Mists of Pandaria disc not working??

90 Night Elf Hunter
I place my new pandaria disk in the drive it is disk one, and the winodw saying run/install pops up I choose it and a nother box asks me if I allow it I choose yes. The stupi thing jumps right to the opening windo with play in it ad says my game is up to date, All it lets me do is click on play and takes me into where I was playing before. The disk will not install. WHY? This is rediculous. Is Blizzard selling messed up software or what. I am frustrated, been play for 5 years and never had a problem installing an update, now this expansion comes out and I ca not install. Yes I have cataclism installed and have had.
Please help me on what is wrong?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
I place my new pandaria disk in the drive it is disk one, and the winodw saying run/install pops up I choose it and a nother box asks me if I allow it I choose yes. The stupi thing jumps right to the opening windo with play in it ad says my game is up to date, All it lets me do is click on play and takes me into where I was playing before. The disk will not install. WHY? This is rediculous. Is Blizzard selling messed up software or what. I am frustrated, been play for 5 years and never had a problem installing an update, now this expansion comes out and I ca not install. Yes I have cataclism installed and have had.
Please help me on what is wrong?

If your'e fully updated to 5.0.5 there is no need to install anything from the disc.

The DVD's are supplied in case you want to to do a clean install.

IIRC Exact some thing happend in Wrath and Cata - everyone was all updated to the latest before the DVD come out.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Hunter
so i got my cols ed pandaria have new pc up to date with all its drivers and all that put the disc in it told me i wasnt connected to the net so i connected and then went to battle net and added the cd key meanwhile a box popped up tells me its looking for updates and starts downloading then crashed around 8 to 10% of the way in

oh i gave it a irectory when it asked to be installed into why the heck is it downloading off the net and failing and not installing from the dvd
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@Tearohanui- Is this happening on a Mac or PC? You mentioned a new PC so I need to sure you're in the right place, since this is a Mac Support forum.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I presently just got the collectors edition, went to install it and inserted the disc and nothing happened at all. The soundtrack registered but the disc itself did nothing. I have the game code and I am wondering if I should just enter it online instead of using the discs?
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Druid
Lol
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Druid
I bought a cd at game stop and these is the first time i buy a expansion and im not sure how to play it
It has an athentication key but im not sure where to type it
can someone tell me where i can type it ?
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Mage
guys I just got the game yester day I had a starter edition everything was done installing yesterday but I go to play and stuff but im still on starter edition please help
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just had my computer wiped clean, and for Christmas i got the mists of pandora cd's. as soon as i put them in my new wiped computer it let me play but i could not use the new monk class or any of the pandora new material. what should i do?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Your copy of Pandora would have a "Authentication Key" on a sticker on the QuickStart Guide. Which should be inside the DVD case the physical disk came in. You'll need to log into the battle.net website and type that key in. The instructions are laid out in the QuickStart guide.

This helpful tip was brought to you by the letter "A".
Edited by Dwarftude on 3/30/2013 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
52 Troll Druid
i am downloading the game again and im downloading them from my discs that i have and i put in disc 1 and it installs to about 26% and it says to put in disc 2 so i do then it creates another window like im downloading it again so i waited to c what would happen and it got stuck on updating blizzard launcher just wondering if anyone has any tips for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]