Login Failure in Diablo 3 Forums

- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Normally I do not post about problems with a different website department, but since this team would know better, and I can't post on the other website at all, I'm posting here in the hopes that this can get passed on to the team working on the Diablo 3 website.

The issue is that I can enter my login details and it gets me to the authenticator code entry window, but upon doing so, the Diablo 3 website shows "An error has occured. Please Try again" <Logout Link>

I can log into this site find and post anywhere it seems, but I can't even post over in the tech support or website bug report section of the Diablo 3 forums because the server is not accepting my login information properly.

I have tried in the following browsers:

Firefox 14
Firefox 3.0.6 (kept as a fallback for when v14 takes a dump on itself, which it does a lot)
Safari 5.1.7

I have cleared my cookies, cache, and all other serviceable data for each browser and have the same results - the inability to login.

I can log in here obviously as I'm able to post this message, and I can log into my battle.net account page and it does in fact show an active Diablo 3 Standard Edition account, but cannot log into those forums.

If anybody here on the web team (or any of the MVPs that have dealt with the problems with the website more than I have) can offer me any assistance or troubleshooting steps other than clearing local data, I'm willing to try to solve this issue with you.

Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Gnome Warlock
I have the same issue and posted in WoW Customer Support because that tends to be highly monitored. I see you found that thread. I am usually helping folks on the PC Tech Support forums and can't now.

For any blues who happen to check here, the issue is still ongoing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have the same issue with the Diablo III forums. It started yesterday after the PTR went down. I am one of the people that has the instant disconnect from the PTR on log in issue so I do not know if that is related to the website issue or not. I can log in fine on the WOW side but keep getting the error on the DIII side. Even on the DIII side I can proceed to the account management page with no problem but can not post over there.

I thought well maybe it is because my last log in on DIII was the failed attempts on the PTR so I tried logging into normal DIII which went fine. Checked the forums again after but no luck on that. I am currently wondering if the people with the forum and PTR log in issues were all in the DIII beta and if that would be what is causing the current issues? Only reason why that thought came to me is due to the fact that the Mists beta players can't use the current Mists PTR. I know the DIII beta has long since been removed from our accounts but figured I would bring that up here just in case that might be a common link.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Gnome Warlock
*sniffles* still not fixed yet and I am the only D3 PC tech support on weekend so this is..."ungood". So many general customer service and account questions that are unanswered. Please fix.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not seeing the problem on Chrome.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Also unable to log into the Diablo 3 site. Account and this forum works as mentioned.

*and as commented above, I participated in the D3 beta.
Edited by Sprockitz on 9/22/2012 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
D3 Friends and Family Beta person here.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Still unable to login.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i have same issue atm with Chrone/FF/Regular IE i dont get it LOL it was All of the sites when d3 ptr came up now its just D3 site.

im wondering if the site smehow trys using the client....

wish a mod/rep could atleast say something
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I have the same issue with the Diablo III forums. It started yesterday after the PTR went down. I am one of the people that has the instant disconnect from the PTR on log in issue so I do not know if that is related to the website issue or not. I can log in fine on the WOW side but keep getting the error on the DIII side. Even on the DIII side I can proceed to the account management page with no problem but can not post over there.

I thought well maybe it is because my last log in on DIII was the failed attempts on the PTR so I tried logging into normal DIII which went fine. Checked the forums again after but no luck on that. I am currently wondering if the people with the forum and PTR log in issues were all in the DIII beta and if that would be what is causing the current issues? Only reason why that thought came to me is due to the fact that the Mists beta players can't use the current Mists PTR. I know the DIII beta has long since been removed from our accounts but figured I would bring that up here just in case that might be a common link.

same here mine happend when i hit ptr to all the sites now just d3 one it has to be something with the new ptr its just at same time and it sounds like thats when it started grr
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It definitely has something to do with the DIII PTR being down since when it was taken offline is when my issue over there began. I was able to post before that about the constant dc issue with the PTR.

I am just not sure what the common factors with all of us with the issue are. Some people from the DIII beta can post and some can't so that is ruled out. Some of the people who can't post did not try to log into the PTR. I am not sure whether or not the people with the forum issue all have potential PTR access or not or if some of them did not activate their account for the PTR.

I definitely do have PTR access and attempted to log on the DIII PTR the day it became active. I was one of the people that did not get to test while it was up though since I was always immediately dced after log in.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
same vas i had issues that day after they shut it off this all started lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Issue is still here even with the PTR back online. Still just seeing an error has occured please try again with the log out button on the DIII forums. I also still get instantly disconnected when I try to log on to the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
same accept i finnaly got intp PTR but i think PTR is limiting how many players can be on at once 7 online games was rather low
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Yep, having the same problems here - can't access the D3 forums, profiles, etc - just getting the generic "an error has occurred"

I don't think this issue is because of the PTR, but I think it might have something to do with the WoW launch and having both D3 and WOW tied to the same Bnet account.
Edited by Dilznïck on 9/25/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The DIII forums really need some love to help all of us who can't post over there due to this weird an error has occurred bug.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
yeah, it's driving me nuts. Still unable to log into the D3 forums. I'm part of a group that does farming runs and I want to put together a run but can't since I can't post.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Also, how do you send a ticket for this? They have really restricted what you can send a ticket on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Up
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Mmm....a full week going on eight days now and no joy. Boy, I'd hate to be one of those poor suckers having problems in something other than Mists of Pandaria right now.

Oh wait...

:(

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]