Getting disconnected...like, every 5 minutes.

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/30/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Thaldarin
It would be really nice to get help from a blue, considering this problem has been persisting for a while now, and it's causing the game to become unplayable for most people who are experiencing it.

Daily reminder until we get a blue response.
100 Worgen Warlock
10/01/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Mandrid
I went full-out thermonuclear trying to solve this problem... I did a full re-install of Windows 7

Same.
70 Pandaren Monk
/signed
100 Human Death Knight
Been having this problem for weeks, I'd just like to say to be careful when you think you "figured it out". It comes and goes, I've done a few things that seemed to fix it(I was able to play for hours with no problem) but then later or even the next day it will come back and using the "fix" doesn't do anything anymore. I'd bet that the guy who took out a stick of RAM will be reacquainted with this crap, just as I was after I thought closing background apps or flushing DNS might have been a fix.
71 Pandaren Monk
good to see zero progress has been made on this issue. Logging in and killing 2-3 mobs just isn't that satisfying.
100 Human Paladin
09/30/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Huzhong
It's a RAM issue.

do you really believe that E V E R Y O N E in this forum complaining about the same thing would have RAM issues?

If it is a virus yes.
90 Undead Mage
The only way this will be figured out is if someone on Blizzard's end is able to look at logs and see what is going on at the time we get dropped.

Good luck making that happen.
70 Pandaren Monk
cmon blue we need to know wth is happening
100 Undead Mage
Same issue as well. Can play for hours without issue, but when the DC starts, forget it. Logging back in gives 30 seconds to a couple of minutes worth of play, and then it's back to the login screen and a dead toon if I was fighting a mob.

It's strange that we can log back in immediately after DC without issue. I just ran through this entire thread for some kind of explanation or fix and it's surprising to me that with so many posts from different people having the exact same issue that no one from blizzard has yet to comment. I have never had this problem before MoP.

We're all shelling out the cost of 4-5 brand new video games a year to Blizzard and have basically been talking to a wall in this thread. How about a "It's a known issue and we're working on it" at least? The silence is deafening Blizz.
100 Worgen Warlock
10/01/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Palastorm

do you really believe that E V E R Y O N E in this forum complaining about the same thing would have RAM issues?

If it is a virus yes.

Well then it wouldn't be a RAM issue, now would it?
90 Troll Hunter
Hopefully they have a fix planned for tuesdays maintenance. This is getting very old, very fast!!
90 Human Mage
Thread is now over a week old, 7 pages, and no blue.
90 Night Elf Mage
I ran more tests; everything is fine here... but I am learning so much about my computer! I am waiting for the restart tomorrow for any sign that someone is working on this; maybe we are too few and therefore unworthy of attention, I don't know.
90 Undead Mage
Funny thing is the times it does _not_ happen when all indicators say it should.

For example, in a 40 man Sha of anger raid with dozens of adds and all my high traffic mods like recount humming along with utorrent in the background pulling 3m/sec in both directions and 10 tabs open in firefox and mp3's playing and active virus scan setting enabled and practically everything "wrong" that can be wrong - and no disconnect or lag issue whatsoever. And I've done that fight 3 times.

Yet if I'm in an old instance, solo, AOEing things? I can do it for an hour, no problem. Then here comes your chain disconnects. Heroic instances? Not a problem. At least the first few! Then, sorry guys I'm disconnecting every 10 seconds.

Maybe it will hit after hours of play. Maybe it'll happen as soon as I log in for the day and I'm just standing in org.

But the important thing to remember, to distinguish this from a network issue - there is NO lag. No unresponsive abilities or disappearing npcs. Just instant poof to login.

And once it starts, it takes something like 15-30 minutes to go away.

I have a fresh install of WoW sitting here to try. I'd rather take a drill to my head than play without addons, but just for the sake of elimination I'll go ahead and waste a day or more playing and thinking its fixed until it happens again.

My CS ticket got a hilarious form letter response twice now, btw.

EDIT: Before I drink the kool-aid and play all day without mods (/wrist) I'll play with dx9 enabled until I get punted, then with the 32-bit client. May as well get a nice full list going.

I've already been chain-disconnected running only bt4 and bindpad, the two mods I can't possibly play without.
Edited by Kreugen on 10/1/2012 3:02 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
I've been having this exact problem since Firelands came out. Spent many many hours trying to fix it. Windows reinstall, WoW reinstall, new CPU, GPU, Ram, you name it, I did it. Nothing worked.

What's so weird is that I can go a full day without disconnecting once but then the next day I'll be disconnecting the whole day.
100 Draenei Shaman
I am having the exact same things happen Kreugen. I would totally understand if it was during aoes or other things that always cause DCS...but I am dcing at completely random times.
33 Night Elf Warrior
Update: my disconnection problem has been resolved. In my case what seems to have happened is that once I updated my account to MOP, all my graphics settings were boosted by Blizzard without accounting for my older CPU and graphics card.. Once I lowered these settings I stopped getting disconnected. I'm very relieved to have it sorted out but extremely disappointed in the lack of decent tech support from Blizzard on this issue. I hope you guys manage to resolve your issues too.

Edit: After 2 hours without problems, the disconnects have started again!!!
Edited by Mossmight on 10/1/2012 7:08 PM PDT
86 Goblin Rogue
I get instantly DC'd upon login I think it has something to do with school firewall.
85 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Mossmight
Update: my disconnection problem has been resolved. In my case what seems to have happened is that once I updated my account to MOP, all my graphics settings were boosted by Blizzard without accounting for my older CPU and graphics card.. Once I lowered these settings I stopped getting disconnected. I'm very relieved to have it sorted out but extremely disappointed in the lack of decent tech support from Blizzard on this issue. I hope you guys manage to resolve your issues too.

Tried this, no luck.
90 Human Warrior
Since I have been playing Padoria, I also am being disconnected VERY often...ever 15 min. or so...filed a ticket and got a two page single line directions to do. My computer is fine, checked by a tech. It has to be in the game. It never happened before .
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]