Battle Ground Scores

90 Draenei Shaman
https://sites.google.com/site/randombgscores2/
https://sites.google.com/site/randombgscores2/

Since we have two more days to launch I figured I might as well just post this. It's just a compilation of scores from BG's.

What i'm not understanding is how people have been saying it's all set up for lvl 90 and that's why the damage is so bad, but when you really look at the scoring why have so many classes either done the same or improved in damage? But my damage is almost half of what it used to be.

Then you will notice that I'm practically the only Shamen that's scored an average score. Any Shamen that did play either did so as restoration or simply just sucked so bad their damage was to bad to view.

However I guess we will have to hold the argument for now, but the whole lvl 90 concept sounds silly. It's almost like saying other classes are going to be nerfed when it comes to lvl 90 and Shamens are just going to blast right through.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/22/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Havvokk
but when you really look at the scoring why have so many classes either done the same or improved in damage

because not all classes get vital DPS tools at 87 and 90, so they're already doing the amount of damage they should be
Edited by Chillbronies on 9/22/2012 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Death Knights receive Soul Reaper at lvl 87 ...An Attack
Mages receive damage buffs from lvl 90 talents
Priest lvl 90 talents they can choose from Cascade, Halo, Divine Star ...All Damage talents
Paladins recieve Lights Hammer, Holy Prism, Execution Sentence
Hunters recieve Glaive Toss, Powershot, Barrage and recieve Stampede at lvl87
Monk recieve Rushing Jade Wind, Invoke Xuen The White Tiger, Chi Torpedo
Warrior recieve damage buffs from lvl 90 talents

So no not all classes your right, just the ones doing well already.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You really shouldn't be using battleground damage done as a "Recount" to gauge your success or failure. So many factors. For example, any class capable of cleaving or multidotting will inevitably pad the meters. I remember Bladestorm on my warrior gave me basically an auto-#1 on damage done when all was said and done.

We have pretty solid AoE, but our true cleave damage is not as inflated as it is for some classes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Death Knights receive Soul Reaper at lvl 87 ...An Attack
Mages receive damage buffs from lvl 90 talents
Priest lvl 90 talents they can choose from Cascade, Halo, Divine Star ...All Damage talents
Paladins recieve Lights Hammer, Holy Prism, Execution Sentence
Hunters recieve Glaive Toss, Powershot, Barrage and recieve Stampede at lvl87
Monk recieve Rushing Jade Wind, Invoke Xuen The White Tiger, Chi Torpedo
Warrior recieve damage buffs from lvl 90 talents

So no not all classes your right, just the ones doing well already.

How much of a DPS increase are those abilities? A few of the things you mentioned aren't even rotational abilities and/or are mutually exclusive.

Ascendance and our level 90 talents will contribute to a significant portion of our overall damage. More so than anything (or combination of things) other classes will receive.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd514/petenorf/WoWScrnShot_091912_100605_zps77d48c3a.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd514/petenorf/WoWScrnShot_091612_083850_zps9a5ce12f.jpg

I don't really see a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Some classes get a damage cooldown/ability at 87.

Some get rotational abilities at 90.

The only ones getting both are Shaman and Hunters, and Shaman will end up getting a significantly larger potion of their damage from the 87/90 abilities than hunters will.

At the same time, complaining about the lack of damage from shaman at 85 is analogous to complaining about the absurd damage rogues/hunters have at 19. It's not being balanced around, and by in large it's not being changed unless it's absolutely gamebreaking.
Reply Quote
89 Human Warlock
Most of the classes you mentioned though: priests, mages, dks, have no problem topping the damage charts. I have only seen one Shaman do this in the bgs I've run since 5.0.4 came out. I'm really undecided on whether I trust the damage charts though. There are times when I'll have a kill-death ratio of like 17-2 and I know, not think, but know I'm having a huge impact on the game. Yet, I'll end up like 5th damage and somebody who was 7-4 who I never saw really doing anything will top me. I wouldn't worry about the damage, I'd worry about how much of an impact you feel you're having on the game and use that as your gage, though I admit, it's rather annoying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]