Tank Lounge 48: Tanknam Style

39 Worgen Warlock
09/29/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Leeflow
and silver on challenges are perfectly doable .. but gold .. good lord, there's some shenanigans involved =o

Good. Let's hope it stays that way.

Any tidbits you want to toss out?
90 Pandaren Monk
and silver on challenges are perfectly doable .. but gold .. good lord, there's some shenanigans involved =o

Good. Let's hope it stays that way.

Any tidbits you want to toss out?

there's no new boss mechanics, from what I noticed there's only minor detail changes, and "previously irrelevant things" turned into things you really have to pay attention.

For example on the water boss on Jade temple, there's a small jet of water he toss on whoever is too far away from him, on heroic you need to be miles away from him and it deals really crap dmg .. (tbh I never even noticed on heroic) ..

but on challenge mode each jet hits for like 60k-70k .. so it's not something you can ignore and it activates like 25y away from the boss, so you HAVE to have the group clumped near him. Or on Gate of the Setting Sun, that flying boss that roams around spitting fire in the room (and poison puddles) ... they tick for 90k per sec =p. And the boss when he grabs someone it easily does ~400k over time to them (and it can target the healer =p ).

everything hits a LOT harder .. some mobs hit for 60-80k per swing. Which is quite hard =p ..

there's new patrols .. some pulls can easily be linked by patrols and considering you have to cc 1-2 mobs per pull (if it's 3+ packs) .. a early broken CC with a pat nearby can easily turn into a wipe.

you can't just rush in, pull and zerg things. A bad pull with a certain mob not CC'd can easily make things go downhill. He can cast something that deals obscene amount of dmg .. a heal that's not interrupted can easily heal over half of the mobs hp .. etc etc.

We were VERY close to silver .. (around 1-3 min depending on the instance) .. so it's really doable with heroic gear.

but yeh, it's all about communication, knowing what to cc, being efficient on avoiding unecessary dmg and doing as much dmg as possible.

If they don't nerf, 90% of the playerbase wont go beyond bronze =p
Edited by Leeflow on 9/29/2012 10:57 AM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
09/29/2012 03:17 AMPosted by Ashguard
Im hearing that alchemy is better for tanks then Jewelcrafting..anyone agree..i would like some peoples opinion before i make that jump and start buying mats
Wasn't it before? Or at least competitive, with additional options..

81 stat with JC, or mastery elixir + 30% and armor/resist elixir + 30%, or Steelskin + 30%.

Except Mixo isn't flat 30%; e.g. 51% with armor elixir.

Dear Blizzard,

Please fix the Unholy Blight and Howling Blast bug.

Love, Foibles.

What's the bug?

I didn't both to take UB as Frost, because I can spam AE diseases, and PS-Pest if I really want the second one, with no CD, for the price of an OB.

So I have no experience with the bug.

Challenging heroics, with a reward? ZOMGYES.
Edited by Guidance on 9/29/2012 11:13 AM PDT
39 Worgen Warlock
09/29/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Leeflow

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. This excites me greatly.

I can't WAIT to bash my head against this brick wall repeatedly. I can't WAIT. :D:D:D
90 Orc Death Knight
09/29/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Guidance
What's the bug?

HB doesn't apply frost fever to splah targets, and UB only puts up both diseases once, on one target.
90 Pandaren Priest
Me and Leeflow look the same. Brb, changing to red panda.
64 Draenei Death Knight
What ilvl do challenge modes scale you to?
90 Troll Death Knight
Also maybe I should start posting on my main again.
90 Pandaren Warrior
sigh.

and so it begins.

http://i.imgur.com/7laoS.png
90 Pandaren Warrior
Hybrid spellpower DPS stacking ftw.

Only a matter of time before 4 spriests + tank

The ele shaman damage = healing thing is retarded btw.

And so is ascendance + skull banner
90 Pandaren Monk
09/29/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Runtime

they only lower your lvl .. it never goes up, we did with ~350 gear.
90 Troll Death Knight
09/29/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Leeflow

they only lower your lvl .. it never goes up, we did with ~350 gear.

Yeah I know. Just didnt know where it scales you down to.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I love quests that are bugged. This is !@#$ing stupid.
90 Pandaren Monk
First impression of Brewmaster tanking (Did RFC and DM): That's pretty fun. Though if I hear "NOT ENOUGH ENERGY" again, I will possibly violently assault my speakers.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
90 Pandaren Priest
Error speech was like the first thing I ever turned off in vanilla. How can you even have it on?
39 Pandaren Monk
I have no idea how I want to gear my paladin.
=(

<-Bar
100 Draenei Paladin
09/29/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Reesicup
Error speech was like the first thing I ever turned off in vanilla. How can you even have it on?

QFT
90 Pandaren Monk
In my defence. I didn't know.

ALSO SOMEONE CAP THIS THREAD ALREADY
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]