Xmog, Unused Models, and you.

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Transmogrification has been a great feature, breathing life into old instances to get that sweet look.

In my many xmog runs, I've noticed or recalled several, brilliant, unused models.

Some Examples:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=45926/monster-vrykul-sword-2h-ulduar
http://www.wowhead.com/item=82382#.
The unused Hunter, Rogue, Warrior, and Mage t5-lookalike Weapons.
The third/fourth coloration of t12 (Purple Mage t12, Blue Hunter t12)

I figure these were not implemented either due to time, or not wanting to make new items for models when transmog did not exist.

My ideal solution is:
-Make statless epics for the sake of transmog.
-You get these items by using Raid Drops from the relevant content as currency.
--(IE: For the Ulduar 2H I linked - it could cost 10 Runed Orbs; T5 Lookalike weapons could cost 10 Mark of the Illidari)

Thoughts? Anymore unused models? Cookies?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I want the Red Wrath set.

Parts of it (at least shoulders) dropped from Karazhan between the Green Lawbringer patch and the Ugly crap patch.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
Argent Crusader's Shield
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Archeology items, maybe? I would love to see Arch become a source for transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Sometimes I think it's because the item developers and graphic artists aren't quite on the same page. There's a lot of weapons in WotLK that were made specifically for the various 5-mans but instead of using those models they ended up using more generic ones instead. Some of these did end up getting used when they introduced the 3 Icecrown 5-mans but a lot of them remain unused.

They also seem to make 3-5 different colors of every piece of armor and weapon, even though only 1 or 2 of them end up getting used. Would be nice if we can simply choose a color when transmogging, although have one color reserved for heroic versions of the gear. There's a few tier sets I wish were available in a different color (like the blue T10 that Muradin wears or the blue version of T12).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]