Water Walking

90 Gnome Mage
Shaman water walking is perfect. Y'know, controlling the elements and binding them to your will and what not. So, naturally, make the water surface strong enough to withstand your weight.

Death Knights, as spawns of the Lich King, are naturally very cold. So, sure, let's have them freeze the water beneath their feet. That's not only awesome, but very reasonable.

Priests can levitate over water, rogues can sprint (if I'm not mistaken) over water, and druids, naturally, can transform into a water creature and swim.

Hunters, even, can have a pet allow them to walk on water. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126311/surface-trot It's a bit of a stretch, but it works.

Warlocks, now, have a glyph that allows their class mount to run on water with a trail of flames. Not sure why or how a demon summoner can control water like this, but it's really awesome. If you haven't seen it, go look.

Mages (Frost mages, at least) can cause blizzards, freeze and shatter enemies, heck, we can even summon an elemental completely composed of water that is puppeted by yours truly.

Now, I don't think EVERY class should have water walking by any means, but by golly it sure doesn't make sense for masters of frost to be short of this ability while warlocks trot across the oceans on their hot-rod demon horses.

So, my question is, why don't mages have some sort of water mobility spell? If mages were to be granted one, what do you think it would/should/could be?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Add a minor glyph that adds Water Walking to Ice Armor, removes the effect when in combat.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
can i get a water elemental totem if you get water walking? mine can heal so they won't be the same!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Sure Totem, as long as we get a fire elemental as well!
And chain heal
you can have living bomb if we get chain heal.

Haha, anyway, I've often wanted for Slow Fall to have some sort of visual effect. I love how levitate just makes you float there, being awesome. What could we have? A lot of people have asked for (especially) a fire form, or something similar, but that doesn't really make sense. We're not elemental transformers, we just make it do whatever we want. I've thought some sort of arcane ascendance looking ability might be cool, but still not enough.

We need flight form. Like, have a cast time (we're not druids ffs!), but we can fly around and generally be superman. That would be epic. I'd be so happy!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/24/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Alia
Haha, anyway, I've often wanted for Slow Fall to have some sort of visual effect. I love how levitate just makes you float there, being awesome. What could we have?

It's sad but the only thing that comes to mind would be feathery wings, which would make us look like angels ..... which completely goes against the theme of this character.

I'll take no effect over that! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Speaking of wings, have you seen the Pally's new butterfly wings? Lol. They're pretty cool...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I actually haven't yet, or at least, haven't noticed yet. Haven't been playing much the past week or so due to work schedule.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
http://healbot.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/wings.png

which got quickly changed into EVEN MORE BUTTERFLY

http://oi45.tinypic.com/w05aq0.jpg

haha, so silly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Heh, silly maybe but it looks like a fairly cool effect in still-frame. I'll have to keep an eye out for it animated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Figures... thats the only thing mages don't have that other classes have...
I would almost bet that you'll get it soon. Don't worry. You have a hero, you have snares, you have burst, you have a bubble, you have shields, you have sustained damage... you have stealth and now you need water walking. Totally right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Exactly my opinion.. have a minor glyph for us mages!!!! water walking is something a mage maybe only a frost mage but still give us that benefit!! :D
Edited by Mistirius on 4/22/2014 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/24/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Dakai
Figures... thats the only thing mages don't have that other classes have...
I would almost bet that you'll get it soon. Don't worry. You have a hero, you have snares, you have burst, you have a bubble, you have shields, you have sustained damage... you have stealth and now you need water walking. Totally right.
Don't you have a bridge somewhere you should be guarding?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Blizzard gave us http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/107950 for a reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]