Nerf Tol Barad guards now!

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm so sick of the alliance getting one of my dots on them and running into a group of guards just so I will die. This is a freakin pvp realm and that is a pvp zone whoever thought that making those guards 3 shot you in a pvp realm and letting them aggro off of a dot tick when i'm more than 40 yards away must have been stoned. Take this away now! I'm so sick of Team Muffin, S I N and all the other terribad alliance guilds out there ganking horde with 3 or 4 vs 1 and when my people come out there to play they go hide in their camp and hope I DoT them so the guards come after us and they can attack us with their super weak attacks and still get HKs from it when they did not even do 90% of the damage done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Pics and vids of these scared little alliance running to suck on their momma's teat coming soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wouldn't mind the guards being nerfed in TB for both sides that way I could run in and slaughter all the horde afking in Hellscreams Reach? but then they'd QQ for the guards to be superpowered again... and well its a never ending cycle.

But honestly if you don't like the NPC's agro'ing you then why attack them so close to there base? why not kite the Alliance away from the base through the spiders and out over near the fishing village or the Keep? that way its fair and when either faction retreats you can consider it a win for they obviously can't stand there ground.

And honestly there's no need for Videos or Pictures that may defame those guilds who are only using the game mechanics to there advantage, same thing I've had horde do when things went south for them. Anyways sucks to hear your world PvP ain't going to well in TB.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
So from what I can gather... someone took advantage of guards when you tried to kill them.

You must be new.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
So from what I can gather... someone took advantage of guards when you tried to kill them.

You must be new.

Or outplayed. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Saber, you're right indeed. It's not that when they retreat we follow so close but the bridge just in front the alli camp there if I don't move even one foot on that bridge as they alliance retreat if they have a DoT on them it pulls guards. Then in my retreat from my inevitable death i get stunned and frozen and such so that I do die. To me it's an exploitation of something that is meant to just protect questers from simply being camped by npcs. You should know how far the bridge spans out to know that it's ridiculous that my dot ticks pull a guard that far away.

09/21/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Lukar
someone took advantage of guards when you tried to kill them.

No someone exploited the guard's 200+ yard aggro range when i tried to kill them. I'm not very new, but to me that's just outrageous.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Just wait for MoP to come out. The guards will be back to your relative level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/21/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Ventblaze

perhaps one could think of it like that... me i just see it as below the belt tactics that come from a person's guild that unless there are 2 healers present he won't ever show his face lol. Nonetheless, it's a bit much that a dot tick from a enemy 200 or so yards away can aggro.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/21/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Resileaf
Just wait for MoP to come out. The guards will be back to your relative level.

they are 85 at the moment. Even the SW guards that ARE 90 hit for 2-3k only now. These guards hit for 2-3k but about every 3rd hit they hit for 50K or so.
Edited by Mâgus on 9/21/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/21/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Mâgus

perhaps one could think of it like that... me i just see it as below the belt tactics that come from a person's guild that unless there are 2 healers present he won't ever show his face lol. Nonetheless, it's a bit much that a dot tick from a enemy 200 or so yards away can aggro.

It's really nothing new. PvP fights are usually anything but fair. Adapt and counter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
No someone exploited the guard's 200+ yard aggro range when i tried to kill them. I'm not very new, but to me that's just outrageous.

You obviously didn't play during the days of IQQ, or this would all be fairly common to you.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
09/22/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Lukar

You obviously didn't play during the days of IQQ, or this would all be fairly common to you.

Oh IQQ.

Nothing Blizzard ever throws at us will compare to that type of rampant, abusive and hilarious PvP.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
It's really nothing new. PvP fights are usually anything but fair. Adapt and counter.

Exactly this! The game awards no extra points or rewards for "fair" fighting, so what's the incentive for playing "fair"?

That's not to mention that the idea of fairness is subjective and irrelevant. What matters in a game design is the objective and the set of actions that you may take. There are no "below the belt" actions; there are only actions that get you to the objective and those that don't.

