Getting disconnected...like, every 5 minutes.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
A possible half-way fix:

I noticed that as soon as NPCScan cached a rare I started getting d/ced every second. Deleted cache and now I can play for 15-30 min before a d/c.

I tested this again and when NPCScan cached a rare started getting d/ced again every second. Deleted cache folder and BAM back to 15-30 min before d/c.

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. But thought I'd share.

EDIT: Correction: It seems to just be the cache in general. I started d/cing like crazy even without NPCScan detecting any rares. Deleted cache. Back to 15-30. So try deleting the cache every time you start d/cing too frequently.

EDIT #2: Must've been a giant coincidence. Deleting the cache no longer gives me periods of playtime.
Edited by Gorky on 9/29/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Yeah, the first time I tried clearing the cache (at the same time as removing addons) I only got about 30 secs of playtime.

The best temp 'fix' I've found is just zoning.

I have also found that if I don't move my character around at all, I don't get disconnected.

I have to agree, I always get DC'd while walking.
85 Undead Warlock
can't bump this thread enough, Why has no blue responded back to this? I've issued a ticket and had to reissue it again because none of their info to fix it worked.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Having this problem as well, it started just this afternoon. I was completely fine before then. I've deleted my folders and restarted my comp just in case, but nothing.

Well, I gave up playing my main and am now playing my panda monk. No problems yet on her. Is there just something wrong with Pandaria then?
Edited by Nazli on 9/29/2012 4:34 PM PDT
33 Night Elf Warrior
I'm still having this same problem myself. If I can stay online long enough to zone it sometimes comes right for a while, but usually i have to exit and restart client. :(
Add a Goblin to the mix of disconnects, although when it happens I'm usually stealthed and walking somewhere. I've tried everything they've said to try and still nothing has solved the problem....I'm kinda pissed...maybe they just want me to start a pandarian? Very angry Blizzard! Very, very....very angry at you....Be easier if you just tell us what you broke and how long it'll take before you fix it....
90 Human Warlock
What they said... loads of fun. BTW it appears to be account specific and not character specific... at least for me anyway.

I guess there is always D3.
33 Night Elf Warrior
09/29/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Krimko
maybe they just want me to start a pandarian?

It happens on my panda too. It would help if people would list their system specs. Guilty of failing to do that myself!

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
RAM 2GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT220
Windows XP SP3

I've tried all the recommended steps, i.e. removing Cache, WTF and Interface folders, updating all drivers and rebooting modem. It's still happening!!! Once I log back in after a d/c it's ok so long as I stand still and don't move (usually), but as soon as I move either with keyboard or with mouse, I get d/c again.

Edit: Now it still disconnects after a client restart.
Edited by Mossmight on 9/29/2012 9:02 PM PDT
90 Tauren Warrior
A possible half-way fix:

I noticed that as soon as NPCScan cached a rare I started getting d/ced every second. Deleted cache and now I can play for 15-30 min before a d/c.

I tested this again and when NPCScan cached a rare started getting d/ced again every second. Deleted cache folder and BAM back to 15-30 min before d/c.

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. But thought I'd share.

EDIT: Correction: It seems to just be the cache in general. I started d/cing like crazy even without NPCScan detecting any rares. Deleted cache. Back to 15-30. So try deleting the cache every time you start d/cing too frequently.

EDIT #2: Must've been a giant coincidence. Deleting the cache no longer gives me periods of playtime.

This is happening to me with NPCScan disabled. I even uninstalled NPCScan entirely and dumped my entire cache folder contents. Still happening. It's something server side.

09/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Sulemahr
Patch after patch, xpac after xpac, I have seen these problems arise. The blame is placed on settings, routers, and ISP's. I find that, in the end, changes I make do nothing. In fact i find that the problem very often seems to simply disappear! I can only conclude that someone is lying. I will make no adjustments to settings, and no calls to my ISP. Blizz is responsible, and Blizz shall fix it and say nothing. It's called plausible deniability. Change nothing; it's not your or your system's fault.

