INCREDIBLY ANNOYING*** Water Elemental bug

90 Human Mage
I can't pinpoint where or what triggers it. But for some reason my Water Elemental occasionaly gets stuck making the Water Bolt casting noise. It is hugely annoying and aggravates me to the point of having to log out/in to stop it or muting my game volume entirely.

Have any other mages been experiencing this or is it just me?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Well at least its better than your pet spawning at 1/4 its health
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
It happens to me to. I haven't found a fix, but rather than logging out you can open up your sound settings and change the sound quality slider back and forth. It resets your driver and clears the bug, at least until the next time.

This post would have been better in the bug report forums also.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I messed around with this in the MoP beta. Near as I can tell it's related to phasing in certain areas.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Turn off game sounds. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
My mage when arcane gets stuck making an arcane noise.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Turn off game sounds, listen to music and enjoy being OP.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
I am on a Mac and I am able to fix it by going to:

Game Menu:System:Sound

and selecting a different sound device under "Game Sound Output" and selecting it back to the device I use. I have 4 devices available though (Airplay, a 3rd party device, Built-in and System default) so the solution might not work if you only have Built-in and System Default available.

I don't have to log out and back in with this method.
Edited by Wilderbonk on 11/19/2012 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]