So, rather than complaining about the game design not fitting your quasi-arbitrary definition of "fairness", why not figure out what you need to do to not lose?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
As anyone that has seen us in action can attest:

This is why we bring Mazzle.
Edited by Draxonicar on 9/22/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Shaman
I thought you brought Mazzle to summon people into chimneys?

Man... that sucks. He's not going to be able to do that anymore. Very, very sad day. :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
IQQ.... speaking of unfair pvp scenarios

Say anyone remember the fortitude buff from Wintergrasp? I once had to fight a paladin with 223k. I was able to get him to 2%. Then he used....Lay On Hands.

Due to my good sense of humor i found it both funny and /omg you !@#$%^-.

xD

Magus : Take this away now! I'm so sick of Team Muffin, S I N and all the other terribad alliance guilds out there ganking horde with 3 or 4 vs 1 and when my people come out there to play they go hide in their camp and hope I DoT them so the guards come after us and they can attack us with their super weak attacks and still get HKs from it when they did not even do 90% of the damage done.
Ventblaze : It's really nothing new. PvP fights are usually anything but fair. Adapt and counter.
Cayreth : Exactly this! The game awards no extra points or rewards for "fair" fighting, so what's the incentive for playing "fair"?

To all three that i quote*, I might be one in a thousand here for what i'm about to say. Also this is coming from my softer side /carebear mode

I find value in honorable PVP. Simple pure passion of the PVP for me is reward enough. But i also realize most do not play fair and so i have to live with it. However when the fairness comes around, i will honor it and bless you for the jolly good times!

I've had a few occasions where the alliance on this server were kind enough to allow a 1 v 1. They will let me heal up then they will /challenge. That is not just honorable pvp, it is Sportsmanship PVP. The act of such honors me and honors you. It honors everyone who participates.

We don't have enough of that around because most people who PVP seek reward other than the act of PVP. It just means i see it differently for what it is: I find PVP...Beautiful.

I love pvp so much that often if the enemy team in say... Warsong Gulch are camping our graveyard and 1 of our 10 players continuesly spawn only to die seconds later, I am that person. I WISH to be better (than what i am right now) always.

So there's the misconception that my death count/behavior equates to my playability. So you get players (on my team) who throw out insults, it is their problem. I'm just having fun fighting a rogue, a cat and a warrior who are probably also having fun fighting me. It doesn't matter if i'm dying. They don't care if they are dying.

But ironically my teammates who are sitting around, doing nothing criticize me for my passion. If 9 more of us did that we wouldn't be getting camped by 4 melees to begin with.

Fair pvp DOES exist, it's just that most people don't believe in it or act upon it :)
Edited by Nakremy on 9/23/2012 1:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
09/22/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Nakremy
We don't have enough of that around because most people who PVP seek reward other than the act of PVP. It just means i see it differently for what it is: I find PVP...Beautiful.

Well, I think it just means that your game objective is (or may be) different than your opponent's. But everything I said still stands: you have actions that get you closer to that objective (e.g., spawning at the graveyard that is being camped) and actions that don't (e.g., going many vs. 1).

There's nothing wrong with that; everybody's entitled to play the game they want. The problem is when you try to impose the game objective you're going for onto others, like the OP seems to be doing.
Edited by Cayreth on 9/22/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Indeed, i agree. I quoted you with an answer to "what's the incentive for fair pvp", and that was mine :D. Simply PVP! The same quotes we're updated to apply to similar, yet varying responses.

Edited by Nakremy on 9/25/2012 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Shaman
What I usually find is behind a lot of posts like these is the irony of one or two guys refusing to let 5 or more try to trap and camp them. They back off to their base and we get a guard QQ post. I never take these things at face value, because so much of the time, we're not being given all the details which would probably not earn our sympathy. "Well yeah there were like.... 10 guys around me on my side. BUT THEY WEREN'T IN MY GROUP SO THEY DON'T COUNT11!!"

Even when people are recounting incidents as accurately as they remember them, they still may not be cognizant of things that are tipping the situation heavily in their favor, which is why it's usually better to avoid complaints like this in the first place. Or brags. Or any of the other semi-/popcorn-worthy threads.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]