I'M SICK OF IT

90 Undead Hunter
Cross Realm Server was real cute...for like...a minute...now...i'm just over it...let me do my dailies ffs

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r631/takarita324/STOP_zps8e5f9aa8.jpg
Edited by Takarita on 9/22/2012 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've seen some good WPvP.. and its wonderful that its happening..

but i've seen some less than good WPvP too. I'm trying to power level an alt to catch up with friends, but i was literally being followed by 3 85s that were from a realm not on our CRZ group. that means they were there with a friend from Ysondre through RID or battletag, but i couldn't kill em with Unclescar cuz they were horde as is he, and my alt was ally. I couldn't get on Unclescar and tell em to F off cuz they phased away, or I did when i came into the same zone. Even if it was something reportable, "character doesn't exist"

so.. its got a long way to go before its going to get full thumbs up. til then, at least its nice to have more people running around. I'm not competing for nodes yet, and MoP won't be CRZ for at least a major patch so that still isn't a huge problem.. but its got a lot of things that need to be worked out. when the thing causing an issue is also the thing preventing a solution to the issue, we have a big problem, and that is what it really boils down to. Until CRZ allows us to solve the problems that CRZ creates, it will never be fully appreciated or reach its potential.

my biggest issue is the lack of respect from people hiding behind anonymous toons (which is a in-realm problem as well), but now that they have "I'm not from your !@#$ty server", the respect level has dropped even more, and that shouldn't be okay.
Edited by Unclescar on 9/23/2012 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 12:13 AMPosted by Unclescar
my biggest issue is the lack of respect from people hiding behind anonymous toons (which is a in-realm problem as well), but now that they have "I'm not from your !@#$ty server", the respect level has dropped even more, and that shouldn't be okay.

This is the part that makes me throw up in my mouth more than any other. I love having other lowbie toons tag things with their instant cast and channel spells while my enh shammy is running in circles, hoping I get in Earth Shock range. 5 years ago when I started playing? The outcome was usually a group invite. Now? "SHUT UP GAY NOOB L2 PLAY. UR BAD, BADDIE"

My reaction?
http://goo.gl/DlRKS
http://goo.gl/nRV5r
http://goo.gl/aOBNz
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/23/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Appeljaxx
Now? "SHUT UP GAY NOOB L2 PLAY. UR BAD, BADDIE"

This.

I can't believe how much disrespect we get just for being a low pop server. We should just start camping everyone we see. !@#$ them.
Reply Quote
lol that was on a high pop server. the point is, regardless of who you are, what server you're from, it doesn't hurt to have a little respect for people.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I think Ysondre needs another serious PvP guild... lol one that will go camp x-server players for gold?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/23/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Lârry
I think Ysondre needs another serious PvP guild... lol one that will go camp x-server players for gold?
everyone should go horde and join one guild >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The best part about CRZ encouraging a large amount of world pvp is that everyone once again remembers how ridiculously stupid world pvp is.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
09/23/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Mahourai
The best part about CRZ encouraging a large amount of world pvp is that everyone once again remembers how ridiculously stupid world pvp is.

And I kinda like wpvp. But it has it's place. Daily questing zone, not really one of those places :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/23/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Mahourai
how ridiculously stupid world pvp is.

now, that statement is false.

there is a huge difference between WPvP and lowbie grief-ing and spawn camping.

If you kill someone before they are even off the loading screen, thats not PvP, thats jerk vs dummy.

Legitimate WPvP is amazingly fantastic, having large scale non-instanced 30vs30s, whereas getting killed by 20 people before you even finish zoning in from a loading screen is the " ridiculously stupid WPvP" that you are speaking of.
Reply Quote
The problem is 30v30 sounds great. It usually is 37v18. And that's no fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
there is a huge difference between WPvP and lowbie grief-ing and spawn camping.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

09/23/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Unclescar
If you kill someone before they are even off the loading screen, thats not PvP, thats jerk vs dummy.

The only "WPVP" on Ysondre in Wrath, back when WPVP actually happened, was exactly this - people camping the flightmaster exit in Tarren Mill. Granted, this was extremely funny as long as you weren't on the receiving end.

09/23/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Unclescar
Legitimate WPvP is amazingly fantastic, having large scale non-instanced 30vs30s

Here's the thing - it isn't. All the organized, large scale, non-instanced WPVP events during Cataclysm on Ysondre have been complete !@#$fests, both factions' participants rife with accusations of respawning, bringing extra people, spectators interfering, etc. Abortive, halfhearted events that take longer to get people in line than they do to finish. Not to mention the obvious fact that CRZ actually discourages this kind of WPVP, what with allowing any random goobers running through the zone to throw a wrench in the works.

What you'd need to make the kind of world pvp you're talking about successful is a few simple modifications. First you'd need to make the area it's taking place in inaccessible, to maintain the organized structure and prevent griefers from spoiling the experience, like say instancing the area. Then you'd need to have some sort of way to assure that each faction wasn't bringing extra people, getting respawns when they weren't supposed to, etc... like perhaps a queueing system. Finally, you'd probably want to add a few objectives in the area to prevent everything from decaying into a giant deathball in the center of the area and to spread out hotspots of activity across the map. Oh wait, I just described battlegrounds, which were created to solve the problems inherent in world pvp.

World pvp is, and always has been, primarily about people getting murdered while afk in a quest hub or getting smashed zoning into Blasted Lands in front of the Dark Portal, and CRZ brings this aspect of world pvp back to the forefront.
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Mahourai
The only "WPVP" on Ysondre in Wrath, back when WPVP actually happened
i lol'd
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Glad to see your zero-content "contributions" aren't limited to trade chat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yep, world PVP should be all about camping quest hubs and flightmaster exits. Truly the best emergent gameplay in WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/23/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Roche
Yep, world PVP should be all about camping quest hubs and flightmaster exits. Truly the best emergent gameplay in WoW.

I think standing slighty behind someone AFK in Durotar hitting the same button over and over is the emergent gameplay in WoW.

Fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]