Hey Terra.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
:D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/23/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Terraformer
:D
How was our day?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Crop, who did you create?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/23/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Terraformer
Crop, who did you create?
John Deer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Amazing.
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Priest
You bring up good points Rene, however there are few on this realm that can actually compete, I'd say maybe 5-10 guilds. Horde side seems incredibly weak ever since provoked broke up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/23/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Moonaria
You bring up good points Rene, however there are few on this realm that can actually compete, I'd say maybe 5-10 guilds. Horde side seems incredibly weak ever since provoked broke up.
We've got a few people getting together, Renerock.
Edited by Cropmasterqq on 9/23/2012 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
*Slow clap*
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
/golfclap
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We've got a few people getting together, Renerock.

You and your posse have been here a short time and have already hopped guilds, I would suggest you take a more passive approach, it'll help with your recruitment. Littering threads with your banter and blind-accusations does little but make your image appear weak. I trust that our next encounter will be more productive. Oh and for the record, there hasn't been a decent horde guild on this realm since wotlk, provoked only lasted for one tier and only achieved 6/7h. I wish your guild the best of luck, horde side has been missing some talent for some time now.
Edited by Renerock on 9/23/2012 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
huh?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lexLAjh8fPA
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]