Necessary to nerf mages, Specifically Frost

90 Human Paladin
I'm not normally a big QQer about X class is overpowered, but I'm actually being frustrated by frost mages. I'm getting crit for 50k+ by (i believe it is called this) frost bomb, combined with 25k instant cast ice lances. Every other class takes ~10 seconds to kill me without my self healing, I'm being killed by a mage before i even realise they are there in world pvp or in a big group battle. I've got 62 percent damage reduction and its still doing that much.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You'll have a lot more health, more than what the damage will scale up to at 90. I know it sucks right now but it will be better at 90 I'm sure. Not saying it still won't be OP, but we won't insta gib you like what's happening now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This. Should we nerf hunters across the board because they dominate the level 19 bracket? of course not, because PvP should be balanced around the level cap.

The level cap is currently level 90.

Any experiences had at level 85 should be considered low level pvp, and complaints should not be made until we see level 90 PvP.

If mages aren't allowed to dominate the 80-84 and 85 brackets, then paladins should be nerfed across the board for dominating 60-80 brackets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yeah, the game is pretty broken right now at 85. I just did a heroic dungeon and was consistently pulling off the tank. Hahaha.

Anyway, the good news is everything changes tomorrow and at 90, the game is completely different than it currently is. So get out and have fun!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Garithel, a simple matter of changing the scaling would be sufficient.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Frost bomb is an initial cast with a back-loaded burst. It does temendous damage if it goes off on a frozen target, and when it does go off we always get our instant frostfire bolt afterwards. If a mage frost bombs you and you don't notice for 4 seconds, then that mage has a very strong advantage over you in a 1v1 (assuming you were killing quest mobs or otherwise alone in a battlefield). My point is, losing (even losing badly) in this situation is not a very good argument to nerf mages. If you stood still at range while a warlock dotted you for 4 seconds before reacting, or you let a rogue open on you with ambush (not cheap shot), and didn't react for 4 seconds, you wouldn't have any reasonable argument to expect a fair fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
God you're a ret paladin.. just pop your non dispellable avenging wrath, guardian of ancient kings and trollololol while you hammer of wrath us to death while we helplessly run away realising there was no point staying out of melee range since we are already dead.
Reply Quote
For years mages suffered from WoW imba and now we are finally decent and everyone cries overpowered. Mages were created to be glass cannons, thats what we are now and what we will always be.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I know people don't like hearing this "excuse", but it's the truth. Spells scale differently at 85 than they do at 90, and we also all have a new spell and a new talent; both of which are -rather- useful for paladins.

At the end of the expansion, everyone is overgeared and everyone is imbalanced. Give it a wait and see before nerfs are cried for. Even then, it's possible everyone else needs buffs; no one ever seems to think that one.

"Nerf mages!"

Why not buff other classes, since mages seem to be at a good place right now? Things aren't always so black and white.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/24/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Tyler
I'm not normally a big QQer

You have numerous problems that need addressing. First you arent using a PvP trinket thus leaving only one escape from a deep freeze (bubble). And the most important one, why arent you cleansing Frost Bomb?
Reply Quote
In 4.3 dueling rets, they could kill me without ever connecting.

now you can't.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Tyler
Garithel, a simple matter of changing the scaling would be sufficient.

Why? We'll scale to 90 and be fine.

Like honestly wait less than a day and we'll all level up and get some gear and it'll be fine.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
I'm not normally a big QQer about X class is overpowered, but I'm actually being frustrated by frost mages. I'm getting crit for 50k+ by (i believe it is called this) frost bomb, combined with 25k instant cast ice lances. Every other class takes ~10 seconds to kill me without my self healing, I'm being killed by a mage before i even realise they are there in world pvp or in a big group battle. I've got 62 percent damage reduction and its still doing that much.

Why is it ALWAYS a paladin or warrior crying on forums?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Really, Why in the freaking hell do you come to a mage board to QQ about mages. S T F U.

Why the hell is it always paladins. ???
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Game is primarily balanced around pve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Finally mages are in a good place and the ret pallies and warriors come in screaming for nerfs, as other people have said just wait it out, at 90 if we are ridiculously OP then come calling for nerfs until then just wait.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nerf the mages....make pvp a skill not a class. Thanks for the windows reset too. Mages need more set up time and execution like the rest of the classes.....glad I didn't resubscribe to this looser !@#$!!! 3 million down for you Blizztards untill you figure it out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Actually, yes, mages DO need a nerf. A 30s burst window is retarded, given the amount of cc they can spam and cycle through the members of an arena. Frostbomb, and instant rings are ridiculous. And I'm sorry, but I don't see how it makes sense for a mage to be able to blink out of stuns. If you're teleporting while stunned, stunned, how do you know you won't end up in a wall? Underground? There can be a tweak that makes it break stuns but not teleport you, or it could be that the stun increases the cd of blink. Roots need to be completely reworked. Idc if they dr against each other. All types of root cc needs to dr against itself, and/or the dr needs to be longer.

Mage damage isn't any more retarded than any other class' burst, just the 0-100mph in 2 seconds ramp up time that needs a rework, not just on mages, but all classes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]