Unable to add Battletag/R.ID friends.

(Locked)

86 Human Paladin
Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I am sure experiencing it at the moment.

I can't seem to add anyone to my friends list via battletag or R.ID. I've tried sending a battletag invite first, checked and doublechecked the spelling, but they don't get a pending invite on their end. Then I gave them my battletag and they tried to add me, same result, invite sent but no confirmation on my end. Finally I tried R.ID with this person, and I get exactly the same result, no confirmation on their end.

So, is there something I am missing here or are the R.ID/Battletag invites borked?
86 Human Paladin
Adding to this, that finding the player and trying to add them via the 'add friend' option also isn't working. No confirmations for either side.
86 Human Paladin
And to update further, I am still unable to add people I want to via the battletag system, but somehow gold sellers are still able to add me. Just got a pending request thinking it was the friend I added but unfortunately not the case. What exactly is going on here?
85 Human Warlock
I'm having this same issue. I've had several people whisper me mentioning that they sent me invites but I have nothing pending.
86 Dwarf Priest
I have one pending that im unable to accept.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Just out of curiosity, how many friends do you already have added? A realm-mate of mine ran into this. I think they had something close to 100 people already on their list and had to drop a few inactive battletags.
90 Blood Elf Mage
any update on this? i'm having the same frustrating problem.
15 Human Hunter
I have this too, it's either coming up saying 'Cannot send Battle Tag requests to that player', or, when I am able to access it, it will say 'Player not found'. We're on the same servers too so I am unsure of the issue.
86 Goblin Warlock
12/10/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Harpersan
I have this too, it's either coming up saying 'Cannot send Battle Tag requests to that player', or, when I am able to access it, it will say 'Player not found'. We're on the same servers too so I am unsure of the issue.

Sounds like Real ID is disabled on your account, you should verify, its enabled.

In the future don't bump month old topics.
90 Orc Hunter
Why not?
43 Pandaren Monk
01/19/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Mitenka
Why not?

It is against the rules of this forum. Policy quickly and frequently changes. Bumping old threads can add incorrect information to the top posts. It can make the forums confusing, difficult to read, and can greatly hinder one from being able to help/attention to their issue.

Also for almost all issues you need to make your own thread for your own issue on the cs forum. Other forums work differently.
Edited by Tinkrashi on 1/19/2013 8:19 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]