MoP Launch Changes

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Derp, that's the first thing I should have looked for. Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I just thought of something. Can we get emblem information for arena teams?
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
09/26/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Kalence
I just thought of something. Can we get emblem information for arena teams?

Added to known issues, I will try to get this added very soon. We do have that data, just have to include it. It will be the same as the guild emblem data however, just IDs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Regarding the static dumps, I'd love to see a quest dump (provided you haven't done it already and I just missed it). It'd make life simpler without having to query the API for all 32k quests.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/26/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Peratryn
Added to known issues, I will try to get this added very soon. We do have that data, just have to include it. It will be the same as the guild emblem data however, just IDs.

Even better, I can just reuse existing code. :D
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Static data dumps would be great, it will save a lot of request credits.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Druid
I noticed a "bug" looking at the glyph item data structure.

There is a spell named "Learning" (ID 483) that is flagged as ON_USE. However the description is empty. Could we get a description inserted here? For glyph's it should be "Permanently teaches you this glyph."
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
I noticed a "bug" looking at the glyph item data structure.

There is a spell named "Learning" (ID 483) that is flagged as ON_USE. However the description is empty. Could we get a description inserted here? For glyph's it should be "Permanently teaches you this glyph."

This spell doesn't have a description in the database.

I will look into what data on the spell is used to generate this description but my guess is any spell that is marked as "teaches item" or something like that, gets a description like this. I could be way off but I will try to look into it later on. Added to known issues list regardless.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Druid
This spell doesn't have a description in the database.

I will look into what data on the spell is used to generate this description but my guess is any spell that is marked as "teaches item" or something like that, gets a description like this. I could be way off but I will try to look into it later on. Added to known issues list regardless.

Yeah, I noticed that it's always the same spell ID. It's obviously something hardcoded behind the scenes. Difficult to push into a normalized format, I understand that. :)

Another thing that was just brought to my attention: The german loc of the item class data resource ( http://eu.battle.net/api/wow/data/item/classes?locale=de_DE ) labels mail armor as "Kette", while the in-game Tooltips will show "Schwere Rüstung". I suppose this is not intended? :)
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Death Knight
  • Static data: we are looking at a way to provide some large json data dumps of the static data contained in this API. These data files would be updated about once per large game patch. The idea is that you can download one static zip file that contains a bunch of json data so that you don't need to use the API for battle pet species, item, spell, achievement and data resources. If you have something you want to see be included in this please let us know. I don't have an estimated time for this but it is something I'm actively trying to make happen as soon as possible.

Wondering if there was any update on this data.

Also, can you add the SpellID to the proc item as well as the produced item from that spell? Example Balanced Alexandrite is crafted by SpellID 107598 which can proc Perfect Balanced Alexandrite, but if you look in the API it doesn't show that that item is produced by crafting. This will make it easier to tie the procs to the crafting process.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
Things to come

It's not about blindly predicting the future, but more importantly, what changes to the api can we expect, and when? I actually got excited, when I noticed a certain Blizzard employee, who felt responsible for the Community Platform API and fixed bugs almost instantaneously (okay, let's say within a day or two), and I hoped for a flow of information towards the users of the API (developers) ... including me ^^.
However, I really dislike waiting, especially when I don't even know, if anything at all is going to happen Soon™ ... and what. If we can help, please let us know. I would love to help, I just don't know where help is needed.

Personally I'm interested in changes to the progression field in the character data, because I'm convinced that an id has to be unique (14 times "id"=>0 seems non-unique). This was already mentioned, however, it has been mentioned some time ago now, I didn't expect it to take that long, but I guess the API is not a priority, for whatever reason - it might be good one (for example the holy first april hoaxes).

I was full of hope and joy, when I first read this:
09/23/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Peratryn
One of the next things happening to the game site is a revamp of the progression system. Due to many bugs and account-wide achievements the current system is in need of some work. We will be tackling this very shortly. This will include adding some date and LFR information to the progression character profile field.

Hope and joy is gone, I'd like to know, if this is going to get fixed in a reasonable amount of time or if this is going to take longer than ... let's say ... 3 months. Although manual labor can be satisfying, I really love to automate certain data imports, and it sucks, when everything is finally working and something breaks, because there is no way of knowing what is going to change next. That's frustrating. Some source of news/information for changes in advance would be great.
Edited by Jakumi on 3/31/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]