Azeroth: Why is the Legion still bothering?

90 Orc Shaman
You know how many demons they have? they could probably continue to assault Azeroth for generations, they got time, they're not losing anything at least nothing big enough to make them decide not to. Plus they're probably bored.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Vyrin
Man if they have trouble with planets whose level of technology is around renaissance levels they're going to have a real problem when they try to destroy a planet that controls an interstellar empire.

I'd love to see the Legion try and invade the Star Wars universe. They'd get stopped at the first planet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Not to burst your bubble.

But in Outlands, we fought the demons that Sargeras, the leader of the REAL Burning Legion didnt care enough to take with him.

So basically, we fought less than 1% of the burning legion.

If sargeras actually reaches azeroth, we all die. End of story.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

War of the Ancients actually tells us this, point of fact. We can defeat the entire Legion, and Sargeras himself would still stamp out every living thing on Azeroth.

Only Sargeras' avatar every made it to Azeroth, because the Dark Titan himself apparently gets stuck between worlds by trying to squeeze through the portal as its closing. Still, that avatar, and the power within, managed to corrupt one of the most powerful mages the world has ever known, rip the universe a new one (creating the Dark Portal) and then a charged fragement of said avatar almost shattered Northrend.

We don't want to mess with Sargeras. Of course, the exact same book also tells us, point of fact, that fully released, the Old Gods could drop Sargeras across their knee and make him cry for mommy.

I'd love to see the Legion try and invade the Star Wars universe. They'd get stopped at the first planet.

Honestly, i'd put my money on the Legion. If you were to assume that Force = Magic, with the finite number of Force weilders around the Legion woul have plenty to feed on, meaning unlimited soldiers. Considering how innacurate just about every weapon in Starwars is (and the fact everything enevitably draws to close combat) the Legion would have a field day with either the Republic or the Empire.
Edited by Caeledor on 9/22/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

War of the Ancients actually tells us this, point of fact. We can defeat the entire Legion, and Sargeras himself would still stamp out every living thing on Azeroth.

Only Sargeras' avatar every made it to Azeroth, because the Dark Titan himself apparently gets stuck between worlds by trying to squeeze through the portal as its closing. Still, that avatar, and the power within, managed to corrupt one of the most powerful mages the world has ever known, rip the universe a new one (creating the Dark Portal) and then a charged fragement of said avatar almost shattered Northrend.

We don't want to mess with Sargeras. Of course, the exact same book also tells us, point of fact, that fully released, the Old Gods could drop Sargeras across their knee and make him cry for mommy.

Honestly, i'd put my money on the Legion. If you were to assume that Force = Magic, with the finite number of Force weilders around the Legion woul have plenty to feed on, meaning unlimited soldiers. Considering how innacurate just about every weapon in Starwars is (and the fact everything enevitably draws to close combat) the Legion would have a field day with either the Republic or the Empire.

death star>sargeras
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Death Star blows up planets, Sargeras eats them. It's really easy for me to blow up an elephant, not so easy to eat one.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Caeledor

At the end of the New Jedi Order, the estimated death total was 365 trillion. That was probably around half of the galaxy at best. Add in capital ships with their orbital bombardment and the crazy tech Star Wars has, a lot of it designed for war in a galaxy that has been fighting it for lord only knows how many thousands of years. Legion gets roflstomped.

Death Star blows up planets, Sargeras eats them. It's really easy for me to blow up an elephant, not so easy to eat one.

Sargeras doesn't eat planets.
Edited by Katarn on 9/22/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
This is starting to get somewhat absurd, but as final counterpoint...

First, your right, Sargeras doesn't physically eat planets. He drains them of their energy, life and magic to sustain his mission to destroy everything in the universe.

Which brings me to point B. Universe. Starwars is a single galaxy, whereas the Legion opperates on a universal level. They don't want to just destory a single galaxy, they want to destroy it all. They opperate on a totally different scale than Star Wars. Plus the fact that they don't use ships, but travel through the 'space between space' as it were, so the Star Wars fleets would amount to jack squat.

That said, lets get back to why their interested in Azeroth, not Tatooine (seriously, who would be interested in that hemroid of a planet?)
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Caeledor
Plus the fact that they don't use ships, but travel through the 'space between space' as it were, so the Star Wars fleets would amount to jack squat.

