Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons (Healer OT)

90 Tauren Druid
09/30/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Gamex
People have ilvl 509 gear by throwing gold at it from the black market AH.

Meh, I don't care what other people are wearing. I like trying to better my gear for my sake, not for the sake of impressing others. I like earning my gear the hard way, as it gives me a sense of self-satisfaction.

Sure, I understand that it is frustrating when you are competing for world firsts, but if people want to throw their gold away on stuff, more power to them.

(Says the person who just bought a Grand Expedition Yak.)
90 Tauren Monk
Getting mad at people who have gold off of the BMAH is silly. The only gear we've seen on ours is T3.

lol
85 Night Elf Druid

Kotick is just rolling in the dough and laughing all the way. The storm of people who hardly play and want things for free has finally caught up. There's basically no point to put any effort into a game if garbage like this is going to happen.

Hey, the Wii made the Wii Board, maybe we can pay 150 bucks and get a Pet Battle Board where we can lean forward like a pet to make it attack.

...or maybe we can just start selling achievement points, 100 points for $5 a pop.

You know what? The controls in Starcraft were just too hard, let's make it so you can highlight your entire army on one control group, that should free up a lot of the restrictions. Maybe we can have workers just auto-mine now instead of having to remember to put them on the patches.

Man, raiding takes so much effort, I'll never be able to find a good piece of gear.... but wait! The gear that's higher than any raider currently has is available if i just throw gold at it! Yes! Now I'm better than them! Hmmm... where can I buy more gold online...Blizzard, can you sell me some gold? I'll pay money!

I'll let you all imagine Kotick's response.

i swear gaiz, it's falling!

In all seriousness, it's no different than getting lucky with drops, save for the fact that it has the potential to completely liquidate your gold supply. Given the randomness of availability and the exorbitant costs, I don't see this becoming a problem, Gamex.

And the dig on Kotick was really unnecessary. The BMAH is a huge gold sink, something most servers desperately need, and you're incredibly naive to think the CEO of Activision had anything at all to do with it.
Edited by Anarri on 9/30/2012 10:33 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well...Anarri, in fairness, there's nothing available right now that drops ilvl 509 gear. Nothing. I'm not even kidding. So, it's not the same as getting lucky with drops, because there's no way for this gear to drop at the moment.

Gold sellers are happy, tho. :)
85 Night Elf Druid
Well...Anarri, in fairness, there's nothing available right now that drops ilvl 509 gear. Nothing. I'm not even kidding. So, it's not the same as getting lucky with drops, because there's no way for this gear to drop at the moment.

There have probably been four or five 509 items total, and I'll bet they sold for upwards of 100K. If the BMAH offers better gear than current heroic raids then we might have a problem, but until then it's just a really effective gold sink.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm so poor I didn't even know there was a BMAH.

Omg, how do people afford stuff like that? I can't get anywhere near enough gold to even make my engi goggles.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I got shadow tier gloves off of Sha of Anger (even though I was in Holy Spec lol). But! They have perfect stats, SO I DON'T CARE.
90 Worgen Druid
Someone should ask me how much spirit leather you receive from quests while leveling...

I'll go ahead and skip to the answer: none!

(In all seriousness, I think I've gotten shoulders with spirit from a dungeon quest, but that is it)
85 Night Elf Druid
Malrius, weren't you a priest?
90 Worgen Druid
That, I was.
85 Human Paladin
Youtube "Passenger- Let Her Go"

Thank me later.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I was just comparing my mana regen to Sparkle's...

I know I should undo my Firelands reforges; I really, really should. I just can't get myself to do it. I ran normal Shado-Pan last night, and it was the first time I've had to drink in a dungeon in years. Only once, but still.

It was great, and I can't wait until the Heroic version. Hopefully they don't nerf it before I get there.

First though, I need to get into Direbrew before it goes away...ffs.

Riôt
90 Night Elf Druid

Kotick is just rolling in the dough and laughing all the way. The storm of people who hardly play and want things for free has finally caught up. There's basically no point to put any effort into a game if garbage like this is going to happen.

Hey, the Wii made the Wii Board, maybe we can pay 150 bucks and get a Pet Battle Board where we can lean forward like a pet to make it attack.

...or maybe we can just start selling achievement points, 100 points for $5 a pop.

You know what? The controls in Starcraft were just too hard, let's make it so you can highlight your entire army on one control group, that should free up a lot of the restrictions. Maybe we can have workers just auto-mine now instead of having to remember to put them on the patches.

Man, raiding takes so much effort, I'll never be able to find a good piece of gear.... but wait! The gear that's higher than any raider currently has is available if i just throw gold at it! Yes! Now I'm better than them! Hmmm... where can I buy more gold online...Blizzard, can you sell me some gold? I'll pay money!

I'll let you all imagine Kotick's response.

i swear gaiz, it's falling!

In all seriousness, it's no different than getting lucky with drops, save for the fact that it has the potential to completely liquidate your gold supply. Given the randomness of availability and the exorbitant costs, I don't see this becoming a problem, Gamex.

And the dig on Kotick was really unnecessary. The BMAH is a huge gold sink, something most servers desperately need, and you're incredibly naive to think the CEO of Activision had anything at all to do with it.

There are reports of some people having from 6 to 9 pieces of unobtainable gear now.

You're seriously blind and have no idea what has happened in the past 4 years.

Here, have a little read about how it started: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

Now try to understand the decisions made since then. Think about the time the first buyable mount with real $ entered the scene. Now think about Diablo 3. Now think about what's available now. An "unnecessary dig"...?
Edited by Gamex on 10/1/2012 7:16 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Anarri

There have probably been four or five 509 items total, and I'll bet they sold for upwards of 100K. If the BMAH offers better gear than current heroic raids then we might have a problem, but until then it's just a really effective gold sink.

Hey look at you randomly guessing with no facts. Man, you MUST be right just thinking off the top of your head huh?

There are no raids out, normals start Tuesday, heroic raids start in 8 days, and then the instances some of these are coming from don't start until a month after that.

Trying to downplay people having items that are each 46 (yeah, FORTY SIX) item levels above the highest available is just a pile of garbage.
Edited by Gamex on 10/1/2012 7:29 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Someone should ask me how much spirit leather you receive from quests while leveling...

(In all seriousness, I think I've gotten shoulders with spirit from a dungeon quest, but that is it)

Your quest gear rewards are determined by the spec you are when you turn it in.
Edited by Gamex on 10/1/2012 7:20 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Your quest gear rewards are determined by the spec you are when you turn it in.

Most of the world quest rewards, Gamex, don't have Spirit on them no matter what spec you are. Int and other stats yes, Spirit, no. It appears like this gear is actually meant to help you level faster in your heal spec, as opposed to help you actually heal in a dungeon.

Some of the dungeon quest rewards, however, do have it. I almost said all, but I don't know that for sure yet.

It seems that this time around, you are meant to get your main spec gear in the dungeons, while boosting your leveling/offspec in the world. It's not a bad system, if you look at it that way. It does require that you run the dungeons while leveling though, which some don't like to do.

Riôt
There's also the vendor for gear that sells green quality gear at a low ilvl too for your offset. It's roughly 500g for a set, but it can be good to fill up slots, especially on alts that you never bothered to gear.

Example, my druid was a farmer in cata and his ilvl was 299 when I went to jade forest. I was struggling to do the quests, so when I hit 86, I went to the adventurer's supplies place at the first camp in valley of the 4 winds and bought a bunch of ilvl 372 gear. It made leveling a lot easier.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Back to work today, no time for WoW until later. QQ.

It was unnaturally cold in Texas this morning. Low 60s, brrrrr.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]