too many attempts?

(Locked)

100 Dwarf Shaman
purchased the upgrade to mists of pandaria using my credit card info already on the account, went to purchase game time since my account had expired, but it asked for my info again, and apparently i can't get my info right. i even called my credit card company to confirm my postal code, but it was rejecting it as incorrect. now it's saying "too many attempts". do i just need to wait a bit, or am i locked out until i do something?
Blizzard Employee
I would try again in an hour. If it doesn't work, let us know.
100 Dwarf Shaman
will do. thank you for the prompt response!
Blizzard Employee
It actually looks like this may be caused by a larger issue under investigation. It may be a bit longer, but we'll keep people posted.
I actually had the same exact problem just now. Bought Pandria and tried to setup a subscription and it said wrong postal code, now it is saying "Too many attempts"
And apparently checking my bank statement I was just charged $8.00 total for 8 "CHECKCARD 09/24 BLIZZARD ENT*WOW SUB BLIZZARD.COM CA" ... apparently for the "failed tries" due to a zip code.... is this a joke?
91 Orc Shaman
I'm having the same problem. Bought mop with credit card fine. Then I went to setup game sub and it said unexpected error has occurred please contact customer support and the credit card number is highlighted. I do this and cant contact anyone because support is full and unable to take your call. I know there is enough $ on the account because I just deposited 40$ and bought mop then went back to bank and deposited 15$ to buy sub and now this happens. Please help.
Blizzard Employee
If you only have $15 in the account, that is likely not enough to cover the $1 authorization charge plus the subscription plus taxes.

While the $1 does fall off eventually (depending on your card's policies), the taxes and general amount may be more than you have.

We've looked into these reports and have found almost all issues are with the payment method that customers have been using.
1 Human Hunter
09/24/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Drinpaw
I'm having the same problem. Bought mop with credit card fine. Then I went to setup game sub and it said unexpected error has occurred please contact customer support and the credit card number is highlighted. I do this and cant contact anyone because support is full and unable to take your call. I know there is enough $ on the account because I just deposited 40$ and bought mop then went back to bank and deposited 15$ to buy sub and now this happens. Please help.

You're cutting it a bit close with the money. Blizzard, like many other online companies, will attempt a charge of $1 before processing the charge to see if the card is even valid. It then refunds that money, but the funds can be held by the bank for a few days. So if you put $15 and it charged a $1 test amount then attempted to charge $14.99 it would fail.
I don't understand.. I'm trying to use my card to pay for a subscription... why would i be required to have money ON the account? In the past I would just use my card to pay monthly.. and never have i seen this $1 thing. Also, what is mop?
Oh I gotcha.. my bank account. Okay, so I have more than enough to cover $15 + $1.. the issue is that the zip code is apparently wrong when I enter the information, and as I have stated before, the zip code that I am entering matches my billing information.
Okay I finally have resolved my issue. The zip code was the zip code that corresponds to your bank account information, not the Battle.net account.
91 Orc Shaman
Thanks for the quick response medearn. I used a different card and it worked. It must have been like you said the 1$ auth. charge that they take out wasnt there so it didnt go through or money didnt get into the bank today. I was 99% positive I had the 15 and a couple extra dollars from previous deposits so didnt think this was the problem. Sorry for waisting time now to just fix the launchers "cannot write to storage" error...
90 Worgen Warrior
well, i have the same exact problem. Tried paying (set up subsription) by credit card and keep prompting postal code is wrong. tried different cards too and doesnt work.
Support Forum Agent
09/27/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Asbestos
well, i have the same exact problem. Tried paying (set up subsription) by credit card and keep prompting postal code is wrong. tried different cards too and doesnt work.

Yours is most likely because it's outside the US, Asbestos. Addresses and credit cards can get a little 'odd' in some cases.

You may wish to contact Billing for further assistance. Generally, you want your Billing Profile and any information you enter to match that of the card being used.

Billing and Account Services
Phone Support - 1 (800) 59-BLIZZ (1 (800) 592 5499)
Live Representatives Available 7 days a week, 7am to 8pm Pacific Time

Canada 1-800-592-5499
    United States 1-800-592-5499

We have also provided the following numbers for our international customers:

Argentina 0800-333-0778
    Australia 1-800-041-378
    Chile 1230-020-5554
    Mexico 001-888-578-7628
    New Zealand 0-800-452-520

Further contact information can be found here...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768357894
87 Draenei Shaman
I as well have a an issue I bought MOP Digitally and tried to set up game subscription and it says improper card number. Tried it numerous times now I get to many attempts. This is weeks after most of these posts and I was wondering if this problem still persists?
90 Human Mage
I am also having the same issue.
I have moved since I last tried to set up a game subscription, so I changed my postal code in my account settings and it still doesn't work.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Very upset !!! put all my info in correct and it rejects !!!!!!!! now its to many attempts i wait and it keeps just saying it
100 Orc Rogue
Check the dates before you post, don't necro threads.

Make sure you have a Billing Profile setup for the card you are using.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]