This

the problem is Blizz server side. This is why you can still chat with no lag but character input and the actual game environment become unresponsive.

Blizz, stop blaming your customers' computers and their isps when you know YOU changed something. This was fine until the last batch of hotfixes went in and then the patch made it even worse.

Whatever network and performance "enhancements" you guys deployed need to be reverted until you can properly test them to make sure they work "as intended"
Edited by Mookosh on 9/29/2012 7:14 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage
Same issue, has been going on since a few weeks before MOP release when I resubbed.

It's the same thing every time: I play for a while - it could be hours. Then out of nowhere, with no sort of latency or connection issue I get a trip back to the login screen with "You have been disconnected." Once it starts, it tends to happen within seconds of logging back in until I give up.

I found a thread from way back during 4.3 talking about how motherboards with "turbo" mode was somehow triggering speed hack protection. It sounded like nonsense but whatever, I disabled all of my overclock features and now my CPU locks at x22. It seemed to help, right up until I started running dungeons. Then the disconnects hit again.

I've disabled addons, I've deleted cache and WTF and rebooted, I've disabled the in game network optimization, and I bled a goat on a new moon. Nothing has made a difference.

And in every thread I've found, dating back almost a year, none of them had an official response. In that time they haven't even added any sort of logfile or message to help troubleshoot what is going on.

Hooray.
I suspect there are two different problems in this thread. I don't see a hang where I can type in chat followed by a disconnect; it just disconnects out to the log in screen.

Also, because it can be hours of no problems followed by hours of problems, it's taking a long time (days) to test and narrow down possible solutions.
Edited by Nooly on 9/29/2012 7:29 PM PDT
33 Night Elf Warrior
So what is happening??? All the posters here had their problems fixed?
85 Gnome Mage
Nothing is fixed for me, this morning i played for 2 hours without any problem until now, dcing every couple mins.

I have tried everything, did delete all the folders, updates all my drivers, unplugged/cleaned gpu cpu ram etc. Nothing works.
33 Night Elf Warrior
Nothing works for me either. I tried everything suggested but still get same result. I was hoping that people posting here would give more information about their system in case there was some commonality but that ain't happening. This problem has totally killed this game for me! If only I knew which change it was that caused it.
85 Gnome Mage
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5492220911

There is a bluepost on eu forums. Same issue.
33 Night Elf Warrior
Thanks for posting. It seems to be a small minority of people experiencing this problem. I guess that's why it's been nearly a week and nothing has changed /sigh
90 Night Elf Warrior
Already posted this in a similar thread:

Possible solution:

I've had the same/similar problem, although with an older graphics card (amd radeon 45XX). Installed windows from scratch, got the latest graphic driver, set the graphics to lowest possible, tried directx 11 and 9 etc... system still kept crashing after 5-10min play.

What I did now, is reducing the max frame rate under advanced setting. I set both '- max foreground and background framerate - to the same value (low framerate, about 1/3 of what is possible).

I don't want to cheer too soon, but wow now runs since 90min without any crash, so those settings might have solved the issue.
90 Dwarf Warlock
09/30/2012 02:26 AMPosted by Mossmight
So what is happening??? All the posters here had their problems fixed?

Nope. I'm still having the same issues.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This is getting ridiculous. I stopped playing WoW for a little because of school, but came back to play the new expansion only to be kicked off every minute or so. I've tried all the recommended steps, i.e. removing Cache, WTF and Interface folders, updating all drivers and rebooting modem,disabling add-ons, etc. and to no avail.
I'd rather not be out 2 months of play time because Blizz cannot fix the problem on their end.

I don't play during "high" traffic times either, so this is mind boggling.

EDIT: It happens whenever I try to work on any sort of "action" for quests, such as right clicking a target - both on my main and alt toon.

NEW NEW EDIT: Installed WoW on a brand new computer ( boyfriend's Asus G75vw, until I build my new rig) and it works perfectly. I suggest that people get up to date on all the new graphic cards and whatnot to not have any connection problems.
Edited by Rivena on 10/1/2012 5:56 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]