So I hear they're adding class changes...

55 Gnome Warrior
Will this apply to death knights? I'd love to make a level 50 death knight and class change him. Insta 50.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
They're not gonna be adding class changes, ever. This will lead to a huge amount of bad fotm class changers. If they added this, I would very likely stop playing the game.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Warrior
Uh its gonna be very expensive, so not worth it, but yes they're adding it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/22/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Silversteel
Uh its gonna be very expensive, so not worth it, but yes they're adding it.

until you provide a source im marking this as troll
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Warrior
Wow, so easy to jump to the term troll,

http://blog.weflyspitfires.com/2010/04/01/wow-to-offer-paid-class-change/
Reply Quote
notice how that info was posted over 2 years ago and is not a legitimate blizzard source.

its not gonna happen
/thread
Edited by Kusari on 9/22/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Warrior
Oh damnit, I mis-read the patch notes, so I went and googled it for proof. I really look like an idiot :/
Reply Quote
You would really quit the game over paid class changes? You crazy ... I like you, but you crazy!
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Gojiberry
You would really quit the game over paid class changes? You crazy ... I like you, but you crazy!

That'd be a terrible idea, I'm not gonna have this game ruined for me by 191919 terribad fotm re-rollers.
Reply Quote
I guess I just don't feel like people completely changing their class can actually make them any worse than some of the randoms I've ended up with. If you run randoms a lot then I can see your point, I suppose.

I'm sure Blizzard would love to implement it, but can't because too many people would be upset haha
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Gojiberry
If you run randoms a lot then I can see your point, I suppose.

That's basically the only thing I do when I'm not raiding, Random BG's and dungeons. You're also not thinking about it though, the new expansion is coming out in 3 days, stuff's gonna be changing a lot which would mean more people playing a changing class they already don't know about.
Reply Quote
Totally not arguing just for the sake of arguing here ... just wanted to say that off the bat. This tangent actually interests me. It's not that I'm not thinking about it. I am thinking, believe it or not haha. I just don't always see other perspectives right away :)

I feel like some people are good at the type of game WoW is and some people are terrible at it. I could take someone good at the game and switch their class and within an hour they will be competent enough to instance with randoms. Someone else we could give years of playing the same class and they won't be as good as someone who has spent 1 hour. That's an extreme theoretical example, of course.

Also the more things that change with a new xpac, the easier it is to pick up a new class. You can learn it without being stuck in any old habits.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If blizzard really wanted money they could easily add it. Make it like $30 or even up to some stupid $50. I bet people would still pay.
Reply Quote
Totally not arguing just for the sake of arguing here ... just wanted to say that off the bat. This tangent actually interests me. It's not that I'm not thinking about it. I am thinking, believe it or not haha. I just don't always see other perspectives right away :)

I feel like some people are good at the type of game WoW is and some people are terrible at it. I could take someone good at the game and switch their class and within an hour they will be competent enough to instance with randoms. Someone else we could give years of playing the same class and they won't be as good as someone who has spent 1 hour. That's an extreme theoretical example, of course.

Also the more things that change with a new xpac, the easier it is to pick up a new class. You can learn it without being stuck in any old habits.

Your opinion may be right, I personally can't stand this idea in an MMORPG, just bleh, I can see what you mean by this being a good idea from PvE/P stand points though.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Niernen
If blizzard really wanted money they could easily add it. Make it like $30 or even up to some stupid $50. I bet people would still pay.

They just have to be careful since they are playing a game of politics with their massive customer base. If people quit because they offer paid class changes they might lose more money than they make.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Jäckßauer
I personally can't stand this idea in an MMORPG

I feel ya, brother. You made some points that help me understand your perspective. I actually agree with Kusari that they won't implement class changes ever.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

I'm sure Blizzard would love to implement it, but can't because too many people would be upset haha

What? That hasn't stopped CRZ :)
Edited by Abracadavera on 9/22/2012 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What? That hasn't stopped CRZ :)

I love CRZ world pvp, fun as hell.

We get stomped by KT though. !@#$ing douchebag K'T players.
Edited by Jäckßauer on 9/22/2012 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
09/22/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Silversteel
Oh damnit, I mis-read the patch notes, so I went and googled it for proof. I really look like an idiot :/

You do, especially since you think DKs start at level 50 =P (55)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]