Tanks who stand in fire.

90 Orc Death Knight
Anyone else loving the rush from standing in avoidable magic effects and stacking Vengeance to obscene levels? Sure, in heroic raids, it's probably a dumb move, as stuff hits hard enough already, but in heroic 5-mans and LFR, I'm running around and soaking puddles so I can get my adrenaline fix.

I'd figure healers would complain, but none have so far. Maybe they like the rush as much as I do.

I can see some really interesting encounter designs where a tank might have to stand in something to get the dps necessary to kill a mob in time.
Edited by Kilmore on 9/24/2012 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/24/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Bittermoon
Maybe it hardly matters when both you and the healers overgear the content? Might not be such a good idea when you're in level appropriate gear.

I've been standing in fire as a DK since Wrath
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As a Healer, I support this. You'll do more DPS, the dungeon will end faster, my heals will be more effective. Everybody wins--except the melee dps that end up following you into the fire. :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No but i did talk my guild into letting me solo tank madness. Of course with the extra dps the tentacles always went down before the 2nd impale =(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/24/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Celyndrashad
No but i did talk my guild into letting me solo tank madness. Of course with the extra dps the tentacles always went down before the 2nd impale =(

Most LFR tanks won't taunt, and lolfr dps usually sucks... XD
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/24/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Judgesyou

Most LFR tanks won't taunt, and lolfr dps usually sucks... XD

But then id have to do LFR!

Why would anyone subject themselves to that type of torture?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Because it's easy and I get to feel superior
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
09/24/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Qùess
Everybody wins--except the melee dps that end up following you into the fire. :(

But that's still a win for everyone else.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock

[Gibbers incoherently about the HM Blackhorn shield being RED]
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

haha. :D I don't mind that.

(though I did go get the LFR version too!)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

It was a plot to get heroic level tanks into tanking LFR for one damned item that all but never dropped...for weeks on end till they finally asplode from frustration.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

It was a plot to get heroic level tanks into tanking LFR for one damned item that all but never dropped...for weeks on end till they finally asplode from frustration.

I got a lot of sh*t for rolling need on it, but my co-tank was a DK... I was like yoink!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just know your limits and make sure your healer is aware.
Otherwise they'll think you're just bad.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
09/24/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Judgesyou
Maybe it hardly matters when both you and the healers overgear the content? Might not be such a good idea when you're in level appropriate gear.

I miss AMS giving RP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just know your limits and make sure your healer is aware.
Otherwise they'll think you're just bad.

Or they'll think they're pro.

I miss Maiden back in the day for timing stepping into Consecrate to break out of Repentance as a healer.
Reply Quote
64 Draenei Death Knight
09/24/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Tuesdays

I miss AMS giving RP.

They brought it back to all specs again. I hear its at reduced levels though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Anyone else loving the rush from standing in avoidable magic effects and stacking Vengeance to obscene levels? Sure, in heroic raids, it's probably a dumb move, as stuff hits hard enough already, but in heroic 5-mans and LFR, I'm running around and soaking puddles so I can get my adrenaline fix.

I'd figure healers would complain, but none have so far. Maybe they like the rush as much as I do.

I can see some really interesting encounter designs where a tank might have to stand in something to get the dps necessary to kill a mob in time.

lol 35%
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/24/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Austeros
lol 35%

Totally. Without that stupid nerf in place, we'd be getting ~50% more AP from it :).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
09/24/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Slashlove
I miss Maiden back in the day for timing stepping into Consecrate to break out of Repentance as a healer.

That was pretty awesome. Kara had some fun fight mechanics, at least for those of us who were big enough scrubs to have never experienced a raid before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]