Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons (Healer OT)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Or they could have, you know, nerfed it before they made the gear available to people. They've known about this issue for MONTHS, but they choose to nerf it AFTER people purchased the gear, gemmed the gear, enchanted the gear.

I seriously feel punished for being a responsible player and trying to fill in gearing gaps with my JP and Honor.

I think I'm still better off than with 450s, but I don't know if the gems slots are staying. Probably not.

I'm going to be...I think I might actually call Blizzard up if the gem slots disappear. That's so much money down the drain. This sucks. This is...I think this is worse than how I felt at the start of Cata. I hate this expansion.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh.

Who gets the next thread?
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/02/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Garrakwild
Now if only her pose on the armory wasn't weird ...

What is going on there? Is she dancing off the armory page? You would think that there would be a guy at blizz that looks at all the possible armory poses at least once and says "yeah that looks okay."

I always thought it looked like she was dancing (think Sleeping Beauty) and in the middle of her dance the photo was taken.

Idk why they messed up the gear so much, it's ridiculous.
85 Night Elf Druid
So is fistweaving really a thing? It doesn't seem efficient at all.
100 Blood Elf Monk
10/02/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Anarri
So is fistweaving really a thing? It doesn't seem efficient at all.

They're idiots and split two healing styles apart when there's really only one. Keep your BoK buff up and heal from melee. GG.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Who are we naming the next thread after?
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks for that Wolfe. It helped, I think.

Also, I've been sort of wondering, if something massive enough crashed into a black hole, would it be able to sort of "break" a black hole into smaller black holes, possibly letting a large chunk of that matter escape due to the reduced gravity?

No; because a black hole is intrinsically linked to the matter contained within the event horizon; even if you could shatter one(which would take a Phenomenal amount of energy....on the order of thousands of supernovas worth), the result would simply be a larger black hole by volume, rather than several smaller ones; though you are correct, the gravity would be reduced in such an object, the larger the black hole, the overall less intense its gravity is(it just affects a larger area).

Actually I read a paper a few years ago that involved breaking up a pulsar; it involved creating two gravitational singularities, exactly equidistant from the pulsar, and with identical masses. In time it would slow the spin of the pulsar, from several thousand/hundred/dozen times a second, to something more like the rotation of the Earth; eventually it would cease spinning altogether, and that point gravity from the singularities would pull the pulsar apart. There comes a point in physics where the gravity from two objects not only creates a gravitational neutral space from those two objects, but from ALL gravity that would interact with that space.

Essentially it would be like removing the gravity that crushes the pulsar into its super dense state: Boom; the Ultimate Fission bomb. The paper postulated it would be the ultimate means of warfare; pulsars are everywhere, the nearest is just under 100 light years from Earth, and this region of space is relatively sparse compared to, say, the nearby Perseus Arm. If this procedure was done to the nearest pulsar to Earth, Earth would have ~100 years before it was enveloped in a cloud of neutron and gamma radiation so intense the entire plant would be sterilized of *All* life in months.

Physics is fascinating, but many of the concepts and ideas are truly frightening.
85 Night Elf Druid
10/02/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Mist
Keep your BoK buff up and heal from melee.

Wait, whycome?

10/02/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Tiriél

Who hasn't had one yet?
Edited by Anarri on 10/2/2012 7:02 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
10/02/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Tiriél

Hmm, idk, I think we've gotten everyone.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/02/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Bherwolfe

Hmm, idk, I think we've gotten everyone.

Tempted to propose naming it, "My Gear Got Ganked by Blizz."
85 Night Elf Druid
Riót needs one.

EDIT: Riót's Rigorous Rigatoni could work. Where's Riót, we need his opinion on this.

/shadowpuppethands
Edited by Anarri on 10/2/2012 7:29 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Riot says...

Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches.
85 Human Paladin
No; because a black hole is intrinsically linked to the matter contained within the event horizon; even if you could shatter one(which would take a Phenomenal amount of energy....on the order of thousands of supernovas worth), the result would simply be a larger black hole by volume, rather than several smaller ones; though you are correct, the gravity would be reduced in such an object, the larger the black hole, the overall less intense its gravity is(it just affects a larger area).

Actually I read a paper a few years ago that involved breaking up a pulsar; it involved creating two gravitational singularities, exactly equidistant from the pulsar, and with identical masses. In time it would slow the spin of the pulsar, from several thousand/hundred/dozen times a second, to something more like the rotation of the Earth; eventually it would cease spinning altogether, and that point gravity from the singularities would pull the pulsar apart. There comes a point in physics where the gravity from two objects not only creates a gravitational neutral space from those two objects, but from ALL gravity that would interact with that space.

Essentially it would be like removing the gravity that crushes the pulsar into its super dense state: Boom; the Ultimate Fission bomb. The paper postulated it would be the ultimate means of warfare; pulsars are everywhere, the nearest is just under 100 light years from Earth, and this region of space is relatively sparse compared to, say, the nearby Perseus Arm. If this procedure was done to the nearest pulsar to Earth, Earth would have ~100 years before it was enveloped in a cloud of neutron and gamma radiation so intense the entire plant would be sterilized of *All* life in months.

Physics is fascinating, but many of the concepts and ideas are truly frightening.

If this is the case, then how did the Big Bang come to be, assuming that it originated from a singularity? Or does it assume that it was raw energy that was converted to actual things with mass after it was spread enough to no longer create an instant supermassive black hole?

Edit: Would the energy released by converging anti-matter and matter be enough to break the gravity of the first few seconds of the Big Bang and actually propel things outwards?
Edited by Røth on 10/2/2012 8:55 PM PDT
MVP
100 Pandaren Monk
HC
Woo 3/6!
Woo!

And yes riot needs a thread.
Someone else will have to make it because riot has funny vowels.
90 Worgen Druid
So about how much hps is everyone doing on average in Mogu'shan Vaults? I'm doing about 56k hps, and my mana is rather tight...
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
So about how much hps is everyone doing on average in Mogu'shan Vaults? I'm doing about 56k hps, and my mana is rather tight...

On Gara'jal I did 46k hps(Damage seemed really low)
On feng, I sustained 54k.
On Stone Guard(The only one we 3 healed) 45k.

My mana felt very well.
Edited by Sensations on 10/2/2012 9:16 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]