Optimization Error..

89 Troll Rogue
I haven't played WoW in months because of a new job but I wanted to start back up again.
SO..

I log in so it can do the WoW Migration Set Up.
It says 'Your installation of World of Warcraft must be optimized before you can play. This process takes 15-60 minutes and should not be canceled once it begins. Do you wish to proceed?"
Begin.
Then it comes up with

ERROR: The file "/Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/deE/expansion1-locale-deDE.MPQ" is read only and cannot be overwritten. Please try installing to a different location. (ConflictManager::DeleteFile)

Do I need to just completely uninstall WoW and reinstall it? Or can I just pick up the whole file and move it somewhere else?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/23/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Kevjallyia
ERROR: The file "/Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/deE/expansion1-locale-deDE.MPQ" is read only and cannot be overwritten. Please try installing to a different location. (ConflictManager::DeleteFile)

This is just a permissions error. Try this and see if it helps.

Reset the permissions on your World of Warcraft folder
    1. Select the World of Warcraft folder
    2. Press Command + I
    3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
    4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
    5. Click on the Action icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items
Reply Quote
89 Troll Rogue
Thanks, I just did that but unfortunately the same error is coming up. :/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Did you make sure you did the step to include all enclosed items? Just because it already says it, doesn't mean everything inside of it has the same permission. This step is often missed.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Rogue
Yes I did
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Im having the same problem, been trying to fix this for hours it seems to be 3 or 4 threads with the same problem from what ive seen so far.. the only thing i havent tried yet is fully uninstalling and reinstalling..
Reply Quote
89 Troll Rogue
I did it again just to double check it all, still won't work :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
ive tried everything said on the other threads complaining of the same problem, everyone else, and myself all have definetly checked and re checked , disabled and renabled, and yet although it says its read and write.. when try the migration it still says its read only
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Please Help Machkhan :( ive been at this for hours and im sleepy
Reply Quote
Having the same problem here, checked all my permissions and 'everyone' has Read &Write permission on the WoW folder and the Data folder referenced in the error:

ERROR: The file "/Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/deDE/expansion1-locale-deDE.MPQ" is read only and cannot be overwritten. Please try installing to a different location. (ConflictManager::DeleteFile)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
So, do me a favor and look in your /Applications/World of Warcraft/Data folder and tell me if you see a deDE folder.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i see no specific folder starting with the letters deDe
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter
I am following this thread too. I do not see a specific folder starting with the letters deDe either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
ill stay here till we solve this if possible machkahn, please, ive seen atleast 10 other people with this same problem, would be nice to find out why this is happening to some.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter
I appreciate that as well, thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
These are the folders in my data folder -

Cache
enUS
Interface
art.MPQ
base-OSX.MPQ
expansion1.MPQ
expansion2.MPQ
expansion3.MPQ
sound.MPQ
world.MPQ
world2.MPQ
wow-update-base-15211.MPQ
wow-update-base-15354.MPQ
wow-update-base-15595.MPQ
wow-update-base-16016.MPQ
wow-update-base-16048.MPQ
wow-update-base-16057.MPQ
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you post a screenshot of this so I can verify? If this is pointing to a non-existant folder, I would like to get a screenshot and add it to my report.

In my case, I do actually have a deDE folder in my Data folder: http://i46.tinypic.com/15drn8.png
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You appear to have multiple files i do not... hmm.. i cant post a screenshot, can you fizz?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter
Yes trying to figure out how to upload a pic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]