Best MoP Spec??

90 Draenei Death Knight
Hey, I've been inactive for around 2-3 months and am now rejoining for MoP. I was wondering what the best MoP spec will be for DK Dps. I consider myself a fairly decent Unholy pulling around 45-50k in normal DS. If you guys could just tell me what will be more OP, Frost or Unholy I can do the rest of the research from there. Also, if it will be situational as to which is better similar to how DS was let me know. THANKS!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Frost does more burst damage and whatnot, whilst unholy has much more survivability and is actually proved to be a better spec to run if you know what you're doing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Frost is, I tend to open as DW and then wep swap for the sustained damage of 2H keeping a happy middle ground between haste and mastery. Still 90kish on spine after 5.0

DW=Mastery
2H=Haste
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Frost is, I tend to open as DW and then wep swap for the sustained damage of 2H keeping a happy middle ground between haste and mastery. Still 90kish on spine after 5.0

DW=Mastery
2H=Haste

Please show us this 90k. I only ask cause unless you're a fluke you'd be doing over well over double what unholy was able to do even do before the patch and at least 3-4 times what many frost doing heroic heroic spine have been pulling off in the last 2 months. Please show us your 90k.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
My guild mate breaks 110k 2h frost. So Nicoderm doing 90k is quite reasonable.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/23/2012 03:46 AMPosted by Bluèsteel

Uhmm, your guild mate might be lying too you if he just flat out told you that without proof.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

DW=Mastery
2H=Haste

09/23/2012 03:46 AMPosted by Bluèsteel
Logs or I don't believe either of these statements.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Uhmm, your guild mate might be lying too you if he just flat out told you that without proof.

It was likely possible with Gurth + Unholy Blight on some fights before the 20th hotfix. I just question the 90k on heroic spine when the best that world of logs has seen in the last lil bit was in the 20k's for heroic and it was unholy beating frost before that and unholy was still showing up ahead. Burst dps when bloods are up can put you at that type of dps while they are alive and truthfully a dps who knows what they are doing will do better than those that don't. I wouldn't even count LFR that truly lets you do things you may not get away with in an actual heroic raid. The only other one that would have let them do large damage would be a fight like Zon'ozz with it's damage raises.

Either way I'd love to see someone pulling 90-110k in normal fights. Lastly that better not be numbers in Well of Eternity cause that was doable and then some. Another fun one is kiting all at the insects in the long gauntlet in AQ40 and then killing them. Doing like 2.5 million damage in a matter of a few seconds. Back with the gurth procs out of control I think one pull was 210k and another 160k.

p.s.

The best dps on spine seen was a legendary SP at like 68k. Call me crazy but if people could do that much dps since the patch they would have shown up and a nerf bat would have happened already.
Edited by Tor on 9/23/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My brother-in-law's buddy's goldfish does 847k DPS on non gimmick fights. I'll see if I can dig up a log of it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
To actually answer Titús' question:

- Frost has high burst and better sustained damage throughout the majority of a fight
- Unholy is a bit behind Frost until the execute phase where it pulls ahead by a considerable margin by spamming Soul Reaper

From what I understand Unholy will be the preferred spec as it pulls overall higher numbers once you hit that execute phase.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Frost is the way to go. By the way I heard boomkins do around 170k on DW
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i've seen dks that are lvl 83/84 pulling 20 to 28 k dps
so its not all that hard to belive that lvl 90's can do 100k plus.

not sure what spec they were.
Edited by Cöne on 10/5/2012 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]