How are pallies at dps and pvp?

32 Blood Elf Warlock
I have a low level pally around 30 and he's prot ATM. Had a blast dueling another pally the other day. Anyways. I'm not sure how I feel about tanking so I'm thinking of giving ret a try for some pvp and dps roles.
Is a pallies dps high enough to get into end game raids? We restricted to healing and tanking for them?
How about pvp? I'm not competitive at pvp so just talking for your average pvp. Ret still the way to go or is a pallies damage so low it's not worth it?
I would even give holy a try if it meant I could 1v1 someone
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
No comment LOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Subparadins have all chimed in... now input from someone who isn't a complete whiner.

If you're a good player and make the effort you will find yourself in a raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy paladins are amazingly fun and if you take all the dmg'ing glyphs (Harsh words(WoG), HolyShock(BonusDMG,LessHealing), and 1 other(I forgetz :3)) then we can 1v1 alot of classes.... although that's because we can do damage AND heal ourselves with decent chunks.

Ret paladins are pretty strong honestly.. but *mainly* in short bursts with 3 holy power. You crusader->3pt Verdict(While inquisition is up) and you're looking at a good 30k crit from the verdict and maybe 12k(ish?) from the crusader.. I'm hearing prot pallies are pretty good in the current 'meta' cause of how strong casters are right now...

Our weakness is fears though.. be prepared to meet 3-4 priests and 2-4 warlocks every BG though :3
Edited by Ilyara on 9/24/2012 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Had a blast dueling another pally the other day.

There you go. If you're having fun playing a paladin, then that's what you should play. These days, the classes are balanced enough that it doesn't really matter what you pick. You will have a way to be effective in PvE and PvP in some capacity.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/24/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Lobster

^
Ret is a lot of fun in PVP and we do well in most situations. Don't let the whiners deter you. If you know how to adapt and if you're a team player, you will do very well with ret.

I agree with this 100% but the same can be applied for any class/spec.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Subparadins have all chimed in... now input from someone who isn't a complete whiner.

Haha genius
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly op, this is why I didn't go ret. To me the dps boost didn't seem worth losing much of my survivability, an interrupt, and much of my soloing capability. Not at all saying ret is bad, just not for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/24/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Kathira
Honestly op, this is why I didn't go ret. To me the dps boost didn't seem worth losing much of my survivability, an interrupt, and much of my soloing capability. Not at all saying ret is bad, just not for me.

I don't know what you mean, but ret has very good solo capability, especially since parry has been buffed for plate melee classes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Ret is really good now for pretty much everything, and its amazing for soloing since the patch.
People who say its awful really don't take the time to learn it or make proper gear, gem and chant choices.
Thats pretty much it.
Reply Quote
79 Blood Elf Warrior
I loled I love levling my main pally I Will be playing him as DPS they are alot more defined now
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Paladin
Love it to play Pala :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I killed a few level 90 palis who were trying to take my ghost iron. So either those palis specifically stink or paladins the class stink.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/26/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Raylean
I killed a few level 90 palis who were trying to take my ghost iron. So either those palis specifically stink or paladins the class stink.

Spriests are one of the if not the most broken spec for PVP in the game right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We good pgood
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Spriests are in a good place but they are not quite the gods people think they are from what I can tell.

Ret Paladins have some incredible utility and can be a real nightmare to deal with when played well, there damage might be slightly low but no one knows until everyone is 90 with full pvp gear.....and damage can easily be scalled. Just look at what you have in your tool box and you will see why the high rated Paladins are not complaining just yet all you need is damage to go up a little which it very well might at end game (early days).

I see allot of Paladin bashing on mages but there are plenty of classes out there than run over mages and Paladin's have arguably the best team utlity of any class even more so than Spriest (Spriest have better sustained dps though).

From Blizzards point of view Paladins must be one of the hardest classes to balance alongside Spriest's as the utility you offer a team is massive and goes way beyond tunnel vison dps.
Edited by Exstion on 9/26/2012 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]