Use Item Script

100 Night Elf Hunter
So I started with this macro:

#showtooltip [nocombat]Shadowmeld;Feign Death
/cast [nocombat]Shadowmeld(Racial);Archmage Vargoth's Staff
/castsequence [combat]reset=30 Feign Death,Shadowmeld(Racial)

And what this does is, shadowmeld out of combat, and cast feign death in combat, followed by shadowmeld, which resets on a 30 sec cd... Now in addition to that I have Archmage Vargoth's Staff, which causes the ghost wizard to pop up and just kinda stand there. I've been using this macro since BC, but I wanted to make it more accurate when I look at it.

As it is now, I cannot see the cd on shadowmeld in combat, and I'm forced to specify the tooltip because other wise the staff only shows up.

SOO looking at scripting and stuff, I understand I would not have to specify the tooltip if I could use the staff with a script... What I came to was:

/script UseContainerItem(4, 22)

And that would supposedly use the staff in my inventory without having it interfere with the rest of the spell tooltips in my macro. The trouble is, APPARENTLY, that particular script is "protected" and cannot be used, or so says the warning I get when I try it.

So, anyone know how I can get around this... "Blizzard block"? Or heck, if you know another way to make it so the staff does not show up as a tooltip that would be cool too.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
/use 4 22

is the secure version of /run UseContainerItem(4,22).

Using items in combat is a protected action as you've noticed. But you can use /slash commands (other than /run or /script) to use items if they exist.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/22/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Vailgalent
As it is now, I cannot see the cd on shadowmeld in combat, and I'm forced to specify the tooltip because other wise the staff only shows up.

Put Archmage Vargoth's Staff on an empty ActionButton and change MultiBarRightButton1 to its location.

#showtooltip
/click [combat] MultiBarRightButton1
/castsequence [combat] reset=30 Feign Death, Shadowmeld; Shadowmeld
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/22/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Kusse

Put Archmage Vargoth's Staff on an empty ActionButton and change MultiBarRightButton1 to its location.

#showtooltip
/click [combat] MultiBarRightButton1
/castsequence [combat] reset=30 Feign Death, Shadowmeld; Shadowmeld

Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted. I didn't know you could reference other buttons using a macro.

Hmm.. for future reference, would it be safe to assume that I could use a similar macro to reference a 2nd macro, if I were to put that 2nd macro on an action bar?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted. I didn't know you could reference other buttons using a macro.

You're welcome.

09/22/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Vailgalent
Hmm.. for future reference, would it be safe to assume that I could use a similar macro to reference a 2nd macro, if I were to put that 2nd macro on an action bar?

If it will work in one macro, you can split the macro into two separate macros.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]