Hardest Thing You've Ever Solo'd?

90 Human Warrior
After doing some of the Glory of the Hero achievements last night (solo'ing a good majority of them) it made me wonder- what is the hardest thing you've ever solo'd in game?

I found out last night when solo'ing Ley Guardian Eregos in Heroic Oculus. The mechanics of that fight make it nearly impossible even today. After experimenting with the drake mechanics and using some maneuvers to avoid his Arcane Barrage (an ability that does 15k+ damage to a drake with only 75k heath, which is cast almost every second). I finally got him down to around 650k when my drake died, I landed on the platform and luckily he was in melee range so I pop'd all my cooldowns and killed him after 30+ attempts. It was epic.
Edited by Azzinoth on 9/23/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Every time I try to solo him and get knocked off the mount, he disappears and resets.

I am sad.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Warlock
Hardest thing I've probably soloed is Onyxia and it isn't even hard, just a little time-consuming as a Blood DK in P2. ;(

That or a few Naxx bosses. (Soloed something like 8/12 of them, give or take 1)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Every time I try to solo him and get knocked off the mount, he disappears and resets.

I am sad.

I can't wait to give it another shot on another drake today! I need the Ruby Void achievement yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Instructor Razuvious in Naxx 10. Blizz gave him a swing timer, i swear. Normal hit for 20k, Normal hit for 20k unblancing strike for 80k at the same time. You have died RAGE. Took me 3 tries to get him
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Priest
Soloing Anzu as a priest at level 80 was very difficult. I couldn't dispel his spellbomb curse. It took me many, many deaths to finally get a way that worked and even then it wasn't always guaranteed. I felt good when I killed him, though.

Also, soloing the tiger boss in ZG as a shadow priest was almost impossible as well, but I managed it once. No mount, of course, but it was still pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Anok'suten on my first priest when BC first came out

lvl 10 priest, no penance, no heirlooms, three tries...got him after a few lucky crits, clearing every other mob around and kiting the ever loving !@#$ out of him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/23/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Leathiuk
Instructor Razuvious in Naxx 10. Blizz gave him a swing timer, i swear. Normal hit for 20k, Normal hit for 20k unblancing strike for 80k at the same time. You have died RAGE. Took me 3 tries to get him

That's really surprising as a Blood DK!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
War
"Hard" is a....hard thing to define. In terms of timing cd's perfectly with my death strikes and blood shield, 25 man razuvius is definitely up on the list.
Reply Quote
82 Worgen Druid
Hogger.

...Nah, I'm just kidding. I could never solo Hogger at-level.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Sarth 2D on my bear druid. =D (Might have been 1D, but I think I remember two drakes)

Can't do 3D; barely managed to not die from the whelps on 2D. Or whatever it was that made Sarth hit for 80% of my health in one swing.
Edited by Trareg on 9/23/2012 7:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
42 Human Warlock
Argaloth in BH 10 is probably my proudest solo.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
On my shaman about 5 years ago there was a level 30ish quest in Stonetalon where you had to kill some named guy with 2 adds at the back of a cave.. the corpse run was about 15 minutes. I remember an evening of corpse runs and various methods of kiting before I finally got it.

Now I end every single fight while questing at 100% health. So there's that.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Instructor Razuvious in full dps gear. I've soloed all of Naxx 10 as well.
Edited by Jäckßauer on 9/23/2012 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Insert Mom Joke
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Reliquary of Souls as demo lock.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
As an 85 Blood DK I soloed Leotheras the Blind in Serpentshrine Caverns. Probably considered easier by todays standards, but I did this before the balance changes in 4.3 and in a mix of 346/359 gear. When he switches to demon form, he applied a stacking debuff which made his damage output very unpleasant. His human form was manageable and a time to recover health. Proper cooldown management was a necessity in order not to die to it.

At 15% health, the fight turns into a DPS race with both forms active simultaneously. Its usually here that I died, but once I got a good grasp of the fight mechanics I eventually overcame it.

Try out the fight today, its still somewhat challenging.

Some people thought it was unfair I could loot 150 gold right off a boss, but I think that one was really worth it.
Edited by Rockpops on 9/23/2012 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Not really a solo...but taming Deth'tilac.

I didnt read how to do it, I just read he had to be low hp to tame. So in firelands gear, I had to bring down a 77,490,000 health spider. I kited that thing for over and hour, and even killed an alliance while doing so.

It was ridiculous. But I felt rewarded at the end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]