Until their armies invade the planet and make it a few meters before being smashed into oblivion by an orbiting Star Destroyer.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Caeledor
that fully released, the Old Gods could drop Sargeras across their knee and make him cry for mommy.

Well the Old Gods think they could. We don't know for sure yet.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
War of the Ancients actually tells us this, point of fact. We can defeat the entire Legion, and Sargeras himself would still stamp out every living thing on Azeroth.Only Sargeras' avatar every made it to Azeroth, because the Dark Titan himself apparently gets stuck between worlds by trying to squeeze through the portal as its closing. Still, that avatar, and the power within, managed to corrupt one of the most powerful mages the world has ever known, rip the universe a new one (creating the Dark Portal) and then a charged fragement of said avatar almost shattered Northrend. We don't want to mess with Sargeras. Of course, the exact same book also tells us, point of fact, that fully released, the Old Gods could drop Sargeras across their knee and make him cry for mommy.

War of the Ancients actually says that the Old Gods undoing their prisons would have Sargeras "begging for the mercy of death". Why has not been revealed it could have something to do with fact that the Old Gods "ruled over a bloody chaos even the demon lords of the Burning Legion could not imagine". If the chaos of the demons drove Sargeras to insanity the chaos of the Old Gods might drive him(Sargeras) to suicide.......
...................................... Or the Old Gods are just plain more powerful than Sargeras.
Reply Quote
To be fair it would 4-5 Old Gods Vs. Sargeras.

I think Sargeras could win 1v1 against any Old God. Against all 5? Who knows.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

War of the Ancients actually says that the Old Gods undoing their prisons would have Sargeras "begging for the mercy of death". Why has not been revealed it could have something to do with fact that the Old Gods "ruled over a bloody chaos even the demon lords of the Burning Legion could not imagine". If the chaos of the demons drove Sargeras to insanity the chaos of the Old Gods might drive him(Sargeras) to suicide.......
...................................... Or the Old Gods are just plain more powerful than Sargeras.

Interestingly, the Old Gods could in fact be the cause of the Legions obsession with Azeroth. If we make the asumption that Blizzard is going pull out the "Old Gods corrupted Sargeras" schtick, then his whole need to have Azeroth could be part of their escape plan.

09/22/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Katarn
Plus the fact that they don't use ships, but travel through the 'space between space' as it were, so the Star Wars fleets would amount to jack squat.

Until their armies invade the planet and make it a few meters before being smashed into oblivion by an orbiting Star Destroyer.

Orbital bombardment in Starwars has been shown to have ALOT of collateral damage. Leveling your own cities and killing your own people (or even blowing up your own planets) to stop a universe consuming force isn't the best way to win a war. Haven't the Tyranids taught you anything?
Reply Quote
Starfighters, AT-ATs, AT-STs, power laser emplacements, etc etc. Legion loses in the end. Numbers and tech is on SW side.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Plus space is really really big. Not even the Legion could effectively wage a war of attrition on the galaxy without FTL travel (which he doesn't have else he'd have just come to Azeroth conventionally.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/22/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Katarn
Starfighters, AT-ATs, AT-STs, power laser emplacements, etc etc. Legion loses in the end. Numbers and tech is on SW side.

We shall have to agree to dissagree. Then again, i'm considering the power of the Hive Fleets against the Imperium, which has been shown elsewhere would whup Starwars upside the head, and puting the Legion at least on par with teh Tyranids, so it may depent on the degree of context you're brining to the field.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Why the legion is obsessed with Azeroth? Next time Gadget! Next time!

Seriously, there is something here that they want. Something here that the Old Gods want as well.
Reply Quote
I'll put it aside for the sake of staying on topic I 'spose.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The Legion's biggest weakness is their zerg rush strategy.

Honestly, if they attacked modern-day Earth a line of machine guns could probably take out a good number.

Though we may run out of ammo before they're all gone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The Legion's biggest weakness is their zerg rush strategy.

Honestly, if they attacked modern-day Earth a line of machine guns could probably take out a good number.

Though we may run out of ammo before they're all gone.

Which is why i tend to view them alot like the Tyranids of Warhammer 40k. Each individual soldier is disposable, it's only purpose is to shield the ones beind it for a few steps. Eventually, one of the untold trillions is going to make it to you, and then its all over.

And since they reproduce in a fundimantly similar way (draining the magic from a world) every world you lose not only replenishes their armies, but makes them stronger.
Edited by Caeledor on 9/22/2012 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]