MOP newbie question: No boats to Pandaria?

This was the first xpac I didnt get into beta for (both good and bad depending on how you look at it)

But the one thing I read is that you TELEPORT to Pandaria?

Is this true or was I being trolled?

No boats to Pandaria?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Players will get to Pandaria via new quests from Orgrimmar and Stormwind. The quests are short and sweet to make sure players can get into the new continent as fast as possible. Initially, adventurers venture beyond the mists via gunships stationed in capital cities at level 85. There will be no conventional means of accessing Pandaria later such as ships or zeppelins, and will be linked to the rest of the world by portals leading to Jade Forest, that can be cast by a mage or be found in pandaren encampments in Stormwind City or Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
Bah, I miss the epic boat rides like the entrance into Howling Fjord - oh well
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
What a travesty. I remember the first time crossing through the Dark Portal, standing in awe of the demons battling. I loved the boat/zepplin rides to Northrend.

No surprise they're just gonna tele us there and not run any boats/zeps. It's not like this is an epic MMO RPG where you are part of a world. Just click the dungeon finder, and teleport to the content.

What a disgrace. Blizzard, you've lost it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What a travesty. I remember the first time crossing through the Dark Portal, standing in awe of the demons battling. I loved the boat/zepplin rides to Northrend.

No surprise they're just gonna tele us there and not run any boats/zeps. It's not like this is an epic MMO RPG where you are part of a world. Just click the dungeon finder, and teleport to the content.

09/24/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Theberserker
Initially, adventurers venture beyond the mists via gunships stationed in capital cities at level 85.
Reply Quote
but where in stormwind city...?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
12/19/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Tawark
but where in stormwind city...?

Take a look around. See anything new? Such as that huge Asian-style balloon that wasn't there during Cataclysm?

Maaaaybe there's pandas under it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
yes ...

Why no boats to travel from "Esatern Kingdom" to Pandaria?
or from Kalimdor, Northrend or from?
makes no sense ... this lack of choice

the shipping industry collapsed upon reaching Pandaria?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
traveling in a boat or zeppelin is more entertaining

I remember traveling to Northrend even being level 66, I had no quests, no flying mount, but I felt like a discoverer ...
fleeing on horseback all,
and dying on every corner ... lol

I miss that for my other toons

09/24/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Vesica

Edited by Lucielth on 7/16/2014 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]