Battle.net Agent Update

90 Blood Elf Priest
Is this a legitimate Blizzard request? I keep getting a Battle.net Agent Update when I open my Blizzard Launcher. Personally, I don't trust the damn popup, but it's starting to be annoying. I ran my Scanner to check my PC, so I don't know if the request is legitimate or not. I'm going to assume that it isn't. Any help?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
09/21/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Aenathas
Is this a legitimate Blizzard request?

Yes it is. The launcher is basically a client meant to display info about what's being done while the 'Update Agent' does everything from installing to patching and launching the game.
Edited by Barthus on 9/21/2012 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/21/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Barthus
Is this a legitimate Blizzard request?

Yes it is. The launcher is basically a client meant to display info about what's being done while the 'Update Agent' does everything from installing to patching and launching the game.

Until the 5.0.4 Patch, I've never seen it before. Are you sure?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Wow now uses the same launcher as diablo 3 which could be why you may have not seen this new behavour before.

Quite legitimate and effecting everyone updating from 4.3.x
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wow now uses the same launcher as diablo 3 which could be why you may have not seen this new behavour before.

Quite legitimate and effecting everyone updating from 4.3.x

Alright. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a virus, et cetera.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Mage
This was helpful :D
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Priest
It's a Dev's inside joke - they named it Agent to scare folk :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The update agent is running every time I try to start WoW. It stops before it finishes and I now cannot play the game. What do I do?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]